[Serie A] AS Roma vs Juventus (6 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
ThePLaya said:
i know and i know what you mean !

but we have to admit that the only thing that we hate it about totti is his behavior specially against juve, but we can not deny that we cheer for him when he play for italy in Euro or WC. don't you do that ?

Ofcoarse. I can't deny that. He becomes one of my fav players when he turns to the Azzurri Jersey..I go crazy when I see him playing. Too bad he's a Roman though.

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Ofcoarse. Too bad he's a Roman though.
it's his destiny and so many romanista cheers for del piero too when he play for the azzurri , and also they can say too bad he's a juventini and that's will be their dreams to see the capitano in rome :)

OP
arc

arc

Mar 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #604
    Azzurri7 said:
    Ofcoarse. I can't deny that. He becomes one of my fav players when he turns to the Azzurri Jersey..I go crazy when I see him playing. Too bad he's a Roman though.
    not me, i cheer for cassano, i cheer for bob, but i havent never cheer for totti, and whenever he miss a pass, miss an easy goal, i go "WTF"

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow !! First of all , i was tring to get to the site during the game but couldn't.

Juventuz has now a whole new look?!? When did this happen? it's kind of unusual, not like before but i guess we'll get used to .

Congrats to Juve four getting 4 past Roma...

I was very happy to see that Totti had to eat his words after a whole week of verbal diaorrhea..

Great goal by zlatan,... trez the master poacher... but also helps that the romans defence did not come to the match.

Forza Juve!!! :)

Apr 26, 2004
    On the way to Roma vs Juventus

After a one-week break for the matches with the International teams, the schedule of Serie A’s twelveth matchday has the big match Roma vs Juventus on the list, to be played at the Olimpico as the early match on Saturday night (20:30). The Bianconeri, who have collected a series of 10 wins in the first 11 matchdays and only one defeat, at San Siro against Milan, are first-ranked and are running at a brisk pace in the home league as well as in Champions League. Therefore, Capello’s squad is ready to face an away match that has alway been delicate, although the Bianconeri boss will have the full squad (except for the injured players) at his disposal only as of Thursday when the last Internationals will be back.

Spalletti’s Roma is sixth-ranked with 18 points. In the latest three matchdays of the championship, the Giallorossi beated Inter, Ascoli and Messina, alongside those conquered against Parma and Reggina. Three are the draws earned (Livorno, Cagliari and Lazio) and as many the defeats (Udinese, Empoli and Siena).

Apr 26, 2004
    Roma vs Juventus: the precedents

Matches played: 72
    Wins: 20
    Draws: 24
    Vittorie Roma: 28
    Goals
    Scored: 78
    Conceded: 107

The last match:

Won
    Season 2004/05 27th matchday, March 5th 2005
    Roma-Juventus 1-2
    Cannavaro, Cassano, Del Piero ®

Draw
    Season 2002/03 12th matchday, December 1st 2002 Roma-Juventus 2-2
    Totti, Cassano, Del Piero, Nedved

Lost
    Season 2003/04 20th matchday, 8th February 2004 Roma-Juventus 4-0
    Dacourt, Totti ®, Cassano (2)

Apr 26, 2004
    Roma-Juventus: who’s playing
    Here is the list of players called up for Saturday’s night match Roma-Juventus (8.30pm):

3 Chiellini
    4 Vieira
    6 Kovac
    7 Pessotto
    8 Emerson
    9 Ibrahimovic
    10 Del Piero
    11 Nedved
    12 Chimenti
    14 Balzaretti
    16 Camoranesi
    17 Trezeguet
    18 Mutu
    19 Zambrotta
    20 Blasi
    21 Thuram
    22 Bonnefoi
    23 Giannichedda
    26 Gladstone
    28 Cannavaro
    32 Abbiati

Apr 26, 2004
    Capello: "An important match"
    "It's an important match for both teams; there'll be top players on the pitch who are able to make a difference. Knowing the opponents well like I do is only partially an advantage since players at such a high level can change the course of the game at any time; we'll have to be careful". The one against Roma is a delicate match and Fabio Capello wants to keep concentration high:"It will certainly be a remarkable match on a professional level and it feels good to play in a stadium crowded with supporters who are always very close to their team's fate. Roma have not had a good season last year but they're now catching up and getting back on track. After all, they're a very strong side, with quality players. Our side has gathered yesterday and we've started today to prepare the match. Anyway, many of them looked serene, because of the good results with their countries. We hope we'll have the same smile on our faces on Saturday night too."

