Serie A 2019/20 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
All self-inflicted.

There’s no reason why any of this should have happened. But our management decided to get cute and outsmarted themselves big time. And now we watching 8 years of hard work crumble before us.
I would not be that upset if other clubs worked hard, stepped up and took a big step on the scale to balance things in the league. I would respect it and give them credit.

But as you said when the destruction is from within for no convenient reason whatsoever it's what makes us angry. In fact I am not angry, I am more on the disgusted side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I don't know how much we can blame management. Given enough time a slump happens to every great team. For us it took 7-8 years for things to get less than good. If we manage to squeeze out another Serie A title this spring, rejuvenate this summer and start another dominant cycle it would be a tremendous accomplishment by management (historically speaking).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Statements today say that the club is evaluating initiatives in favour of the purchasers.

If you ask me there is one alternative, there is no need to evaluate anything.
yup.

milan already communicated that they'll refund the tickets. the only way to go.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Dear customer, unfortunately we can not give you your money back. We already used it to pay Ronaldo for one day.

However, as a sign of good will, we offer you free shipping for our iconic JJ "proud" sweater.
When I think about JJ outfits, I think about the double JJ yellow sweatpants and the model wearing them from the video swinging in his chair. Printed in my memory

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
As far as the ticket situation is concerned:

"Abbiamo diffidato ieri la Juventus, intimandogli di rimborsare integralmente il singolo titolo di accesso e la quota parte dell'abbonamento. Se non lo farà scatteranno le azioni legali a tutela dei tifosi" afferma Massimiliano Dona, presidente dell'Unione Nazionale Consumatori. "La nota emanata ieri sera dai bianconeri (che recita testulamente 'ferma restando la validità delle previsioni che disciplinano l'acquisto dei titoli di accesso la società - vista la peculiarità della situazione nazionale - sta valutando iniziative a favore degli acquirenti degli stessi') non basta, è troppo generica. Non c'è alcun impegno preciso e concreto ma si limitano, peraltro ribadendo la validità delle loro clausole contrattuali, oggetto in realtà di un procedimento istruttorio in materia di clausole vessatorie da parte dell'Antitrust, ad impegnarsi a valutare iniziative a favore degli acquirenti. Quali? Quando? I tifosi vanno rimborsati integralmente senza se e senza ma, non vogliono le elemosina, ma che siano riconosciuti i loro sacrosanti diritti" conclude Dona.
- Juventus' terms and conditions for ticket sales are already under investigation.
- If tickets are not refunded they (national consumer organisation) will sue.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What JJ doesn't see is that being unclear on the refund of tickets hurt the brand more than the advertising to gen Z might have helped
I'm not sure that's true.

This entire ticket situation (refunds, prices, etc) really only affects people who (want to) attend games.
I could be wrong, but I think that your average "fan" who watches a few games on television, perhaps buys a Ronaldo shirt & follows the team on social media doesn't really know/care about these things.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

This entire ticket situation (refunds, prices, etc) really only affects people who (want to) attend games.
I could be wrong, but I think that your average "fan" who watches a few games on television, perhaps buys a Ronaldo shirt & follows the team on social media doesn't really know/care about these things.
This will explode in the media though.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

This is not the first time Juve is on the verge of disrespecting their fans in order to optimize their income. Doesn't entice people to purchase Juventus related stuff at least for me and probably for more people as well. Which is the opposite of what the rebranding aims to do

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This will explode in the media though.
It should.

This is not the first time Juve is on the verge of disrespecting their fans in order to optimize their income. Doesn't entice people to purchase Juventus related stuff at least for me and probably for more people as well. Which is the opposite of what the rebranding aims to do
I agree, it's not the first time. But, so far at least, there has been very little backlash.

Do they stand a chance winning? JJ gonna argue Force majeure i guess.
Afaik, JJ doesn't stand much of a chance. From what I'm reading, Juve has an illegal clause in terms of ticket sales.
Lazio has already lost a similar case, apparently (though I'm not sure of the specifics, nor when it happened).

Fun fact: Juve was still selling tickets after the final decision of closed gates arrived. :mj:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
If I am buying a ticket and this happens to me, a club that is worth hundreds of millions refusing to refund my ticket, that would be the last time I consider purchasing a ticket/kit or anything that profits the club.

Like it's not enough Curva Sud and others aren't attending Juve matches because the tickets are pretty expensive lately keeping in mind how boring Juve's stadium atmosphere is recently, and now they are pulling this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)