Serie A 2019/20 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Doesn't his wife have cancer? As a footballer he is a disgusting as they come but as a human its hard to blame him for failing to live up to his professional duties and sinking into partying if his wife has cancer.
Not sure why its related, his toxic clownery and the tragedy of his wife getting cancer recently. He has been an unprofessional wasteman for many years, kicked out by Belgium years ago, and now both Roma and Inter did the same within a year.

The main effect his wife illness has on his career right now is him doing right by her, by choosing to sign for Cagliari, her home town, to stay closer to her family.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think Conte's inter is gonna give us a serious challenge; this could be the year we lose it. Lukaku will probably be a beast for them
I didn't ever buy the recent Inter "rebirths" but its undeniable that Conte and Marotta are assets that were not present. I also expect Lukaku to beat up on numerous Serie A defenses.

They may finish a strong second but Inter should not dethrone Juventus this season. Provided the squad isn't butchered before Aug 30, this team is too strong.

Sarri would have to be completely incompetent to not absolutely wreck Serie A with this current squad.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
We will see...
Will Lukaku have a bigger impact than icardi? The guys scored plenty and saved their ass million times. Overall they have a good squad, especially in defense.

They lack some creativity in midfield but conte never really relied on that

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't ever buy the recent Inter "rebirths" but its undeniable that Conte and Marotta are assets that were not present. I also expect Lukaku to beat up on numerous Serie A defenses.

They may finish a strong second but Inter should not dethrone Juventus this season. Provided the squad isn't butchered before Aug 30, this team is too strong.

Sarri would have to be completely incompetent to not absolutely wreck Serie A with this current squad.
Sarri does not have to be, he already is.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Challenge accepted!

We are still favourites to win it. Yet somehow I too feel it's going to be Inter in the end.
Inter?! They would be our strongest rivals but the only way I can see them win is if and this is a big if..
1. We start the season in a horrible way and take too much time to adjust to Sarri
2. along with 1 - Inter need to be very consistent as the 1 alone will not be enough for them - See the season we started badly and still won it..

Otherwise I see no option that we lose it - We are just too damn strong for this league..

- - - Updated - - -

You know I dont think we'll win Serie A this season. Inter or Napoli will win Serie A while we win the Champions League.

SKAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL
Not possible - We will win Serie A over and over until Ronaldo retires and then it depends how we change back to life without Ronaldo - Look at how Real fell without him because they didnt do enough to replace him..

- - - Updated - - -

I think Conte's inter is gonna give us a serious challenge; this could be the year we lose it. Lukaku will probably be a beast for them
The funny thing is how people said Lukaku is barely a footballer and how crappy he is and now that he goes to Inter he suddenly becomes a beast..

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Don't underestimate Inter , they are shaping up really well and they have Conte. I've seen some of their matches and their team looks like a proper Conte team. 1-1 vs Juve, Spurs and PSG is not nothing. The midfield looks particularly good and the defense is still missing Godin so it should be better than the already good version of it. Only missing is the striker and Lukaku is arriving.

Conte's setup will mask Sensi's size limitations imo. Sensi has all the quality but is a midget, with the crowded midfield line and the rigid positioning to always offer a passing alternative he will always be in a position to receive the ball and have a way out. Him, Brozovic and Barella are all lovely passers with enough energy and running too.

They don't need to be as good as our best, they can't, but they need to be good enough to consistently win 1-0 against a Torino or Fiorentina and I think they will do that. So they should be high in the race.

Lukaku - Lautaro

Asamoah - Sensi - Brozovic - Barella - Candreva/Lazaro

Godin - De Vrij - Skriniar​

That's enough to play like a proper Conte team and win consistently in Serie A.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Don't underestimate Inter , they are shaping up really well and they have Conte. I've seen some of their matches and their team looks like a proper Conte team. 1-1 vs Juve, Spurs and PSG is not nothing. The midfield looks particularly good and the defense is still missing Godin so it should be better than the already good version of it. Only missing is the striker and Lukaku is arriving.

Conte's setup will mask Sensi's size limitations imo. Sensi has all the quality but is a midget, with the crowded midfield line and the rigid positioning to always offer a passing alternative he will always be in a position to receive the ball and have a way out. Him, Brozovic and Barella are all lovely passers with enough energy and running too.

They don't need to be as good as our best, they can't, but they need to be good enough to consistently win 1-0 against a Torino or Fiorentina and I think they will do that. So they should be high in the race.

Lukaku - Lautaro

Asamoah - Sensi - Brozovic - Barella - Candreva/Lazaro

Godin - De Vrij - Skriniar​

That's enough to play like a proper Conte team and win consistently in Serie A.
:rofl:

I swear it’s the same story every season with Inter.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It is not, or at least it shouldn't be.

What about their team makes you think they won't be good enough in Serie A?
The fact that they don’t have the strongest team in Serie A?

Seriously, every season, Inter supposedly have the best mercato, will push us the closest.

Those wingbacks are terrible. Sensi and Barella are good midfielders but hugely untested at playing in games that matter at a high level, and Lukaku/Lautaro doesn’t seem to be a striking combination that strikes fear into defences.

Conte is by far their best asset. But watch when the results don’t go his way and the grumbling starts.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The fact that they don’t have the strongest team in Serie A?

Seriously, every season, Inter supposedly have the best mercato, will push us the closest.

Those wingbacks are terrible. Sensi and Barella are good midfielders but hugely untested at playing in games that matter at a high level, and Lukaku/Lautaro doesn’t seem to be a striking combination that strikes fear into defences.

Conte is by far their best asset. But watch when the results don’t go his way and the grumbling starts.
But I didn't say they will win, and I said they don't reach our best.

Pelle and Eder worked for Conte. Matri-Quaglarella, Vucinic-Giovinco, Llorente-Tevez.

Signing Lukaku would have been a disaster for us with Ronaldo and Sarri but for Conte he is a tailor made forward. Lukaku scores against small teams, his whole impressive record in the PL and Belgium is built on bullying teams that can be bullied. He wil be a success in Serie A. Lautaro is new and untested, so that could go wrong, but he does look very good. Particularly he is made to SS in a striker partnership, Conte's tactics will serve these two.

Sensi and Barella are exactly tested in the league, we are not talking about CL but in the league where they already shone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)