Last year's match at the Olimpico was a particularly tough one, maybe also because of the hot atmosphere that always surrounds this challenge: "We all should only think about what happens on the playground - the coach continues - and be more serene and not overload the game with too much pressure". And it's the very Capello who gives the good example: "I want to take the chance to congratulate Francesco (i.e. Totti), Mrs Ilary and little Christian and wish them the most important thing: much health, for all of their lives. Sincerely my best wish and compliments to the new parents"

Apr 26, 2004
    Roma vs. Juventus 1-4
    A determined Juventus in the first half, and inexorable in the second, wins over Roma at the Olimpico scoring 4 goals. Nedved finds the goal at the end of the first half, Capello’s side are rampant in the second half with Ibrahimovic’s goal and two scored by Trezeguet.

Juventus start in attack right away with Ibrahimovic being the first to attempt on goal, after 3 minutes, but his right-footed drive is too high. Then it’s Montella’s turn to try to get dangerous but Thuram first and Abbiati later counter the Giallorosso striker’s initiatives. On 8’ minutes, Emerson serves for Trezeguet who causes Doni to clear with his feet. It’s Juve again on 11’ minutes with Camoranesi feeding Ibrahimovic, whose turn on the shot ends narrowly high over the crossbar. Abbiati makes three great saves: on 13’ minutes, when he deflects Taddei’s shot out for a corner, on 17’ minutes when he hinders De Rossi who, feeded by Totti’s free-kick, drives a header out and then on 32’ minutes when he saves Montella’s attempt on goal. After 23 minutes Trezeguet looks for the goal but his header, following Chiellini’s cross shot, ends out. In the last fifteen minutes of the first half, Juventus control the game and create several good occasions in attack and can finally take the lead on 46’ minutes: Camoranesi crosses for Nedved from the right, the latter jump for a header and beats Doni. The first forty-five minutes ends with the Bianconeri leading 1-0.

Capello’s side, determined in the first half, become inexorable in the second. After 5 minutes, Nedved tries again to score, Doni saves but cannot keep the ball which ends out for a corner. Following the corner, Doni throws out, Emerson lobs the ball but the goalkeeper saves. The 2-0 goal is Ibrahimovic’s masterpiece. The Swede, served by Emerson in the midfield, disengages himself from Kuffour, moves forward and at the right time, with an unstoppable right-footed shot, beats Doni. There is only Juventus on the playground. Two minutes later Trezeguet’s show starts: on 13’ minutes, following Zambrotta’s cross from the right, the Frenchman nods it in (3-0). On 16’ mintues, Ibrahimovic crosses to the centre, the ball touches Thuram and finally gets to Trezegoal who shoots it in from a very short range (4-0). On 20’ minutes, Capello’s side remain in 10 when Thuram is sent off as Paparesta reckons he’s brought Montella down: the resulting penalty is converted by Totti, who makes no mistake (4-1). Capello sacrifices Trezeguet and replaces him with Kovac: Juventus, despite being fewer in number, control the game with great care. In fact, from this time on Roma will only get dangerous on 23’ minutes with Totti’s left-footed shot which ends out.

ROMA vs JUVENTUS 1-4
    GOALS: 46'fh Nedved, 11'sh Ibrahimovic, 13'sh and 16' sh Trezeguet, 20'sh Totti
    (pen.)
    ROMA: Doni; Panucci, Kuffour, Mexes, Cufrè (34'sh Alvarez); Perrotta,
    Dacourt (30'sh Tommasi), De Rossi (15'sh Nonda); Taddei, Totti; Montella.
    Coach: Spalletti. Substitutes: Curci, Bovo, Karja, Aquilani.
    JUVENTUS: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Thuram, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Camoranesi,
    Emerson, Vieira, Nedved (46'sh Mutu); Ibrahimovic (35'sh Del Piero),
    Trezeguet (18'sh Kovac). Coach:Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Pessotto,
    Blasi, Giannichedda.
    REFEREE: Paparesta
    YELLOW CARDS: 38'fh Nedved, 39'fh Vieira, 3'sh Cannavaro, 30'sh Dacourt, 37'sh
    Mexes, 44'sh Perrotta
    SENT-OFF: 17'sh Thuram

