Serie A: Atalanta vs Juventus [April 20 , 2008] (1 Viewer)

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Let's win this and secure CL .. and give our Old Guard a rest :D ..

Can I edit your post, Jack .. Pleaaase ?

I asked nicely :D :p

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I remember the same feeling of last season when few points where left to secure our promotion back to Serie A. Such a great feeling it was to end a bad nightmare..

Now, it is the same but to come back to CL..

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I remember the same feeling of last season when few points where left to secure our promotion back to Serie A. Such a great feeling it was to end a bad nightmare..

Now, it is the same but to come back to CL..

it would be even sweeter if milan is kept out of receiving a CL bid too

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Atalanta are a dodgy side at their home ground. I see this as a tough away fixture. Nevertheless, given the amazing shape that both Camoranesi and Del Piero are in I see noone stopping us. 3-1 Juve. Del Piero, Trez... Molinaro.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Atalanta will have to do without their best player, captain, playmaker and top scorer Cristiano Doni, who is suspended.
Most probably they'll be without their second best scorer Langella, who was injured 6 days ago and the initial reports were that he'll be out for 2 weeks.

Atalanta do not need the points at all, while the win isn't a must for us either, even though a win will secure top 4.
But it's Juve playing in Bergamo and Atalanta will not just give up. They'll try to impress.
I expect an interesting match with lots of chances and hopefully many goals and Juve win.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Rest assured , we got to keep wining all the remaining matches and try to jeopardize that second place so the players could enjoy an extended summer rest.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Rest assured , we got to keep wining all the remaining matches and try to jeopardize that second place so the players could enjoy an extended summer rest.
Actually, even though many won't agree with me because it's not Juve style to think that way, if Roma beat Livorno then i think we're chanceless, considering Roma's schedule.
Even if we beat Atalanta, Roma winning vs Livorno will keep them 7pts in front of us, with only 4 matches to go. I doubt Roma will fuck up 3 of the 4 matches.
That's why maybe it will be smarter to give a rest to our best players after we secure top 4.
That way they'll have 1 month rest compared to the others who are still fighting for something in serie A.

I really don't know what's smarter.
With the EURO just around the corner it will be too much if we play at 100% till late May, then play the EURO and then play CL qualifications in August.

Opinions?

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
nah .. I think we'll just stay at third and not try to go after Roma, They have an easier schedule, after all ..

and That point Alen has just pointed out .. I agree with him :)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hehe, you guys know Glenn? :D

If they have so key attacking players missing Alen, is there any chance Paolucci might play? Floccari and Pippo jr are still available, but I havent noticed Paolucci play even once in 4 months for them.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hehe, you guys know Glenn? :D

If they have so key attacking players missing Alen, is there any chance Paolucci might play? Floccari and Pippo jr are still available, but I havent noticed Paolucci play even once in 4 months for them.
I thought he played against Napoli, but i may be wrong.
Actually, all i know is that he was in the predicted line-up before the match, i don't know if he played.
I'll check.......

...i checked, he played until minute 68 and then Simone Inzaghi replaced him.

Btw, the match date is 4/20.
Who understands understands, who doesn't...well... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)