[Serie A, 36th round] Roma 3-1 JUVENTUS [14th May, 2017] (3 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The issue is that we're not rolling the dice.
Yes and no.

As I view football, in any matchup there's some possibility of every result happening. There are just too many close to random variables in play. One team can have a bad day, the other a great one, the ref can fuck things up royally, bad luck when it comes to finishing, a key player getting injured early on, a defender slipping at the wrong time...everything can happen in one single game.

Now over the course of a season, theses things tend to either even out. And if they don't, there's probably some structural problem, such as the players simply being shitty finishers or having error-prone defenders.

But we've only got two games left, with no title secured. I'm not panicking by any means, but I am a tiny bit worried. Mostly because even if I think the probability of us losing the Scudetto is rather small, the prospect of it is frankly terrifying, as it would be the most disgusting Juve collapse I've ever seen and hurt a whole goddamn lot.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
But we've only got two games left, with no title secured. I'm not panicking by any means, but I am a tiny bit worried. Mostly because even if I think the probability of us losing the Scudetto is rather small, the prospect of it is frankly terrifying, as it would be the most disgusting Juve collapse I've ever seen and hurt a whole goddamn lot.
As fans I think we've been spoilt to always have this false sense of security that scudetto is in the bag (but 5 in a row, who would blame us) so yeah it would be a massive choke if we did lose it.

You're right until the game isnt over you, never say never. As fans its easier to take the casual approach but try looking at it from a manager's perspective when his screaming at his players to dont do anything stupid. With all being said, of course we should, can and must win this but it remains a should till its certain.

Current Odds from bet365: Juve win 2/11, Draw 6/1 Crotone Win 12/1

6/1 isnt that bad if you ask me.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The biggest problem that we are facing right now as I see it is that we no longer are taking it one game at a time but we are looking at the bigger perpective of things and how the three titles are still hanging and the decision of which is being delayed up until the very last moment.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The biggest problem that we are facing right now as I see it is that we no longer are taking it one game at a time but we are looking at the bigger perpective of things and how the three titles are still hanging and the decision of which is being delayed up until the very last moment.
I'd say that was true of recent weeks but now it's at the stage where it has to be played one game at a time - Lazio, Crotone then Real Madrid. Three wins for three prizes. We obviously have a fall back with the Bologna game but I'd imagine no one wants to go there needing a win for the scudetto, that would be insanely stupid to put that much pressure on ourselves.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd say that was true of recent weeks but now it's at the stage where it has to be played one game at a time - Lazio, Crotone then Real Madrid. Three wins for three prizes. We obviously have a fall back with the Bologna game but I'd imagine no one wants to go there needing a win for the scudetto, that would be insanely stupid to put that much pressure on ourselves.
In recent weeks it was one game at a time where the CL game was getting more focus than the others. We have obviously failed in two of these matches against Atalanta and Torino. We went to Roma thinking about those three matches that you mentioned as well as hoping for a draw.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Well if we can't finish it off vs Crotone, then we don't deserve to win the scudetto.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly, its perfectly acceptable to lose, if we gave it our all, even in their absence. We came to play for a draw, and even went a goal up. The team may or may not have been good enough to get the intended result, but the attitude on the pitch didn't reflect like we were there to tie up the title. We played like we had already won the title, and that is where criticism is due, if at all.
I played basketball for a while, and in my first year i was a bench player. Our coach had 2 teams, team A and team B. When a player from team B was called up he was great. When the coach plays all team B we played like crap and we played in unimportant games. I know they're proffessionals and all but it sucks to be in the team B, more than half of players were team B. Allegri though has been rotating players just okay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)