Apr 26, 2004
    Capello: “Great performance”
    Fabio Capello is satisfied with his side’s performance: “The whole team put in a great performance. Roma gave us some problems in the first 25 minutes as we did not control the ball much, then we changed”. He is asked what he told Emerson when he called him to the sidelines: “I told him that if we had played too much with long passes Roma would have found it easier to catch up, we needed to make the ball move faster. They did so and it paid”. He is asked about Trezeguet, who scored two goals: “He’s lethal in the penalty area, he’s always in the right place at the right time and figures speak for him”. One question about Chiellini too: “He’s a talented young player. You have to be patient with young players, we’ve been so with him and he’s now ready. He still has a great margin of improvement, he belongs at Juventus”

Apr 26, 2004
    Ibrahimovic wins the "Guldbollen 2005"
    Ibrahimovic has won the "Guldbollen 2005", the most prestigious acknowledgement from the Swedish Football Federation at its 60th edition. He received the award as "Best Swedish Footballer of the year" yesterday in Stockholm during the Swedish Football Gala. Zlatan did not attend the event due to official engagements with Juventus, but he wanted to participate sending a video message which was broadcasted during the show.

The award is assigned every year by a jury composed by Sweden's coach, members of SvFF and the most prestigious Swedish journalists. The "Guldbollen" has previously gone to champions like Nordahl and Liedholm and to Barcelona forward Larsson last year.

This year, voters chose Zlatan for the following reasons: "Due to the excellent performances offered by Ibrahimovic with the Juventus jersey and that of Sweden. Zlatan, working hard, has managed to become a key player in both teams and a positive model for the youth".

This was an acknowledgement particularly appreciated by our champion who, after only one year in Serie A has become a hero for the Bianconeri supporter and the idol for every budding striker, thanks to his goals and acrobatics. Ibrahimovic was very glad to receive the award: “I’m very proud of it – he said. Now my duty is to go on this way, working very hard like I’ve done so far.”

Apr 26, 2004
    Nedved: “Now it’s only Juventus”

“Now my mind is set firmly on Juventus. At the end of the season, I’ll decide whether to take part to the World Cup or not, I’m still thinking about it.”

Nedved helped his country reach Germany 2006; the 2-0 aggregate win over Norway made him proud but after reaching the World Cup Finals Pavel now wants to focus on something else: “Qualifying was not easy; the two matches took a lot of effort as I was under a lot of pressure, both from the press and from the supporters. I’m happy I succeeded; it’s an important revenge after failing qualifications four years ago against Belgium. But I’ve already turned over a new leaf. I’m not excluding the possibility to participate to the World Cup, I’d love to go as I’ve never been to one before but I’ll decide at the end of the seson.”

Nedved’s mind is now set on Juventus and on Champions League in particular: “Champions League has been my main goal in the last five years, since I came to Turin.” Next Tuesday, Pavel will dive back into the European spirit for the match against Club Brugge but before that time it will be Roma’s turn on Saturday night at the Olimpico: “This is always a great challenge, we’re two top teams. Roma have a great coach, they’re playing well and they proved to be tough opponents this summer when we met them in the friendly match. This is a heartfelt match and don’t forget I played five years with Lazio thus this is a sort of a derby to me. It will be hard as they have strong motivations, but they will have to struggle”.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    djleli said:
    rai do not have the rights to broadcast that show anymore, its on italia uno now at 18.00 with the name of Serie A. Btw its amuch nicer program than 90 minuto that was crap sorry :)
    thanks for the Info..:tup:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Maresca said:
    Congratulations for you all for this great win.
    what a result and what a revange

shut up totti, but actionly he new they are gonna be 4..

Igor this one is for you, forza Tudor

I just wanna post this again :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)