Serie A 2019/20 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Imo there is no way the season will not be cancelled. The situation is deteriorating by the day over there, and with government-enforced lockdowns occurring in the regions of Lombardia, Veneto, Emilia Romagna (where most of the teams are located) - something will have to give soon

Just end the season now, award us the title, sack Sarri, and we hopefully start fresh in the 20/21 season.

Lombardia (Wuhan FC, Milan, Brescia, Atalanta)

Veneto (Hellas Verona)

Piemonte (Juventus, Torino)

Emilia-Romagna (Bologna, Parma, SPAL, Sassuolo)

Literally more than half of the teams in this league are located in areas in a potential lockdown zone. Dire situation.

Last edited:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
who will go into CL if the season is cancelled? last season results?
If we will not win vs Inda they will say the standings after 26 maatchday are the final ones and Lazio gets the scudetto. If we win they'll find a way to declare 23 round were the last 'proper' one and Inda gets the scudetto. :baus:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
They should suspend this season. Then next season we start early August and play midweek games to compensate fixtures. And no winter break. So we get to win two scudetti in one season. Also we get to see Juve every 3-4 days. But if we have good season it would be great. If we have a bad season then it will be way too long.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Imo there is no way the season will not be cancelled. The situation is deteriorating by the day over there, and with government-enforced lockdowns occurring in the regions of Lombardia, Veneto, Emilia Romagna (where most of the teams are located) - something will have to give soon

Just end the season now, award us the title, sack Sarri, and we hopefully start fresh in the 20/21 season.

Veneto (Hellas Verona)

Literally more than half of the teams in this league are located in areas in a potential lockdown zone. Dire situation.
Yeh, to me is pretty clear that in a maximum of a month, serie A will be canceled

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If we will not win vs Inda they will say the standings after 26 maatchday are the final ones and Lazio gets the scudetto. If we win they'll find a way to declare 23 round were the last 'proper' one and Inda gets the scudetto. :baus:
If we don’t win against Inter we don’t deserve the scudetto. Lazio has beaten us both in the League and Supercoppa and has a +37 goal differential to our +24 right now. If season is cancelled they deserve it.

Inter can suck a bag of dicks regardless.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Se saltelli, muore Balotelli di Coronavirus :shifty:

Balotelli calls for stop to football
By Football Italia staff
balotelli-1911-down-epa_1.jpg
EPA.png

Mario Balotelli agrees with the Players’ Association that football should stop in Italy until the Coronavirus is under control. “Money isn’t worth our health, we have to wake up.”
The situation is spiralling out of control, particularly in the Lombardy region, where by far the majority of the over 5,000 cases are based.
There have now been 233 deaths in Italy from the highly-contagious illness, an increase of 36 from Friday, and another 567 in intensive care.
Balotelli posted the message from President of the AIC Damiano Tommasi, which was calling for football to halt during this unprecedented crisis.
“I agree with you 100%,” wrote the Brescia striker. “Money isn’t worth our health, we have to wake up. Don’t write rubbish to me like: But you are protected! What difference does it make if you play or not? Nothing happens to you behind closed doors! Don’t take away the only fun that people have at the weekend in the red zones!
“I LOVE FOOTBALL MORE THAN YOU… but playing means travelling by bus, train, aeroplane, sleeping in a hotel, in any case entering into contact with other people outside of your working environment…
“I already don’t get to see my children because of this damned Coronavirus, because as you know they do not live in Lombardy, so it’s already infuriating and sad.
“I certainly don’t want my mother, who I see and eat with almost every day, to catch anything from me. She is not the same age as me and as much as I love football (which I owe everything to), I won’t risk her getting ill!
“Why would I? To entertain someone else? Or to stop them losing money? Don’t be ridiculous! GET OVER YOURSELVES, WE’VE HAD ENOUGH NOW. Guys, you can’t joke around with health.”

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Veneto (Hellas Verona)

According to Football Italia, it's likely hat the squads and staff will be considered exceptions.

However:

Head of Italy players' union calls for soccer to stop

ROME (Reuters) - The President of Italy’s players’ union (AIC) has called for soccer to be stopped in the country amid reports that the entire region of Lombardy will be locked down as part of efforts to tackle the coronavirus outbreak.

The Italian government has ordered all sporting competitions to be played behind closed doors until April 3 in a bid to control the spread of the disease, which has killed around 200 people in the country.

And tough new measures are expected to be approved on Saturday that will tell people not to enter or leave Lombardy, home to around 10 million people, as well as 11 provinces in four other regions.

Damiano Tommasi, head of the players’ union, responded to the news on Twitter by posting a link to the story and issuing a plea to stop games from going ahead.

He wrote: “Let’s stop the league!! Do we need anything else? Stop football!!”

Tommasi also issued a statement on the AIC website earlier in the day outlining his concerns for players’ welfare.

“There is a risk for players and we must take all precautions for the security of those who play: on the pitch you certainly can’t stay at a distance of one meter away.

“But every measure must be taken to guarantee the safety of everyone at the stadium, including staff and personnel, to reduce the risks.

“There are those among the players who are happy to continue, others who express their concerns.

“There are many foreign players too and it’s obvious their families will be worried watching what’s happening in Italy.”

Earlier on Saturday, President of the Italian Football Federation Gabriele Gravina refused to rule out the suspension of Serie A if a player tests positive for the coronavirus.

“We have to be realistic, the real risk exists and, in those circumstances, we would take all necessary measures to guarantee the protection of our athletes, and then consider what impact it could have on sporting competition,” Gravina told Rai.

When asked if the league could be suspended altogether, he said: “We can’t rule anything out, but neither should we come up with hypotheses that we can’t predict.”

Serie A fixtures will resume in empty stadiums this weekend after several games were suspended over the last two rounds.

Six fixtures postponed last weekend will be played on Sunday and Monday behind closed doors, including a top-of-the-table clash between Juventus and Inter Milan in Turin.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-union-calls-for-soccer-to-stop-idUSKBN20U0YS

- - - Updated - - -

The owner of Novara (in Serie C) has tested positive for coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)