Serie A 2021-22 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Interesting point about teams just hunting the best xG shot scenarios instead of smashing it from outside the box. But also I think the conversion rate inside the box is influenced slightly by how hard it is to defend in the box nowadays.

Players are trying to block shots with their arms behind their back for example. Any nibble can go to VAR and become a penalty so they are super hesitant to defend.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
he's probably the best cb of the league outside of the top5 clubs. they won't notice any drop in quality when he replaces de vrij or skriniar (he also was rumored to leave this summer)
Heard an interesting opinion that it's Juric making defenders look good.
Last season Torino was leaking huge amount of goals whereas this season they're one of the best in the league.
At Hellas he made Lovato, Kumbulla and Rahmani shine and they all struggle without him.

Jun 6, 2015
Heard an interesting opinion that it's Juric making defenders look good.
Last season Torino was leaking huge amount of goals whereas this season they're one of the best in the league.
At Hellas he made Lovato, Kumbulla and Rahmani shine and they all struggle without him.
I think Juric, just like Gasperini, has his team playing man-to-man all over the pitch. Most teams at least to some extent defend zonally and that could explain why Atalanta/Verona defenders have difficult time doing as well once they move to another club.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
RIP Zamp, one of the most colourful presidents among many to grace calcio. From his off the cuff remarks to his penchant for chewing up and spitting out coaches, this guy missed out on having his own reality TV show. My favourite Zamp memory was I think during the 2015 season where he went through something like 6 managers including care takers :lol:. It included a rather hilarious comedic sequence of starting off with Beppe Iachini as the manager, firing him to hire Ballardini, firing Ballardini to rehire Iachini at some point midway through the season, only to fire Iachini a second time and rehire Ballardini towards the end of the season :lol:. Flamboyant presidents like Zamp, ADL, Ferrera et al. add to the charm and hilarity of Serie A that is hard to find in other leagues in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)