Serie A 2023-24 (68 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
A victim mentality does not suit Juve fans. Man up, don't be a pussy like your Inter conspiracy theorists counterparts. We're doing excellent with a pretty poor team and the refs on our matches have been pretty fair this year. Only a dumb conspiracy theorist will say that we've been institutionally robbed this season.
Last year we had reasons to complain. This year we don't.
The ref decisions I can understand. Refereeing standards in all leagues are sub par. Especially when every decision can be reviewed with replays. Yellow cards, refs not seeing deflections etc are mostly just them being incompetent.
However, it's the VAR decisions that are inconsistent and infuriating. Lautaro got a PK for having a hand on his shoulder a few weeks ago, but the push on Dusan yesterday was not deemed a foul. Kean's goal being ruled out for a foul while Bastoni's elbow is not. If you are going to zoom in and freeze frame on contact for a PK, then that is the standard for all fouls in the box. However, most often than not, teams that are not Inter this season does not get the decision their way.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The ref decisions I can understand. Refereeing standards in all leagues are sub par. Especially when every decision can be reviewed with replays. Yellow cards, refs not seeing deflections etc are mostly just them being incompetent.
However, it's the VAR decisions that are inconsistent and infuriating. Lautaro got a PK for having a hand on his shoulder a few weeks ago, but the push on Dusan yesterday was not deemed a foul. Kean's goal being ruled out for a foul while Bastoni's elbow is not. If you are going to zoom in and freeze frame on contact for a PK, then that is the standard for all fouls in the box. However, most often than not, teams that are not Inter this season does not get the decision their way.
We also saved a point against Bologna when they were not given a penalty at 0:1 for an Iling foul. Like I said, on our matches it's pretty fair so far.
Inter, from the matches I saw, did indeed get more big calls than calls against them, but once again nothing that screams "robbery", at least not yet. Like somebody else said, the same refs who didn't whistle that foul by Bastoni gave a penalty to Verona 2 minutes later.

And what is happening actually? Are Inter successfully fixing the league in order to win it, which makes all the other 19 teams victims of the all powerful Inter? (why this year, though? Why didn't they fix it last year, or the year before? When did they become all powerful?) Are Inter being favored only because they are Juve's main rivals and the main goal is to prevent Juve from winning the scudetto? Is serie A conspiring against Juve? Lazio would have been favored just as much if they were the ones fighting for the scudetto against us? Why aren't the refs murdering us with red cards and penalties?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We also saved a point against Bologna when they were not given a penalty at 0:1 for an Iling foul. Like I said, on our matches it's pretty fair so far.
Inter, from the matches I saw, did indeed get more big calls than calls against them, but once again nothing that screams "robbery", at least not yet. Like somebody else said, the same refs who didn't whistle that foul by Bastoni gave a penalty to Verona 2 minutes later.

And what is happening actually? Are Inter successfully fixing the league in order to win it, which makes all the other 19 teams victims of the all powerful Inter? (why this year, though? Why didn't they fix it last year, or the year before? When did they become all powerful?) Are Inter being favored only because they are Juve's main rivals and the main goal is to prevent Juve from winning the scudetto? Is serie A conspiring against Juve? Lazio would have been favored just as much if they were the ones fighting for the scudetto against us? Why aren't the refs murdering us with red cards and penalties?
I see it as less pro-inter and just anti-Juventus when it comes to Italy though. There does seem to be a double standard against us and refs (due to the insane fan reactions, clubs presidents going bonkers et ) are much more reluctant to give decisions in our favour.

for example the Yildiz non-penalty from last night. I have no doubts that penalty is awarded if it were Inter (or even Milan or Napoli) in the same scenario. But woe behold any ref that gives Juve a “favour” 1 minute into an away game in a title race. Too much pressure and too much frenzy from a country that despises its most successful club.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I see it as less pro-inter and just anti-Juventus when it comes to Italy though. There does seem to be a double standard against us and refs (due to the insane fan reactions, clubs presidents going bonkers et ) are much more reluctant to give decisions in our favour.

for example the Yildiz non-penalty from last night. I have no doubts that penalty is awarded if it were Inter (or even Milan or Napoli) in the same scenario. But woe behold any ref that gives Juve a “favour” 1 minute into an away game in a title race. Too much pressure and too much frenzy from a country that despises its most successful club.
This is the biggest issue

We will not really get 50 50 decisions purely out of fear of the furor from the media.

Apr 17, 2013
I'm proud of this table. We are tough no-nonsense motherfuckers. We foul a lot, we fight like men. But we are also showing enough intelligence not to push it over the limit. Hence why we have no red cards and penalties against us yet.

That's one way of looking at this table.

The other way is @s4tch 's:
1704805643137.png
Actually not really, we are the 9th team which concedes the most fouls, 12.6 fouls per match, only 1 more on average than Inter. Yet we have twice as many yellow cards, and of course the team most penalized.

https://www.footmercato.net/italie/serie-a/statistique-equipe/fautes-commises
Capture d'écran 2024-01-09 142302.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 46)