[Serie A. 6th round] Palermo 0-1 JUVENTUS [24th September, 2016] (1 Viewer)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So subbing Morata who had the game of his life up 0-2 in Munich has nothing to do with us crashing out? I didn't say playing style was the problem, I said mindset.
Mindset isn't a problem and never has been. Otherwise we wouldn't have played in 8 CL finals already. Sure we have an appalling record there, but a lot of that is just terrible luck. Shit happens. Offside goal against Madrid, Dortmund scoring basically every single one of their chances, the mess of a game against Hamburg. Nedved getting an absurd yellow late against Madrid to miss the 03 final. We still had to have the mentality to get to the CL final. Which means it worked in semifinals and quarterfinals and so on all throughout our history.

And sure subbing out Morata had something to do with it. Then again so did the ref disallowing a clearly onside goal by Morata. As did Morata and Cuadrado screwing up easy chances after we were up 2-0. As did Evra trying to dribble the ball in our own box with 1 minute left rather than hoofing it. As did Bayern being an excellent team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
So a club can't evolve? That exact excuse you're using right there is why this club hasn't won the Champions League for 20 years. We made it to the CL final meeting a team playing modern football in 2015. We have to evolve and I think we have the squad to evolve. We don't have to be Bayern or Barca but that mindset you described is why we fail in crucial moments in Europe.
Wat?

That's just nonsense. We lost in 2003 because our best player was suspended for the final.

Inter in 2010 and Chelsea in 2012 both won CL playing extremely negative football. Far more so than Juve has for the past 5 years. Atletico Madrid plays some of the most effective anti-football seen post-2000 and has played in 2 of the last 3 CL finals. They beat (and outplayed) uber-modern Barca twice. We beat Real Madrid two years ago, the team that has won 2 of the last 3 CLs. And then lost to Barca.

Our playstyle isn't why we haven't won the CL in 20 years. Calciopoli almost destroying the club is the reason. It's quite obvious we were one of the strongest teams in the world in 2005-06, even if we underachieved that year in CL. It's also quite obvious that we would have figured things out eventually with the squad we had + the finances we had at that time, and won a CL title. Calciopoli happened and we've basically been clawing our way back towards the top, one inch at a time ever since.

A team could easily win the CL playing Catenaccio today. It has very little to do with style, and much more so to do with luck and peaking at the right time, certain players performing at their best in those last games.
So subbing Morata who had the game of his life up 0-2 in Munich has nothing to do with us crashing out? I didn't say playing style was the problem, I said mindset.
'avoiding the issue'-fallacy :lol:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Where's this obsession with attacking football / domination / beating lesser opponents with unnecessarily high score lines coming from anyway?

I'm watching Juve matches since the late 90s and never was our play style vastly different from today. How did these people even become fans when they're so disgusted by the playing it safe and never do more than needed playstyle?
Because the result said itself pretty detailed and repeated? I already mentioned it on my long post, sevilla benfica fulham galatasaray moenchengladbach noejasland whatever as well as several games on serie a, again and over again

There are recurring themes in those games in which this supposedly top team managed to look like very mediocre and being outplayed by lesser teams or failing to beat them on convincing matter like what a top team supposed to do

Tell me honestly how many times other top clubs experienced such hard times against those lesser teams as opposed to us? I'm pretty sure it's far fewer than us, shouldn't we wonder why?

Losing once or twice due to miraculous events and the unpredictable nature of football is one acceptable thing, repeatedly suffering against lesser teams in such embarrassing ways is entirely different and a serious cause for concern.

And stop using tradition or history as an excuse, football has changed, maybe and I think it is, time for us to change for the better in this age, because that old style of us is getting us nowhere outside italy.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Mindset isn't a problem and never has been. Otherwise we wouldn't have played in 8 CL finals already. Sure we have an appalling record there, but a lot of that is just terrible luck. $#@! happens. Offside goal against Madrid, Dortmund scoring basically every single one of their chances, the mess of a game against Hamburg. Nedved getting an absurd yellow late against Madrid to miss the 03 final. We still had to have the mentality to get to the CL final. Which means it worked in semifinals and quarterfinals and so on all throughout our history.

And sure subbing out Morata had something to do with it. Then again so did the ref disallowing a clearly onside goal by Morata. As did Morata and Cuadrado screwing up easy chances after we were up 2-0. As did Evra trying to dribble the ball in our own box with 1 minute left rather than hoofing it. As did Bayern being an excellent team.
As Charles Barkley says,

They fool you once shame on you, they fool you 5 times that just makes you a damn idiot.

