[Serie A] AS Roma vs Juventus (13 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
snoop said:
If I was laughing?that was stupid by you Andy,I never said in my life we always win against Major teams,If I don't agree with that quote,which was yours also,that doesn't mean the opposite,think about it,there are other colors too than black or white..I said it milion times,that normal to lose againt teams like Milan and Bayern and specially if they were away matches..
and what fantasy world are you living Andy?you think it's a sin to lose against Bayern in Germany,and about Liverpool,they eliminated everyone last year,so each team eliminated against them are losers,must fire their coaches?and you forget that we scored goal against Liverpool and they didn't count it,even that was enough to beat them..

Liverpool is a big team??yeah nice joke..

I hope it works..
Pool is a team that we should have beaten....no doubt about that...WE HAVE THE BETTER TEAM !!!!

I am happy for the result of the Roma game...it feels good to put 4 past those thugs...but they are nowhere the same team they were just a mere few years ago, when they put 4 past us.

I am not giving credit to Crap for this victory....why should we ???

again, we have the better team, and should win this tie the majority of the time

Lets see what Crap does in the second round of the CL, when we have to face a Barca... Manure, or even Chelski

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Vinman said:
Pool is a team that we should have beaten....no doubt about that...WE HAVE THE BETTER TEAM !!!!

I am happy for the result of the Roma game...it feels good to put 4 past those thugs...but they are nowhere the same team they were just a mere few years ago, when they put 4 past us.

I am not giving credit to Crap for this victory....why should we ???

again, we have the better team, and should win this tie the majority of the time

Lets see what Crap does in the second round of the CL, when we have to face a Barca... Manure, or even Chelski
Hey Vinman :)
I don't agree with that logic Vinman,it's not always about "whose squad is better,then they must win"..it's about tactics,players' quality,players' performance,concentration, mistakes etc..

and I think Capello deserves some credit,after all he is the boss,he surely has a influence in the team..

anyway great result,Milan lose,we took back the lead with five points :weee:

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
yeah, I saw several replays of the penalty, and I fully expected Thuram to trip the guy (I saw the match on tape delay), but I didn't see anything that warranted even a foul! the guy fell over, lost his balance, tripped over his own feet, whatever-it certainly wasn't Thuram doing anything that wouldn't be done anyway

OP
arc

arc

Mar 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #568
    Vinman said:
    after watching real madrid vs barcelona last time (yes, i watched that instead of the juventus coz no channels r showing it on pplive :frown: )i seriously hope we dont meet barcelona before semi :sick:

although, we have a MUCH better defense than madrid, still, no1 (zambrotta at best) can stop messi+dinho+eto, they are way too quick for us to handle

OP
    arc

arc

Mar 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #569
    snoop said:
    "Capello's tactics don't work against Major teams" :rofl:

have u watched barcelona match last nite, im shitting my pants thinking they are also in the CL :frown:

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    We have what it takes to stop Barcelona,
    we are one of the very few teams in Europe equiped with the right tools for this job.

Montella dived.

Roma isnt one of the biggest teams in Europe but it can be considered a big team,
    they can trouble eveybody in their day
    and we were not us superior as the scores indicates.

And its not that Cap has bad tactics
    his problem is he cant adapt them to the situation,
    things would be dif if Roma scored first

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    snoop said:
    If I was laughing?that was stupid by you Andy,I never said in my life we always win against Major teams,If I don't agree with that quote,which was yours also,that doesn't mean the opposite,think about it,there are other colors too than black or white..I said it milion times,that normal to lose againt teams like Milan and Bayern and specially if they were away matches..
    and what fantasy world are you living Andy?you think it's a sin to lose against Bayern in Germany,and about Liverpool,they eliminated everyone last year,so each team eliminated against them are losers,must fire their coaches?and you forget that we scored goal against Liverpool and they didn't count it,even that was enough to beat them..
    It is indeed normal to lose against the likes of Milan and Bayern Munich, however it is not normal for a team of Juventus' calibre to be played off the park by these clubs, no matter how you look at it. I think you have my thoughts confused, snoop...I'm not mad at the fact that we lost those matches, I'm extremely worried that we played like absolute crap and lost those matches. If we actually did not get played off the park by Milan and Bayern I obviously would not be as worried, however the fact remains that when we lose we lose badly and against the bigger sides, and this is not exactly good to see.

I'm not living in any fantasy land snoop...I'm living in reality. And the reality is there are better clubs out there than Juventus, including Chelsea and Barcelona at the moment, and there are problems within our side that not many like to admit. And again, my qualms are not about the results, obviously, it's about how we performed in those specific matches. There is quite a difference, you know..

Liverpool is a big team??yeah nice joke..
    Well, I would hope that a club that has five European Cups is a big team...if not, what does that mean for Juventus? :confused:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Good posts Swag and Andy, but I can't say I agree with the ratings of certain players. Especially how you rated our fullbacks, as I thought they were one of the better assets of our team against Roma.

Chiellini impresses me more and more every match, his confidence and determination. That coupled with some good ball skills and some decent interceptions defensively. His confident runs were more than usefull against Roma.

Though I agree that Zambrotta's play is restricted nowadays, I don't think it's due to his RIGHT-back role. Zambrotta has made less runs forward, ever since Capello introduced his tactics upon our team. To Capello's credit a bit though, Zambrotta's defensive skills are now among the best.
    Anyway, about yesterday. Zambrotta was good in defence as always and showed a lot of initiative going forward. He had more than a few good and convincing runs upfront, and was crucial in two of the four goals scored. His attacking skills yesterday, also made me wish to see Capello field Zambrotta as midfielder again, even if it is just occasionally. Maybe even instead of Nedved, who did not look all that impressive to me, as he was to Swag appearantly. Though Nedved did look better than he has often looked this season. He seems to up his game in 'big' matches.

I do agree with Emerson's good ratings, he was my man of the match as well.

vippy84

Oct 22, 2005
    What a news for Juventus..... Roma team was beaten 4-1 by Juventus.... and Roma scored from the spot!!! hahaha Totti sux....:agree:
    Another great news is that Milan lost in the hand of Fiorentina 3-1... this automatically increased Juve's lead on top of the table...
    Forza Juve...
    go all the way..
    I hope Totti will be banned for few matches at least for kicking Nedved!!! What a loser!!! he does not deserve to be a captain at all..
    Lol...

Juno

Escape Artist
    Apr 23, 2005
    A nice all-round performance in the second half, after a difficult 1st one.Zlatans goal was class.Thuram being sent off was sheer stupidity.Anyway , good performance.

Forza Juve, five points clear on top baby!! :D

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    shit totti is now the most red-carded player in serie a history?:google:
    you know thats a damn shame,i really feel for him. paolo montero worked really hard to be "the animal" it took a lot of work to improve on pasquale bruno and now a snot nosed, whinging, annoying wee brat has overtook him in the red card stakes. this calls for a campaign to get paolo back to serie a so he can empty a few players and get his record back:weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)