[Serie A] Bologna vs JUVENTUS (24th-Oct-2010) (4 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Tired - rubbish - the dude played half the Salzburg match - he can play a full match - you can't take a player off at the first sign of huffing and puffing - they get over that pain barrier

He could create a chance at any moment, our only star player

It may have had something more to do with the dive and the crowd

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Iaquinta is terrible. He can't even stay on side or put a penalty away. Its a shame Amauri injured because he looked like he might have scored. Despite his short comings, the man knows how to get up and connect the crosses. That's what we need right now and with time he'll become confident and put them away.

We looked quite poor and I put it mainly down to our strikers. Quag is no good. The reason he gets praise is because he has been in the right place at the right time and put away a few goals. But what we need from him is an ability to link up with his partner (which I don't blame him considering his partners) or the midfield. Whenever something gets going he fluffs a pass or is unable to control the ball.

The midfield today looked tired. Its clear that we have class there but the problem was our will with the ball at our feet. This is a hard working team with physical presence and against Bologna we wanted to play pretty football. We needed to close that gap between midfield and strikers and that means occasionally trying to bring it forward and participate further up the pitch by running it forward. The long ball only works so many times and if you do it for 90 minutes straight the oppositions defense will just eat you up.

I don't like this 4-3-3 business. Krasic shouldn't be pushing up so far like that all of the time. It was long ball after long ball to Krasic in the exact same position every time. The problem with Krasic playing further up in the 4-3-3 is that the opposition are the allowed to double, even triple mark him. If he played further down the pitch that would force the left wing and left back to spread and not work collectively because the left wing has to mark Krasic further up the field while the left back stays slightly back - Instead of trying to beat two players at a time, he can take on one player at a time with more space to run into. Just look at him against Sampdoria for example, he made runs from half way and found way more space that way.

So with the strikers - Martinez looked pretty good for the time he was able to play, Iaquinta is useless, Quag is only good for the odd ridiculous goal, Del Piero is the touch of class we miss and Amauri is definitely what we need in the air and is the only one who can provide it.

The midfield - Krasic had a bad game but I don't blame him. He can't dribble past two or three players with no support and the 4-3-3 doesn't suit him as I stated above. Melo did what was needed of him and made some nice passes but need to run it up and connect with the strikers. Aquilani made too many long balls and like I said needs to run it up as well and allow himself to make direct ground passes instead of skying it or passing to Krasic every time. Marchisio played well but didn't work the left side, and I don't blame him because he's not a left winger and that's why I don't like this formation. It was either Krasic down the right or nothing.

Defense - I was impressed with everyone and pleasantly surprised by both full backs. Motta put in some nice crosses and made his way up but his tackling and marking was what really impressed me. De Ceglie did the same.

In conclusion, time to go back to 4-4-2 and diversify our attacks and give space to our most dangerous player in Krasic. Time to buy a striker. Time to give Martinez some more time because we need something down the left and Marchisio won't provide it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Very disappointing performance attacking wise. But is it really a surprise that we struggle to create chances against teams who just sit back & don't bother to play along? To me it isn't, since we just aren't good enough right now to break them down.
Bologna went for a point & they deservedly got it.

Storari 6,5 - Not a busy afternoon, there when called upon. Thankfully.
Motta 6 - Poor start to the match, was fine afterwards.
Bonucci 6 - A few minor mistakes, but overall ok.
Chiellini 6,5 - Again the leader at the back. But seeing him taking matters into his own hands to start attacking doesn't exactly impress me.
De Ceglie 6,5 - Good game.
Krasic 6 - Overall a pretty poor game. Especially in terms of his positioning without the ball. But he also managed do create some danger, so I guess it evens out.
Melo 6,5 - Comfortable game.
Aquilani 6 - Decent but nothing more.
Marchisio 6,5 - Kept the shape of the team and covered for Aquilani & the others when necessary. I assume a lot of people will again say he did nothing, simply because a lot of his work goes unnoticed.
Amauri 5 - Useful in defence once or twice.
Quagliarella 4,5 - Poor.

Iaquinta 4 - Poor. Missing the penalty was the cherry on top. Don't think he's fit though.
Del Piero 5 - Won us some free kicks. Other than that useless.
Martinez 5,5 - Looked lively.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I saw the entire match yesterday, incredible how weak we were, attacking wise.
Defence looked ok, but the creativity in midfield and the lack of a real finisher surely showed yesterday.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I saw the entire match yesterday, incredible how weak we were, attacking wise.
Defence looked ok, but the creativity in midfield and the lack of a real finisher surely showed yesterday.
We got lazy as well, looking at the start of the game when we looked like we could score at any moment, and then time started to tick and they got deeper, we can't play against teams like that.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Uncharacteristically off target? :shifty:

:chuckling:
Fuck...i need to work out the multi-quote routine...When I miss a game i make sure to read over all the comments on here, then watch the highlights or download the game before making my own review...today, though, I am finding much humour, such as the above punchline.

I allowed myself to get carried away on the wave of optimism over the summer, which suggested that with a 4-4-2 wingers system, amauri would be banging in the goals, left, right, and centre...or at least...centre...with his head...I still have not given up all hope with him, but he has been poor for two years now. Even in the first season he was with us, when he played due to the injuries to Trez, the majority of his goals were tap-ins, or clumsy knee-ins, or shin shots...seriously his shooting technique is atrocious.

I would not go as far as some, in suggesting he should be shot whilst playing, so we can claim the insurance, but i understand the logic...presently, on his form of the last two years, we would struggle to get 5m for him. I cannot see who would take the chance???

Still...Iaquinta may have the grinta, but...he isnt a footballer. Another one likely hard to sell, but should fetch more than Amauri. His strength and eagerness could prove useful in the championship, or Qatar...

Its annoying that we couldn't beat Bologna, but at least we never looked like losing, controlled the game, aquilani and melo continue to gel. As others have said, last season we would lose a game like this....Our opponents saw their only chance of getting anything, as playing 10 behind the ball. Which makes out control of possession less worthy of merit, but also explains why krasic especially, couldn't find the channels to run into.

I would have preferred to see Pepe starting on the left wing. Claudio can take a break, SUB in for Melo if he starts to go mental. No need to disrupt the blossoming central midfield partnership. Also...Martinez should be tried in attack, off the main striker. Or...play him with Quag, who isnt a target man, but will be more useful there than Iaquinta. Either way, give the chap a chance, he has some sparkle in his toes, which we need to see on the field...

Two disappointing results in a row, but at least in this one, unlike against Salzberg, we never looked like losing...I remain content with our progress so far this season. Grab a target man in January, perhaps a right back and left back also, depending on the form up until then, of our current De Ceglie Grygera/Motta cobinations. 4th should be achieved.
I was being sarcastic. I thought that was fairly obvious from the "uncharacteristically""part, considering his lack of goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)