Serie A: Atalanta vs Juventus [April 20 , 2008] (1 Viewer)

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
We should try and secure a win at atlanta, I wouldnt want us to lose there or even draw, these 3 points are the last needed for a secure CL spot.

I would like to see this lineup

-------------------- Belardi ---------------------
Grygera -- Stendardo -- Chiellini -- Molinaro
Camoranesi - Tiago - sissoko - Nedved
------------- Trez - Paladino --------------

Tiago should start.

What do you guys feel towards floccarris play? I really believe that hes underated.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Iaquinta's injury blow
Thursday 17 April, 2008

There’s bad news for Juventus striking star Vincenzo Iaquinta as he has been ruled out of action for another three weeks.

The former Udinese hitman was missing for yesterday’s rescheduled Week 31 clash against Parma and played just 12 minutes in last Saturday’s showdown against Milan.

Iaquinta damaged quadriceps last Tuesday in training and scans have revealed that the problem is more serious than initially suspected and will take at least three weeks to fully heal.

With the competition intense for places at Euro 2008, Iaquinta’s injury has come at an inopportune time and could prove costly.

The news means that unsettled forward Raffaele Palladino, who hit a superb goal against Parma, will have a greater chance of commanding a starting spot.

----------------
Bad news for us and Iaquinta, good news for the other candidates for a place in Italian NT.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
He probably wants to say that Del Piero fans opened a bottle of champaign after reading these news :D

I dont think so hey, Iaquinta doesnt really compete with DP in Donadoni's tactical set up. The Azzuri's 4-3-3 formation from the looks of it, is like this upfront

------------------Toni--------------------
------Di Natale------------Camoranesi----

and as back up,

-------------------Boriello-----------------
------Quagliarela------------Iaquinta---------

I could be wrong but the person who would more likely benefit from this is actually Palladino as Donadoni clearly said he has no one else for that position if Camo and IQ arent there. That was before the Portugal game. Semioli was also injured then I think..... & he's crap anyway

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I dont think so hey, Iaquinta doesnt really compete with DP in Donadoni's tactical set up. The Azzuri's 4-3-3 formation from the looks of it, is like this upfront

------------------Toni--------------------
------Di Natale------------Camoranesi----

and as back up,

-------------------Boriello-----------------
------Quagliarela------------Iaquinta---------

I could be wrong but the person who would more likely benefit from this is actually Palladino as Donadoni clearly said he has no one else for that position if Camo and IQ arent there. That was before the Portugal game. Semioli was also injured then I think..... & he's crap anyway
Ah, yes, you're right.
Man, it would be hillarious if Palladino is taken to the euros while Alex isn't.

Anyway, it's not over for Vinny yet. It says that he's out for at least 3 weeks. If at the end it turns out that he'll be out for exactly 3 weeks it will mean that he'll be back sometime around May 7/8 and he'll have a whole month to get into perfect shape.

P.S: Just for the record, Quagliarella also can not play as left wing. He actually has an identical role with Del Piero, just that Alex is 100 times the player Quag is.
I'm pretty sure Donadoni will take Del Piero at the euros while Quagliarella will have to wait for the world cup.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Ah, yes, you're right.
Man, it would be hillarious if Palladino is taken to the euros while Alex isn't.

Anyway, it's not over for Vinny yet. It says that he's out for at least 3 weeks. If at the end it turns out that he'll be out for exactly 3 weeks it will mean that he'll be back sometime around May 7/8 and he'll have a whole month to get into perfect shape.

P.S: Just for the record, Quagliarella also can not play as left wing. He actually has an identical role with Del Piero, just that Alex is 100 times the player Quag is.
I'm pretty sure Donadoni will take Del Piero at the euros while Quagliarella will have to wait for the world cup.
I dont get that part

Donadoni plays a 4-3-3 in position that reverts to a 4-5-1 and I think his worry is that while DP would be great during 4-3-3 mode, tracking back for 4-5-1 wouldnt be as easy for him as it'd be for Di Nat and Quag. The Italia coaches of the past have always seemed to structure their team formation around the presence of a Baggio, Totti or DP so the fact that Donadoni doesnt do that is complicating shit

Anyway, just hope IQ will be back for us soon. I read somewhere that a win mathematically guarantees 4th. If so, heres hoping 4 a quick end to this on Sunday!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I dont get that part

Donadoni plays a 4-3-3 in position that reverts to a 4-5-1 and I think his worry is that while DP would be great during 4-3-3 mode, tracking back for 4-5-1 wouldnt be as easy for him as it'd be for Di Nat and Quag.
.....nevermind (in case you've read the post before i edited it :D )

You're right.
The formation reverts all the time from 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 depending on which team has the possesion atm and Alex obviously can not do this.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
There's is no Italian forward more technically gifted than DP selectable, especially considering that one equal to him, Totti (I know this is another fierce debate in itself particularly coz his attitude sux but the dude is talented), has retired so this whole business shouldnt even be going on imo - the legend should be going

Agree about Quag btw - also feel junk Donadoni doesnt wanna "hurt" him by dropping him after being involved in the majority of qualifying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)