Serie A 2019/20 (57 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
Sadly because of the penalty miss I wasn't right about Atalanta winning. But atleast they got the draw and made inter drop points. Now let's return the favor by beating Roma and allowing Atalanta back into the CL places.

- - - Updated - - -

Atalanta are just a great side, top 4 staple for the next decade (hopefully).

And though ofc I hope this run goes for infinite more years. If I had to pick a team to become champions other than us I would pick Atalanta any day of the week.

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
On another note, is Handanovic the greatest penalty saving keeper of all time? I remember there being hype about him in this regard a few years back. The penalty he saved vs Atalanta was a great shot.

- - - Updated - - -

According to this video he had 20 Serie A penalty saves in 2014, the record was 24....He's definitely broken this record by now and would thus be well ahead of the records in La Liga and the PL.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
On another note, is Handanovic the greatest penalty saving keeper of all time? I remember there being hype about him in this regard a few years back. The penalty he saved vs Atalanta was a great shot.

- - - Updated - - -

According to this video he had 20 Serie A penalty saves in 2014, the record was 24....He's definitely broken this record by now and would thus be well ahead of the records in La Liga and the PL.
https://www.football-italia.net/148606/handanovic-draw-right-result

According to the above this one was his 24th save of 79 faced in Serie A. And 39th save of 107 faced in all competitions.

Apparently Diego Alves stopped 24 of 50 (24 were scored, 1 missed the net, 1 hit the woodwork) penalties he faced while in La Liga which is insane.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...es-leaves-valencia-for-flamengo-idUKKBN1A10RU

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I watched both matches. Inter were totally dominated in the second half, their wing backs were pinned back and the midfield were chasing shadows. Lukaku did well alone but he had zero support. It was a CL team against an EL team.

Napoli played an excellent match. Their midfield three are great and driving forward and they spread the play onto the wings. That forces the wing backs to stay back meaning the Lazio midfield struggle to control the game. It was such a shame they made such a fatal error.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Feels like it, he's great at penalties. I just knew Muriel would miss.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Napoli played an excellent match. Their midfield three are great and driving forward and they spread the play onto the wings. That forces the wing backs to stay back meaning the Lazio midfield struggle to control the game. It was such a shame they made such a fatal error.
In all three matches against the top 3 teams in serie A, Napoli lost due to fatal errors. Against us Koulibaly scored a comical owngoal in the last minute. Against Lazio it was their keeper with a laughable decision to dribble and against Inter all three goals they conceded were stupid and unforced errors.

- - - Updated - - -

I checked the schedule for the second part of the season.
We play Inter, Lazio, Atalanta and Roma at home. Only against the (for now) off-form Napoli we play away and we're facing them in two rounds from now, so hopefully their awful form will continue until then.
Inter play Napoli at home, but they will face all of Lazio, Juve, Roma and Atalanta away.

If we beat Roma tonight, we'll be leading the table despite having a much tougher schedule than Inter in the winter part of the season. Having a bigger bench is also an advantage for us. Inter have no-CL as an advantage, and it's a big one, but not having bench alternatives and having a harder schedule than Juve should be enough for us to win this scudetto too.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We had similar competition two seasons ago. Napoli were on top of the table after 19 rounds, with 48 pts (2 more than Inter have right now in 19 rounds). People were going just as crazy, or almost as crazy, because this time we're facing a traditional and more hated rival.

I like Atalanta. They are such a crazy team, you could never guess what will happen. I hope they will make CL as interesting and crazy as last year's CL.
Good point: cutting our historic run in favor of Conte's Inter would be tragic to say the least.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
comparing a midfield of Pirlo-Vidal-Marchisio with a super defense of Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonucci-licht-Asamoah -- BUFFON and attack of vucinic-quag-del piero-matri

to the fuckin no-names of sensi and candreva and these napoli class players is sick to my stomach. even stormzy look a like player is now considered a top striker!!!

jesus. if anything making Inter looking good this year is that we are in decline and have our own problems.

I'd say it's much more reasonable to compare this Inter with Contes Italy.

Full of mostly unremarkable players that can do a job and Conte is great at getting everyone to buy in to his system and overachieving in the league grinding out results.

But you can't compare them to 2012 Juve. Their attack is better but the defence and midfield is absolutely nothing like ours

Leagues apart

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But you can't compare them to 2012 Juve. Their attack is better but the defence and midfield is absolutely nothing like ours

Leagues apart
Still, they have 46 points at half season, while that Juve of 2011/12 had 41 points, without having any European matches, unlike Inter which played 6 matches in CL.
Also, while that Juve was certainly better in midfield, and probably in defense too, we have to remember that we had a pretty thin bench. Our most used bench players (players ranked 12th, 13th and 14th in minutes played) were Giaccherini, De Ceglie and Estigarribia.
The main difference is the opponent Conte's Juve and Conte's Inter had/ve for the scudetto. We fought against an injury plagued Milan, which at one point had a total of 12-13 available players. A Milan that was missing Pato, Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Cassano and Boateng for more than half of the season's matches and whose most used players, apart from Zlatan, were Nocerino, Emanuelson and Abate. Conte's Inter is facing a Juventus without too many injury problems and with a wider bench than Allegri's Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)