Serie A 2019/20 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we end up with De Sciglio, Bonucci, Icardi and Matuidi as starters and Conte gets a Godin+Lukaku+Dybala combo, then they actually have a chance to end our winning streak...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Very calm and over it now, the club decided to shoot themselves in the foot by going with Sarri.
to be fair to sarri, the current mercato situation has nothing to do with him.

he's a weaker coach than ancelotti and conte, that's true.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
to be fair to sarri, the current mercato situation has nothing to do with him.

he's a weaker coach than ancelotti and conte, that's true.
I consider the mercato to be one, players and coach. Of course the player choices are not on Sarri, he is there only to put a failing grade on whatever happens to the squad.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I didn't ever buy the recent Inter "rebirths" but its undeniable that Conte and Marotta are assets that were not present. I also expect Lukaku to beat up on numerous Serie A defenses.

They may finish a strong second but Inter should not dethrone Juventus this season. Provided the squad isn't butchered before Aug 30, this team is too strong.

Sarri would have to be completely incompetent to not absolutely wreck Serie A with this current squad.
Yes, Conte can turn them into a war machine and Lukaku is almost perfect for his football.

But it's not only about them, I think Sarri will have difficulty getting the best out of this team

- - - Updated - - -

The funny thing is how people said Lukaku is barely a footballer and how crappy he is and now that he goes to Inter he suddenly becomes a beast..
That's a simple way to look at it...

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Can we talk about how big of a risk this is for Inter, signing Lukaku for cash? It's one thing to send an asset to United like we were discussing (though I disagree with the swap). It's entirely another to make that purchase with cash. Massive risk to lay out all that money when they aren't doing so well financially, they've laid out a lot of money recently and have basically put all their eggs into a few baskets, hoping to recapture their old glory. This is the third straight year they've laid out massive money.

Lukaku < ManUnited 74.1m transfer fee
Lazaro < Hertha 25.08m transfer fee
Politano < Sassuolo 22.8m transfer fee
Barella < Cagliari 13.68m loan fee
Radu < Genoa 13.68m transfer fee
Salcedo < Genoa 9.12m transfer fee
Brazao < Parma 7.41m transfer fee
Sensi < Sassuolo 5.7m loan fee
Gabigol < Flamengo end of loan

Total fees: 171.57m

That doesn't include Barella's future fee or these players' wages but it also doesn't take into account transfer payments spread over multiple years for these fees.

Meanwhile, they've sold:

Vanheusden > Standard Liege 14.36m transfer fee
Radu > Genoa 9.12m transfer fee
Puscas > Reading 9.12m transfer fee
Adorante > Parma 5.7m transfer fee
Sala > Sassuolo 5.7m transfer fee
Rizzo > Genoa 2.85m transfer fee
Manaj > Albacete 2.85m transfer fee
Ansaldi > Torino 2.85m transfer fee

Total sales: 52.61m

Not to mention, these sales are young players for the most part or players on low wages, being replaced by higher earners with a few exceptions. Seems like a massive gamble on their part to remain competitive with players who, in my opinion, are either massive risks or somewhat unproven in the highest levels of competition.

Edit: not to reply to my own post, but this article seems to make it sounds like they'd have no issues affording more.

https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2019/08/08/quanto-puo-spendere-ancora-linter-sul-mercato/

- - - Updated - - -

Schermata-2019-08-08-alle-16.12.57.png

Last edited:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Damn, I'm enjoying my morning coffee and watching a replay of Spal - Fiorentina game from last season on one of my sports channels. I probably read about the game but never saw highlights from it and since its two irrelevant teams playing it is understandable how i missed that.

So in short, in 73rd minute its 1:1, Fio attacks, Chiesa is in the penalty area, makes a pass and gets fouled, Spal takes the ball, makes a counter attack and eventually scores for 2:1. A minute later the ref is told to go watch the Chiesa situation, he takes his time and 5 mins later Spal's goal is disallowed and a penalty for Fio is given, Veretout makes it 2:1 for Fio and they score two more goals to make it 4:1 at full time.

Overall the refs call was legit since there was a foul on Chiesa and its his and VAR team's mistake that they didnt review the situation immediately, but imagine what would the reaction be if it was Juve instead of Fiorentina. We wouldn't hear the end of it for weeks, campionato falsato, Rubentus, Calciopoli 2, they only win cause of the refs they pay, VAR was created so Rigoreventus can keep winning Serie A, nothing is changed, #juveout etc...

And here all the tension was created by VAR who couldnt react on time, which is the biggest problem about the video refs, it takes too damn long for them to react and then for the ref to go to the screen and see for himself. At the end they took the right decision, but Spal will refer to this game as the one where VAR called off their winning goal and gifted Fiorentina the three points, and all of that could have and should have been avoided...

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I expect Napoli to be stronger rivals than Inter. Inter will still finish 3rd but with much more points than last season. Napoli are very strong. They’ve kept their players and they manage to make their defense even stonger. Manolas and Koulibaly will be hard to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)