Serie A 2021-22 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Kane can be a league-legend in Engerland for all I care.

Similar to guys like DiNatale or soon Immobile (...Who can at least say he won the euros) in italy.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I think you need a heavy dose of shrooms to think Harry Kane is anywhere close to Batistuta’s level :rofl:
I think it's part of the never-ending discussion on whether football was played at a higher level and there were better players 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 years ago compared to nowadays. The logical answer is no and you can think of a couple strong arguments why the overall level of football hasn't regressed - a lot more money, more people play the sport, medical sports science, data science, blabla, the logical conclusion would be that the level of football has actually improved. I've yet to see a strong argument for the opposite, yet everyone still thinks the footie legends they grew up adoring would run circles around todays best players. Puzzling, isn't it?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think it's part of the never-ending discussion on whether football was played at a higher level and there were better players 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 years ago compared to nowadays. The logical answer is no and you can think of a couple strong arguments why the overall level of football hasn't regressed - a lot more money, more people play the sport, medical sports science, data science, blabla, the logical conclusion would be that the level of football has actually improved. I've yet to see a strong argument for the opposite, yet everyone still thinks the footie legends they grew up adoring would run circles around todays best players. Puzzling, isn't it?
Puzzling? Nah. You can’t cross eras without taking away or giving advantages. Put Kane back then and you take away all his access to the modern sport science, nutrition, training, etc. Bring Batistuta into the modern game and you give him all of that. The best players of a generation would be amongst the best of any generation. My argument had nothing to do with footballers being better then or now (although I do think at various times it could be said there was a wealth of all-time talent in certain positions, the idea is not that much of a stretch). My argument is that Kane is nowhere near the level of all-time great Batistuta was, it’s not even close. And it has nothing to do with era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)