In other words keep blaming "unluck" and have the same mindset, and we're going to wait another 20 years for the CL. Barca and Real in Spain, United in England, Bayern in Germany. They've all won it multiple times since we won it. Juventus is the only big gun who haven't and to blame it strictly on being unlucky is such a cheap excuse. The mindset is wrong.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Where's this obsession with attacking football / domination / beating lesser opponents with unnecessarily high score lines coming from anyway?

I'm watching Juve matches since the late 90s and never was our play style vastly different from today. How did these people even become fans when they're so disgusted by the playing it safe and never do more than needed playstyle?
beats me, but they sure are vocal about how much they hate Juventus and are disgusted by our playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

You invest 90 mil in attack and 30 in midfield alongside Dybala, Pjaca and Cuadrado and you end up watching Juve defend 1:0 owngoal lead against Palermo who sold their best players and werent that good even with them over couple of past years.
Basically 1/3rd of Juve's games for decades now

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Bonucci said we had to improve, he doesn't know the fuck he's talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

We're witnessing Juventus playstyle here. Because playing well is forbidden.

We have to give as much room the opponent needs to get back in the game to make it fair.

High scores can get fucked (and now I'm serious), what matters is playing up to Juventus standards. If it's 1-0, 2-1, or 2-0 perfect.

More performances like yesterday and we'll be paying for it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Bonucci said we had to improve, he doesn't know the fuck he's talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

We're witnessing Juventus playstyle here. Because playing well is forbidden

High scores can get fucked seriously tho, what matters is playing up to Juventus standards. If it's 1-0, 2-1, or 2-0 perfect.

More performances like yesterday and we'll be paying for it.
So how are you doing in FIFA 17 ?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
As Charles Barkley says,

They fool you once shame on you, they fool you 5 times that just makes you a damn idiot.

In other words keep blaming "unluck" and have the same mindset, and we're going to wait another 20 years for the CL. Barca and Real in Spain, United in England, Bayern in Germany. They've all won it multiple times since we won it. Juventus is the only big gun who haven't and to blame it strictly on being unlucky is such a cheap excuse. The mindset is wrong.
Yeah. Let's quote a complete loser and mental midget like Charles Barkley who never won an NBA title. Good job making a point there.

Barca, Real, Bayern, United... What do these clubs have in common. Oh, I know. They didn't get relgeated in 2006 by Calciopoli, have a dominant team that was getting better and better gutted, their finances destroyed, their reputation tarnished, etc.

We've spent 10 years getting back to near the financial strength and transfer market capabilities we had pre-calciopoli. The fact you are comparing our last 2 decades to those teams, and saying the difference is mindset is truly laughable. And completely pathetic.

And then you have the nerve to go whine in the Allegri thread to the mods about nonsense being treated like nonsense. :lol:

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
It's not about playing attacking football anymore, it's about us not being able to connect three passes and giving away possession like it doesn't matter. I don't expect us to score 5 goals every game but it'd be nice to win with a good performance.

Those panicking about our football are overreacting and those saying everything is OK are blind. We clearly have an issue that needs to be worked on but the season is still young and we haven't seen the best possible squad yet.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with defensive football. In fact I'm all for it. That's why I fell in love with the Italian style in the first place. I love watching us cunningly score one goal (and for sure with damn great striker we have right now, we can do that) and then close shop, sit back and defend our lead like a boss; Invite the opponent to a challenge, to try to score against our organized, efficient, effective game plan.
But there's a difference between doing that and playing God-awful, lethargic, puke-worthy something you can't even call football. And that's what we did last night. We bent over and asked the mighty Palermo to fvck us over. In the last 20 minutes they had some very dangerous chances and came inches away from equalizing.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Ugly win, but still a win. So many technical errors though, we looked completely out of focus, just like against Inter. It was obvious from the get-go that we'd lack creativity up front without Dybala, but I expected more from the midfield. Cuadrado came on and didn't offer anything imo, looked really rusty. Khedira had a really quiet game too. It rained like a bitch though, remember our away game against Lecce or Messina back in 2005 or something? We could barely move the ball around cause of the puddles, wet pitches make it difficult to pass around. Not an excuse I know, but honestly I'd rather win like this than have a shit ton of chances and get 1 point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)