[Serie A, 26th round] Bologna 0-0 Juventus [19th February, 2016] (6 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Typical pre-CL performance
Nothing at all surprising about this. Which would be ok if Napoli didn't seem to win every other game. It puts a lot of pressure on the players for both competitions.

Also the worst ref I've seen in a long time. Simply incompetent, got calls wrong all across the pitch, didn't even interpret the laws of the game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Bologna played their game well and we didn't stretch them enough or have enough creative players to open them up.

Disappointing result but can't win them all. A long way to go in the season.

Barzagli superb again.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Nothing at all surprising about this. Which would be ok if Napoli didn't seem to win every other game. It puts a lot of pressure on the players for both competitions.

Also the worst ref I've seen in a long time. Simply incompetent, got calls wrong all across the pitch, didn't even interpret the laws of the game.
These refs seem to getting worse every week. They let other teams foul the shit out of us, and are too scared to make decisions in our favour for fear of being branded "pro Juve". We see it almost every week.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Remember, we have won 15 in a row then drawn away from home. It was going to happen. Napoli still have Roma, Fiorentina and Inter away from home. Add Udinese and Torino as well. If they win them all, they deserve it, but there is a long way to go yet.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is the sort of game where you would usually go to a 3-5-2 and get Alex Sandro and Mandzukic in there with Lichtsteiner. A real reference up front, a crossing threat from the wing. But Allegri didn't have those choices and probably felt obliged to move to the back four because of these injuries, as Zaza and Morata work better in a two with support from midfield, with Dybala's link play missing. Pereyra also was in and out of the game, same story.

Bologna deserve credit because they didn't give us nothing. It was no tactical masterclass, they got people behind the ball and tried to break early. It's bog standard Serie A stuff but a coach getting a group of players to buy into a philosophy like that is the main battle, Donadoni seems to have them playing for him.

I'm sure they'll try just as hard in all their other games though...but that's a unique challenge we face.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
These refs seem to getting worse every week. They let other teams foul the $#@! out of us, and are too scared to make decisions in our favour for fear of being branded "pro Juve". We see it almost every week.
The refs have been awful in recent weeks apart from Orsato last week who handled a difficult game well.

The linesmen in particular were poor today for both teams.

Jan 5, 2011
Disappointing result but I don't care much. Napoli is already broken. And without Mandzukic, Dybala, Khedira no wonder we can't score. Its a shame our forum favorite player M can not step up and help us win, has he ever this season?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Remember, we have won 15 in a row then drawn away from home. It was going to happen. Napoli still have Roma, Fiorentina and Inter away from home. Add Udinese and Torino as well. If they win them all, they deserve it, but there is a long way to go yet.
Hopefully we keep up the pace too.

We have Inter next week. Sure we are favourites and we hopefully destroy them, but they'll probably park the bus like Bologna and it could be another frustrating night.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
These refs seem to getting worse every week. They let other teams foul the shit out of us, and are too scared to make decisions in our favour for fear of being branded "pro Juve". We see it almost every week.
There were also several dodgy offside calls. Obviously calling someone offside with a defender stood on the line is amateur level stuff, especially with 5th officials there, but luckily they weren't directly dangerous calls. The game didn't have much chance for that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We slowed down for some weeks now. We played Genoa, Frosinone, Napoli and now Bologna at very slow tempo, with no pressing and enough running.
I think this was calculated after all the energy we lost trying to climb up the table. If we continued that way, Allegri would have burned our players by late March and that's why I think this slowing down was calculated.
This being said, Lichtsteiner is done as a fullback. Perhaps he can become a CB, the way Thuram did when he was Licht's age, but as a fullback he's almost useless for a year or so.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Hopefully we keep up the pace too.

We have Inter next week. Sure we are favourites and we hopefully destroy them, but they'll probably park the bus like Bologna and it could be another frustrating night.
Definitely. It's on us as well. This will be a title race that is probably decided in the final few games.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That feeling when 19 yo Diawara owns your entire midfield. Terrible game overall, not a single shot on target iirc. But it had to come at one point game like this, especially since we rested few important players, Kheira most notably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)