[Serie A, 21st round] JUVENTUS 2-0 Lazio [22nd January, 2017] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Asamoah

• Khedira

• Pjanic

• Dybala

• Higuain

• Mandzukic

• Cuadrado

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
So we unveiled a new formation just like the logo this week. Starting off awesome and then we'll... meh. I lost count the amount of balls we lost. As expected we won and I guess for now that's all that matters.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Me too. I was super impressed with Pjanic, considering it's not a role I would have really expected him to shine in. He was even calm and collected on the ball in the moments Lazio did press him. Very effective performance.
5 tackles and 5 interceptions too. Certainly wasn't defensively bad today.

- - - Updated - - -

So we unveiled a new formation just like the logo this week. Starting off awesome and then we'll... meh. I lost count the amount of balls we lost. As expected we won and I guess for now that's all that matters.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Yeah some wayward passes but we had the game under control for the whole game, they barely threatened us.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
With this formation we don't need Chiellini to start attacks so I would play Rugani and tell him to make the easy pass. I also think Alves would look more comfortable with this formation.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Good game, only criticisms would be that we gave the ball away cheaply at times and probably should have scored more.

We played some really nice football and delighted to get a clean sheet. I was worried when I saw the line-up but just shows that you don't always need defensive players to keep a clean sheet. Having technical guys like Pjanic, Cuadrado and Dybala can keep the ball better when under pressure and that helps the defense.

Not really a normal 4-2-3-1 but a 4-4-1-1 when we didn't have the ball.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
a true show of modern football, just like our new logo.

Who would have thought that in the footballing world, a target man like Mandzukic will play on the left wing, tracking back, and winning man of the match.
The only bad part of today's game is Asamoah. Doing the standard C.Ronaldo chop with his left foot and then ending up having to pass the ball backwards because he cant use his right foot to save his life.

And Pjaca looks like a true modern footballer as well. Tall, Strong, and fast. Croation C.Ronaldo

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Let's not get carried away here...

Lazio was utterly sterile most of the match. Let's see how we deal with someone who hits back and try to pressure us on our half.

I think today's result has more to do with determination than different formation.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
With this formation we don't need Chiellini to start attacks so I would play Rugani and tell him to make the easy pass. I also think Alves would look more comfortable with this formation.
Lichtsteiner always looks the odd man out in any kind of fluid approach, his lack of technique is too evident.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Let's not get carried away here...

Lazio was utterly sterile most of the match. Let's see how we deal with someone who hits back and try to pressure us on our half.

I think today's result has more to do with determination than different formation.
I disagree tbh. We managed to put them off quickly and they couldn't get their shit together. Obviously determination plays a key role here but it's so much better to have Cuadrado - Dybala - Mandzukic/Pjaca doing all the attacking work than slow-ass-Khedira and impotent Sturaro. We managed to keep Lazio at bay because even if we slowed down they knew they could get punished on a counter. Oh boy, we had the players to do it today, didn't we? That's a huge difference between today's game and the last one in Firenze. The rats managed to cut off Higuain and Dybala and they basically sat on our half for an hour. Lazio's impotence comes from fear, not inability tbh. They have been very good this season, unlike Fiorentina who have ups and downs all the time.

Let's see how this works out against Milan, this is a better test, that's for sure. We also have a lot of room for improvements in this new shape, both as a team and individuals (Dybala can do better and Pjaca should be very useful now too). We lacked Marchisio, Alex Sandro and Dani Alves as well today, so I really can't wait to see them back :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
a true show of modern football, just like our new logo.

Who would have thought that in the footballing world, a target man like Mandzukic will play on the left wing, tracking back, and winning man of the match.
Anyone who seen him in Bayern?

Except was right wing.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Pjanic was MOM with Mandzu, Cuadrado was not great, good in spurts but frustrating in general.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Agreed but Cuadrado is useful in this setup because he's heavily involved in defending, provides width on the right side and he's good at moving the game from one box to another. Useful on counters as well.

Frustrating in terms of productivity but IMO he's born to play RM in 442/4231 so he'll come handy. He had a good start and then faded off for no particular reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)