Serie A 2022-23 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
We played 6 matches against the bottom half. Inter 4 (and won all 4 of them). They lost away games against the current nr 3, 4, 5 and at home against nr 6.

We aren't that much better, we just draw a lot

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
udinese are something else so far. they attack like crazy, have pretty good stamina and mental strength too. their lack of depth is expected to show in the long run, still, kudos to them, impressive start to the season, they look much more than just the sum of their players

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I can't believe we haven't managed to sign Sergej after so many years. What a letdown. He'd be such a huge upgrade here. I can't believe he got stuck in Rome for such a long period. Although Lazio does manage that sometimes. If we don't end up signing him next year we're goddamn morons

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
udinese are something else so far. they attack like crazy, have pretty good stamina and mental strength too. their lack of depth is expected to show in the long run, still, kudos to them, impressive start to the season, they look much more than just the sum of their players
Is their manager German?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
italian professional journalism for ya:

"immobile is the italian haaland, but haaland doesn't get screwed by var":rofl:(btw he's an interista)

being a calcio journalist must be the easiest, laziest job ever.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Another knee injury at the Olimpico (Celik). And no one even mentions this issue!
olimpico has a terrible rep, there were even articles about it when chiesa and zaniolo tore their tendons during the same match. i remember some news outlet listed like ~15 knee injuries in that stadium, it's a mess. fortunately we only play there twice a year usually

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I'm curious if this is temporary or Sottil can have Gasperini type effect and keep them up there consistently. But Udinese lack a Papu Gomez and an Ilicic.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm curious if this is temporary or Sottil can have Gasperini type effect and keep them up there consistently. But Udinese lack a Papu Gomez and an Ilicic.
agreed, they lack some depth for a similar surprise top4 finish that atalanta were capable of. their papu is deulofeu lol

serie a had plenty of smaller teams starting some seasons strongly. i checked a few stats on transfermarkt:
- lazio started the '17/18 season with 6-1-1 and finished 6th,
- sassuolo were 2nd in '20/21 after 8 rounds and 8th by the end, or
- fiorentina lead the league after 8 rounds in '15/16 but finished 5th

the most memorable is probably chievo in '01/02 with delneri who were just promoted, were 1st after the 8th round, leading juve by 6 points at that stage, and chievo "only" finished 5th, 17 points behind juve (and juventini all remember THAT cinque maggio :touched: ). that was btw the best start by a newbie serie a team since transfermarkt has any stats, so in that sense delneri is a goat coach lol

btw udinese's current start isn't bad at all. since 2000, only the following clubs started the season with more than their current tally (19 points): atalanta (once, this season), juve (7 times), milan (3), inda (4), roma (1) and napoli (3). in previous years, none of those teams finished lower than 4th: inda with spalletti dropped to 4th in '17/18, all other teams finished in the top3. since 2000, teams starting with 19 points in 8 rounds always finished in the top5 lol

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Inter beat Sassuolo but it was a close game according to stats. Was it really that close?

- - - Updated - - -

agreed, they lack some depth for a similar surprise top4 finish that atalanta were capable of. their papu is deulofeu lol

serie a had plenty of smaller teams starting some seasons strongly. i checked a few stats on transfermarkt:
- lazio started the '17/18 season with 6-1-1 and finished 6th,
- sassuolo were 2nd in '20/21 after 8 rounds and 8th by the end, or
- fiorentina lead the league after 8 rounds in '15/16 but finished 5th

the most memorable is probably chievo in '01/02 with delneri who were just promoted, were 1st after the 8th round, leading juve by 6 points at that stage, and chievo "only" finished 5th, 17 points behind juve (and juventini all remember THAT cinque maggio :touched: ). that was btw the best start by a newbie serie a team since transfermarkt has any stats, so in that sense delneri is a goat coach lol

btw udinese's current start isn't bad at all. since 2000, only the following clubs started the season with more than their current tally (19 points): atalanta (once, this season), juve (7 times), milan (3), inda (4), roma (1) and napoli (3). in previous years, none of those teams finished lower than 4th: inda with spalletti dropped to 4th in '17/18, all other teams finished in the top3. since 2000, teams starting with 19 points in 8 rounds always finished in the top5 lol
Udinese will fall. I have no doubt about it but they can manage 7th place finish if things go their way.
They are currently playing well but depth tiredness and form will decide.
Its an impressive campaign for them even with a non eu spot IMO

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dzeko carrying inda in 2022 still
Tuz in 2019: too old

Imagine we signed him for 20M instead of Higuain for 90M. Then get a top mid for 70M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)