[Serie A] Cagliari - Juventus (05/02/2011) (5 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #382
    I really shit on everyone who says "It was only Cagliari"

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Maybe we bring them down with our mediocrity? ;)
    Maybe we do, by not being able to attack and let those counter attacking teams play their best weapon- counter attack. It's a ridiculous thought that the pathetic team that we were in January was the reason why Palermo and Udinese played worse against us than they did against Inter and Milan. We all watched the matches. There was nothing we did to force Udinese and Palermo play worse than in some of their previous matches.

We need some 2,3,4 wins in the next matches to be back on track. Before we do that I won't be naive to hav high hopes and then be disappointed. I'm taking tonight's 3 points as if nothing happened. 3 wins or at least 7 points in the next 3 matches will finally be and mean something. If not, then we're back where we were.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Maybe we do, by not being able to attack and let those counter attacking teams play their best weapon- counter attack. It's a ridiculous thought that the pathetic team that we were in January was the reason why Palermo and Udinese played worse against us than they did against Inter and Milan. We all watched the matches. There was nothing we did to force Udinese and Palermo play worse than in some of their previous matches.

We need some 2,3,4 wins in the next matches to be back on track. Before we do that I won't be naive to hav high hopes and then be disappointed. I'm taking tonight's 3 points as if nothing happened. 3 wins or at least 7 points in the next 3 matches will finally be and mean something. If not, then we're back where we were.
    Yes, the hard part. I'm not too positive either, but a result in Milano and a win next game would be a nice step.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    I share the same feeling as Alen. Our general play is still poor, and although I am grateful for the 3 points, we still have to improve greatly if we want to finish 4th. Our off the ball movement is non-existent (has not improved much, if it all, from last season), and the only passes we can make are the obvious ones to wide open players a few feet away. If we try anything else, we end up losing the ball within 3 moves. We still defend frantically and not 1 game goes by where the opposition don't get at least 1 clear to goal chance because our marking is shit.

jbsal

Jul 25, 2008
    I agree - Fire Del Neri --
    Rather bad performance against an awful opponent, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm taking it with the hope that if we don't fire DN we will at least get him some assistant who will tell him how to organize the defense.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I didnt think we were going to win this game once Cagliari evened the score...I definitely thought we were going to piss the game away. We still played pretty poorly, but this was Cagliari, and not Roma, that we were facing

The Positives-

Matri delivered

Toni scored, and didnt look lost, like he has for Roma, Genoa, Bayern.....

Barzagli was pretty decent

The oblivious coach finally made a tactical switch of formation

The Negatives-

Set Pieces

Defensive Positioning

Lack of Cohesion between teammates (passing)

We wont get 1/4 back of what we've spent on the useless Martinez (blame the blindman)

Sorensen (we dont have time for him to learn on the job....even though the other choices suck....more blame goes to the blindman)

UselessOKO

I am not gonna get too excited.....we need consistency to finish anywhere near the top 4, and I dont see that happening

DUMB Neri still needs to go, and bring Gasperini in :juvefan2:

ps- every time I see Marotta on tv I think of "The Elephant Man" :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)