[Serie A] Cagliari - Juventus (05/02/2011) (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'll certainly take the three points. As JuveJay now understands, "every win is a good win." Glad to see the strikers scoring but this was only one match, so they have to prove they can perform like this over the span of several matches. And to me, the central pairing of B and B will be exposed sooner or later, with the defense falling apart completely without Giorgio in the center.

We need some 2,3,4 wins in the next matches to be back on track. Before we do that I won't be naive to hav high hopes and then be disappointed. I'm taking tonight's 3 points as if nothing happened. 3 wins or at least 7 points in the next 3 matches will finally be and mean something. If not, then we're back where we were.
Of course, Alen. What you're doing is being reasonable. In the midst of horrible results last season we would edge out a win here and there, with the same sort of "we're out of the woods" mentality portrayed by fans and staff alike. But as we know, it didn't get us very far. The following match would mercilessly resume the pain. So there's no doubt about it -- we need a few wins in a row to gather some momentum and confidence, then we can say the team has been revived in the short run. Until then, I'd be very skeptical.

As for some of the posts I've read around the forum, you've got to be kidding me. Material such as, "we've found the new Vieri in Matri" is just incredibly silly. Be happy with the win, but give the knee-jerk nonsense a rest. Folks claim that Vinman is the biggest knee-jerker on the forum but I'd say he has an enormous amount of posters beating him to the punch, all founded in baseless optimism and hope.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I am kinda in a nutral state, dont want to over-hype this win just yet. We surely got away with a nice 3 goals scored and 3 points of course but we are still suffering. I just dont know what happens to the players once they wear the jersey. They just fade away some how!! I somethimes think that maybe if we kept the same team after Serie B they would all have matured in this big team by now and maybe would have been a much better team.

Oh and enough with the youth selling for God's sake!

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Well,I missed our 1st half,but gotta admit we had a very good 2nd half and I'm pleasantly surprised with Toni's superb header,hahaha,F uck you Freshwater for ruining our clean sheet :groan:
Forza Juve,I knew we would win this game , and hahahahahaa Matri scores 2 goals already and Toni too,who is Amori? :D

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
Three points now ,three points next week.All I want for christmas is inter's defeat any given sunday till the end of the season.Marchisio to rape those bitches again for 1-0 and boost Juve's confidence to the sky while watching these motherfukers suffering.Forza Juve!

AshutoshJuve

Hi, Ashutosh Deshpande!
Mar 13, 2007
Sorry to have missed the match, they didnt show it here on TV, but can anyone answer a few easy Q's
1. How was Chiellini as LB
2. Barza was decent vs palermo, can he ouster Bonu-llini Pair ?
3. Krasic ?? or !! or :((
4. Claudio got subbed out, had an off day? How was Sissoko ?
5. Sorensen to seal his place?

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
As people posted previously I am not taking this win more then it actually is just 3 points we should be getting. Del Neri finally adapted to what the team should be playing a 4-3-3 type formation. I was a bit worried having 4 CB playing defense but lets face it those 4 have been our 4 best defenders well now including barzagli. I think Chiellini is going to be stuck out there for the rest of the season because unfortunately we need someone out there even though hes a best in the middle. Matri finished atleast half his chances which is nice to finally see a striker of ours score in open play and Toni's header is how a centre forward should score (Amauri) Good win lets hope its a start of a nice run and no better way to continue it then against Inter Merda! Forza Juve.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Sorry to have missed the match, they didnt show it here on TV, but can anyone answer a few easy Q's
1. How was Chiellini as LB
2. Barza was decent vs palermo, can he ouster Bonu-llini Pair ?
3. Krasic ?? or !! or :((
4. Claudio got subbed out, had an off day? How was Sissoko ?
5. Sorensen to seal his place?
1) Chiellini did wel, covered well and got up and down the park like a LB should do. Assisted Marti and his second goal with a nice cut back lob.

2)Barza again did well he had to do a bit of double work because Sorensen was being beaten by cozu quite a bit.. I think with him paying this way he has pushed Chiellini out on the Lb role for the rest of the season. Whether we like it or not I think its a good move since Grosso is just not good enough or atleast till Traore returns.

