[Serie A] Cagliari 2-0 Juventus, Nov 29th, 2009 (13 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Buffon
Cáceres - Canna - Chiellini - Grosso
Sissoko - Poulsen
Camo - Diego - Giovinco
Amauri​

Give Melo a day off, put Marchisio on in the second half for either of those 2 midfielders. Del Piero simply takes more time to regain fitness and isn't the DP that'll just decide games yet, maybe play him last half hour, but please don't make him play a winger.

Then tell the players to play like their lives depended on it and be all over those fuckers. They need to stand up and play like they deserve the black n white stripes.

Seems the only formation that's worked well before. So, Let's do this..

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Buffon
Sissoko - Poulsen
Camo - Diego - Giovinco
Amauri​

Give Melo a day off, put Marchisio on in the second half for either of those 2 midfielders. Del Piero simply takes more time to regain fitness and isn't the DP that'll just decide games yet, maybe play him last half hour, but please don't make him play a winger.

Then tell the players to play like their lives depended on it and be all over those fuckers. They need to stand up and play like they deserve the black n white stripes.

Seems the only formation that's worked well before. So, Let's do this..
Again why play with a lone striker??? Giovinco/Del Piero can play up front next to Amauri.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Atleast it's the system that's actually worked, that's why I would field it. Unless Del Piero is fully fit I don't see the point in playing 2 strikers. A line of Camo-Diego-Gio should provide plenty of creativity for our striker.

Unless we have a fully fit Ale back, I don't want to see Diego on his own in a 4-3-1-2. When we sub Ale on in the second half, or for a half hour, I'd swap to 4-3-1-2, to give it a proper try. I certainly wouldn't start that way right now though.

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
I want to see 4-4-2

Buffon
Camo - Sissoko - Poulsen - Marchisio/Diego/Someone
Del Piero - Giovinco

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Indeed.

Now you guys want a flat 4-4-2, because the 'new' 4-2-3-1 didn't work with Ale as a winger?

We would've looked different had we started an on-form Poulsen and Gio. It wasn't going to be brilliant regardless, but fielding players who are clearly not on their game or just completely out of position doesn't help.

What's next, Ranieri back aswell?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Buffon
Caceres Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
Sissoko
March/Pou Melo
Camoranesi Amauri Diego

I want to see Melo in a more offensive role, he has on the ball skills, skills he's using at the wrong place and wrong times at the moment. He should not be in our own half all the time.

Having said that, Sissoko's place in front of the defence isn't ideal either.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
we were gonna get raped either way mate, Bordeaux were very, very well-prepared for us
I know, I wouldn't have expected us to win, that's what I was trying to say, but it's never going to work with the wrong players. He could've atleast gotten the players right for the formations. If he can't do that it's never going to work is what I meant. :)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Buffon
Caceres Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
Sissoko
March/Pou Melo
Camoranesi Amauri Diego

I want to see Melo in a more offensive role, he has on the ball skills, skills he's using at the wrong place and wrong times at the moment. He should not be in our own half all the time.

Having said that, Sissoko's place in front of the defence isn't ideal either.
Do you expect Diego to play as a winger? Diego himself said he can't play there for more than 15-20 minutes, because he can't really perform there. If we want to get everything out of Diego, he needs to get his role in the middle of the park, as an attacking mid, with people around him. Hence my formation a few posts back, which imo is the best way to play with the players available.

We just need all of our players to realise they're playing for Juve and have to earn their spot. More determination, more hunger. The team that rolled Samp can't all of a sudden become a formation that can't create or attack.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Buffon

Caceres - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Grosso

Sissoko - Poulsen

Camoranesi - Diego - Giovinco

Immobile​
I would stick to 4-3-1-2 like the plan before the start of the season since our MC's like Momo, Tiago, Marchi is back and DP also back

Buffon

Grygera - Canna - Chiellini - Grosso

Momo - Poulsen - Marchi

Diego

Amauri - Gio​

with Gio has freedom to move to left wing and Diego become SS if needed. Also adapt to 4-4-1-1 when defend. You can replace Grygera with Caceres, Gio with Melo, and Camo or Tiago for all from one of our MC's.. Our squad are build for 4-3-1-2

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Do you expect Diego to play as a winger? Diego himself said he can't play there for more than 15-20 minutes, because he can't really perform there. If we want to get everything out of Diego, he needs to get his role in the middle of the park, as an attacking mid, with people around him. Hence my formation a few posts back, which imo is the best way to play with the players available.

We just need all of our players to realise they're playing for Juve and have to earn their spot. More determination, more hunger. The team that rolled Samp can't all of a sudden become a formation that can't create or attack.
He was not so much intended to be a winger, more of a support striker to Amauri. Amauri needs someone to play off and Diego needs to be closer to the goal, the best Diego i've seen makes assists and scores but he is not one to truly dictate the play.

I agree with your latter statement by the way. I do think the current 4-2-3-1 is somewhat frail though and makes the pitch too large for our current team. Everybody looks isolated.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
He was not so much intended to be a winger, more of a support striker to Amauri. Amauri needs someone to play off and Diego needs to be closer to the goal, the best Diego i've seen makes assists and scores but he is not one to truly dictate the play.
Fair enough. That would make it somewhat of a 4-3-2-1 then?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Buffon
Caceres--Chiellini--Traitor--Grosso

Poulsen--Marchisio
Camoranesi---------------------Giovinco

Immobile--Del Piero​

Why the fuck not, we gotta roll the dice sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)