Serie A 2018/19 (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yeah, it makes perfect sense that the first placed team, say Juventus, with 97 points, should play a Play-off for the Scudetto with the 4th placed team, say Inter, with 71 pts...
In all honesty that's the only way Juve dominance would take a break. And he knows it too. Playoffs require luck, and unluckiness is the only way we're losing a Scudetto ever.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
no we should not
seria a is in shambles because old farts in charge are playing a zero sum game, clubs should cooperate in delivering best product

and btw: fuck racist ticket slinging ultras
yeah exactly

they just are still pissed they lost their cut of the ticket sales... and think they are entitled to everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Gravina: ‘Extra subs and flexible contracts’
By Football Italia staff

The sole candidate for the FIGC Presidency names “more flexible contracts”, extra substitutions and Scudetto play-offs among his objectives. Gabriele Gravina will be elected as the new head of the federation on October 22, provided 25 per cent or more of the stakeholders don’t abstain. He has already resigned as head of the Lega Pro to concentrate on his new role, and he outlines his vision in an interview with La Stampa.

“We can’t waste time, some of my moves will be unpopular but we can’t put them off any longer,” Gravina said. “One is linked to the flexibility of contracts. If you win or stay in the league then it’s right for the club to pay what they owe, but if you get relegated the salary should be adjusted to your new reality. “After the vote, I’ll propose to FIFA President [Gianni] Infantino the introduction of a fourth or even fifth substitution. “The Serie A clubs asked me for that, and as Lega Pro President I experimented with it successfully.

“My dream? Play-offs for the Scudetto. In Serie B and the Lega Pro they’re a real success, you see how the interest of the fans grows exponentially.” :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, it makes perfect sense that the first placed team, say Juventus, with 97 points, should play a Play-off for the Scudetto with the 4th placed team, say Inter, with 71 pts...
the idea of playoffs is that your points get devided by 2 so the gap is less.

in practice, its a bullshit idea cause at that point of time teams will want to be competing in europe and not play 2 games against fucking highrunning lazio or sassuolo

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I fucking HATE playoff systems with a passion. They're so damn stupid, invalidates the work of an entire season for a few games. This is why I think American sports are bullshit, don't bring that here now.
Disagreed, playoff system is the best

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, that’s what Coppa italia is for but I wouldn’t be against a playoff system.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Disagreed, playoff system is the best

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, that’s what Coppa italia is for but I wouldn’t be against a playoff system.
I don't like how it makes all the other games essentially worthless, because as long as you make the playoffs you can win the whole tournament still. Why even really bother having a regular season then?

Every single year I dominate the regular fantasy basketball season in my league, then usually end up losing in the playoffs because of one bad week. Last year I lost by one turnover, awarded retroactively the next day. Had that not happened, I would've destroyed either of the two teams there. Nothing is more infuriating, I can guarantee you :p

- - - Updated - - -

Life is one giant playoff
And we're just trying to make the 8th seed.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Gravina: ‘Extra subs and flexible contracts’
By Football Italia staff

The sole candidate for the FIGC Presidency names “more flexible contracts”, extra substitutions and Scudetto play-offs among his objectives. Gabriele Gravina will be elected as the new head of the federation on October 22, provided 25 per cent or more of the stakeholders don’t abstain. He has already resigned as head of the Lega Pro to concentrate on his new role, and he outlines his vision in an interview with La Stampa.

“We can’t waste time, some of my moves will be unpopular but we can’t put them off any longer,” Gravina said. “One is linked to the flexibility of contracts. If you win or stay in the league then it’s right for the club to pay what they owe, but if you get relegated the salary should be adjusted to your new reality. “After the vote, I’ll propose to FIFA President [Gianni] Infantino the introduction of a fourth or even fifth substitution. “The Serie A clubs asked me for that, and as Lega Pro President I experimented with it successfully.

“My dream? Play-offs for the Scudetto. In Serie B and the Lega Pro they’re a real success, you see how the interest of the fans grows exponentially.” :lol::lol::lol:

OK, this Gravina guy is a plank. All three are useless, shit ideas. With all the real issues, that's the best he came up with? Sounds worse than Tavecchio.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Couldn’t agree more.

We also have these stupid play/off finals systems in all team sports here in Aus. They are fucking stupid. Sudden death/KO style set-ups should only be for cup football and that’s it.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
In Serie B they play the playoffs in June, in Serie C probably similar. I'm not a supporter of this idea, but if anything, such a format would help us to win CL as we could afford to slack off in regular season and could concentrate fully on Europe knowing that after CL final we 'll have the chance to wrap up league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)