[Serie A] Atalanta 0-2 Juventus [7th May, 2023 12:30 CEST] (3 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Why was our 1st goal checked by VAR? It looked so foolish when few minutes later they showed the footage. Rabiot was few meters onside ffs. I dont see the purpose of linesmen any longer in this game. When there is blatant offside they keep the flag down and wait for VAR to rule.

Aug 2, 2005
Why was our 1st goal checked by VAR? It looked so foolish when few minutes later they showed the footage. Rabiot was few meters onside ffs. I dont see the purpose of linesmen any longer in this game. When there is blatant offside they keep the flag down and wait for VAR to rule.
It's probably a mistake showing the On/offside. It was quite clear and did not need VAR.

They maybe checked if there was a foul by Illing when getting the ball off Atalanta player for the build-up.

I guess even if it was a foul (which I doubt), the goal will still stand since it was not direct to the goal.
Illing to Rabiot to whoever and then to Illing.
At least by what is written on the books.

Maybe even a foul by Milik

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's probably a mistake showing the On/offside. It was quite clear and did not need VAR.

They maybe checked if there was a foul by Illing when getting the ball off Atalanta player for the build-up.

I guess even if it was a foul (which I doubt), the goal will still stand since it was not direct to the goal.
Illing to Rabiot to whoever and then to Illing.
At least by what is written on the books.

Maybe even a foul by Milik
It looked amateurish. Commentator chuckled :lol2: just kick linesmen out of the game. They are useless at this point and waste of resources.

Aug 2, 2005
It looked amateurish. Commentator chuckled 2: just kick linesmen out of the game. They are useless at this point and waste of resources.
For on/offside calls..
I fully agree.. this should stop immediately.. there is no point in asking linemen to raise the flag for such calls.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Whoever missed this game please keep missing games just in case
I missed both games and had to watch the replay a few hours later on both occasions.
We look the same week in and week out. Sometimes it leads to a win. There's very little difference between a win or a loss for us, all matches look the same.
If anyone disagrees. Watch a replay of a game we lost then watch a game we won. Only differences are individuals brain farts in some of the losses.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks. I'm sorry but I got to LMAO if that is supposedly racist ..... though I never been to Dusan's country.

I should feel better knowing other country citizens can be as weak minded as Americans. Is the whole world as fuked up as the US. Been on this planet a long time and keep telling my wife you can get in more trouble for what you say than what you do these days.

Get a load of this breaking news.
California-panel-approves-reparations-proposal-life-long-black-residents-1-2million.html

Brief snippet of article ....
"A black resident in California who has lived in the state their whole life until the age of 71 could receive more than $1.2million in compensation, if the recommendations are forged into law"
. :janna:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Since the introduction of VAR these cocksuckers have looked over all of our goals with a fine tooth comb to cancel them with even the slightest infractions. It’s nothing new.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Romani are pretty heavily discriminated against in Italy and many other places in Europe and the use of zingaro/gypsy against slavs/eastern europeans is 100% meant in a racial way. Zlatan used to get similar abuse.
Thank you for clarifying us Americans still rank at the top for sensitivity and that word is a no-no for sure in Europe. Did happen in Italy (never been to) but few people who have for enough time been told one of the most racist countries in Europe. Sad if true.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Thank you for clarifying us Americans still rank at the top for sensitivity and that word is a no-no for sure in Europe. Did happen in Italy (never been to) but few people who have for enough time been told one of the most racist countries in Europe. Sad if true.
It’s hard to say. Italy seems to relish in dark humor when it comes to football cursing. Hence the lavali col fuoco.

Or the old fascist song updated for a then-recent deadly helicopter crash as “E gira gira l’elica, romba il motor, L’elicottero dell’arma è tornato al creator” in Tim Parks’ book, “A Season With Verona”.

https://timparks.com/non-fiction/a-season-with-verona/extract-from-a-season-with-verona/

Italian ultras love the darker, the fouler, the most offensive the better.

Now I’m probably going out on a limb here for seemingly excusing outright racism, but there is definitely an element of that which seems like a social release … a sort of “anything goes” offensive zone to feel unconstrained and be the worst version of yourself for a couple of hours. Like the American white rap fan who seems crazed to not be able to enter some space and yell the n-word all day long with abandon.

And in football, race is an easier stick to grab as an available weapon as things like last names, height, a fancy for tranny hookers, etc.

Because most offenders act not like the horrible racists they may seem in the stadium. But the problem is that there are too many who are, and they are too clueless to get the subtle difference.

Players should not have to suffer social shaming and insults for nothing they can’t change. And at least symbolically, having even one “unsafe space” where that could be allowed as a venting outlet probably does more harm than good, as it risks leading to it spreading beyond the stadium and the next thing you know some douche with a megaphone is chanting about the Jews replacing them in a public square.

But I appreciate the need for that venting outlet in a way that football can be a proxy for war. I only wish that Italians were a little more clever and found loopholes to go after offensive and vile things without the racist cave man grunts. IMO, cheering a volcano or celebrating a crashing helicopter should still be ok despite its deliberate offensiveness.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)