3)Krasic didnt do much dirfited in and out of the game. He could of easily outran Ariaudo and do alot more then what he did but he didnt. Played a nice ball for the first goal but wasnt sure if it was intended for Matri.

4)Marchisio got subbed out for tactical reasons for Toni to make a 4-3-3. He was having a pretty good game attacking space well i think and came in well from the flank. Sissoko heald his own today didnt do anything stupid kept it pretty clean and helped tight up the middle.

5)Sorensens passing wasnt the problem today. It was his positioning, he wasnt adjusting well with Cossu's speed and it cost him a few times as he got beat more then he should and had to be bailed out by Brazagli.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
If anyone is intrested it was Martinez who let Acquafresca slip away instead of Giorgio.
12m :sergio:

Edit:
Have some of you noticed we didnt launch the ball out of defence? the CB passed it to the fullbacks who took it further up the pitch. :heart:

Neutrol

Anti-Moggi
May 24, 2009
Zac:

"I am not pleased that Juventus is not going well. I left on good terms with the club. I took the team that was sixth and seventh we closed at the end of a very difficult season, punctuated by lots of injuries and commitments that prevented them from continuing the physical recovery. To win it takes the players and instead we ended up with 13-14 also unavailable. It is for this reason that relations were excellent: more than you could not do so. The current problems? From the outside it's hard to know what's going on, I know is that Juve has a good society, a good technician and a good staff. In my opinion this is a very good team, especially with quality in midfield, I see no other formations with so many options of value in that department. And then in Turin you can win even without the rose better, because as the environment compared to Milan and Rome there are fewer pressures, those pressures take away positive energy. I was 4 years in Milan and I have often seen that when players enter the field at San Siro had hollow legs. "The coach of Cesenatico, therefore, has finally had his revenge. Now it is redeeming at Juve last year unfortunately, the victory of Cagliari could be a new starting point.

dinojuve

Sultan of Swing
Jul 8, 2009
Situation #1:

You can see here our defence line letting the man alone in a very dangerous zone ... Bonucci, Chiellini and Martinez (allthough Martinez had to stay close to Nainggolan) are simply just looking how the opposition player jumps in front of them while Sorensen and Barzagli are already unable to do anything 'cause of the ball height.

Situation #2:

At this attack our defence isn't positioned how it should be. The ball first comes to Cossu on the left and he's totaly alone 'cause Sorensen is covering one of the two players inside the box. Barzagli also covers one while Bonucci and Melo both standing in empty space with no one to cover. Krasić is to much inside the field.

Cossu here recieves the ball and after smooth drible chips it on the second post. Krasić hasn't closed him as he should have. Aquafresca is on the other side ahead of Martinez and behind Giorgio who goes forward to prevent a player in front of him to threaten Gigi. There he makes a mistake but he had to do it 'cause Melo didn't cover any of Cagliari players.

Here you can clearly see that Martinez stays not folowing Aquafresca while Giorgio is late to make offside trap. After that Aquafresca scores.

Sitution #3:

Free kick now. Cagliari player easily chips the ball over the wall and Conti is alone there. Our CB's didn't closed him and are giving him a lot of space to react. Martinez stays on his side.

Conti now shoots but badly and it goes over the bar but it is obvoius that our defence have reacted very bad again. Only Martinez tried to get the ball but he was to far from the start so he couldn't cach up.

Situation #4:

Disallowed goal. Canini did pull Toni but our defence line isn't positioned as it should be, again. I think that Nene stayed alone this time. Aquilani doesn't cover anybody, Giorgio is in front of two Cagliari players and Melo is with Aquafresca and Conti.

Barzagli takes one while Sissoko is late to prevent Nene's header. Luckily Canini drags Toni down and referee whistles for a foul. In most cases referees don't make this decisions.

Toni is on the ground, Nene scores and Sissoko haven't got a single clue what's happening ... he made a mistake by letting Nene alone and going to Barzas player to double him up. Bonucci is just a little bit too short and he couldn't get the ball.

I think that this is out biggest flaw throughout entire season - defence line, positioning and reacting on free kicks, korner kicks and crosses as well. What they do on trainings is clearly a pure crap. They are letting opposition players to walk and move as they wish. It is embarassing at the moments but fortunately last night we were not punished for our mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)