Serie A 2020-21 (11 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
We've seen surprise instances where the top two teams drop points where they should have easily gained, as we saw with Spezia's upset against Milan this weekend and Inter's loss to Sampdoria/draw to Udinese earlier. I think no one here would have predicted those results when taking into account potential matches where they'd drop points. Though the chances are bleak for us I can continue to see them dropping points here and there, against both big and small teams. The only problem with us is that we are no better in that respect. We need consistency until the end

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Looked at the form of TOP7 teams since the restart (8 games played), table looks like this:

Juve 18 points
Atalanta 18 (but played 9 games)
Inter 17
Roma 16
Lazio 16
Milan 15
Napoli 15

If everyone finishes the season on current pace since restart, end table looks like this:

Inter 84 points
Juve 80
Milan 79
Roma 75
Napoli, Atalanta, Lazio all 72

We had the toughest stretch, facing Inter, Roma, Milan and Napoli within those games so that gives some room for optimism. However, we and Atalanta have CL and Coppa remaining, Lazio has CL, Milan, Napoli and Roma all have EL and also we have to play the extra game against Naples, while Inter has nothing distracting them and will be the most fresh. Even though we've started the year in a better form than the first half of season, I'd say Inter are the rock hard favorites over Juventus here, especially if we progress further in CL.
"We have Coppa remaining"

Not really.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
y, 82-86 is what I'd predict for Inter. not feeling very optimistic about our chances here, we dropped a hell lot of points in the first half and even though we're improving since the restart (Inter is doing a bit worse and Milan a lot worse than in 1st half), it's still not good enough.
Yap tough to think we will win every game but 2.
When teams win the Scudetto they usually win even when they are not playing well. The Napoli game is a good example to why we wont win the Scudetto this year.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
"We have Coppa remaining"

Not really.
We have the final with Atalanta scheduled on May 19th - 3 days after Serie A clash with Inter and 4 days before the next Serie A game with Bologna. Sure would be nice to win the Coppa, but there's the risk of losing focus and fatigue we have that Inter won't in those rounds. It's a small thing, but these things add up if the race is as close as this year.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We have the final with Atalanta scheduled on May 19th - 3 days after Serie A clash with Inter and 4 days before the next Serie A game with Bologna. Sure would be nice to win the Coppa, but there's the risk of losing focus and fatigue we have that Inter won't in those rounds. It's a small thing, but these things add up if the race is as close as this year.
Yeah but trust me Inter would happily have our problems (Coppa final and CL).

I'd argue that crushing out left and right causes even more fatigue.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yeah but trust me Inter would happily have our problems (Coppa final and CL).

I'd argue that crushing out left and right causes even more fatigue.
Sure, I agree that it's positive we're in all comps, but that doesn't take away from the fact that (especially in a season as tightly scheduled as this one) Inter will feel less fatigue and will be fully focused on domestic front

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the problems that plague our team are same problems that inter can get.

inter is one lukaku injury/covid result away from dropping lots of points.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
the problems that plague our team are same problems that inter can get.

inter is one lukaku injury/covid result away from dropping lots of points.
What?

Neither squad is one injury away from being destabilized. Two strongest and deepest squads in the league by a mile.

You don't know what you are talking about

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
lukaku is their target man and main threat. almost all their attacking play goes through him.

+ he is their top scorer. + he actually almost always shows up for the small matches played unlike our strikers

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We might get 2 extra points, immobile should've been in isolation when we played them. You watch they will just get a fine and lose 3 points
that would be straight out scandalous. remember the roma verona game? roma made an administrational mistake on diawara and lost the match 3-0. if immobile was wrongfully played and nazio is punished then we should get the 3 points automatically, no two ways about it

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
that would be straight out scandalous. remember the roma verona game? roma made an administrational mistake on diawara and lost the match 3-0. if immobile was wrongfully played and nazio is punished then we should get the 3 points automatically, no two ways about it
True but it's easier to give points to Verona than Juve. We should expect it to be political thing, so we won't get anything out of it IMO.

It would be perfect but in reality we have only ourselves to blame. We should have won that game regardless.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Lazio might get penalized against Juve and Torino due to fake Covid tests. It is said to be ordered by Lolito.
a Possible outcome would be Juve getting 2 more points (as we drew against them) and Torino getting 3 points (they lost against them).

Sounds like something that will be overturned after some appeals..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Lazio might get penalized against Juve and Torino due to fake Covid tests. It is said to be ordered by Lolito.
a Possible outcome would be Juve getting 2 more points (as we drew against them) and Torino getting 3 points (they lost against them).

Sounds like something that will be overturned after some appeals..
More like the figc will overturn the draw and award lazio the 3-0. Seriously I expect nothing positive out of this. They fucked it up with the crapoli appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)