Serie A 2018/19 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Allegri's record in CL knockout rounds at Juve: 11 wins - 4 draws - 2 losses. So much embarrassment.

Only place one could argue we've been embarrassed is in the Finals with 2 losses against superior teams, but even then only against Madrid, we went toe-to-toe with Barca in '15 right to the end.
I wasnt talking specifically about Allegri (who I admire). It’s about Juve’s mentality. We’ve been playing this style of football since forever. Even with Ibra, Viera, Mutu, Del Piero, Nedved, Camoranesi. We always conserve energy and defend lead.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Should be more like Barcelona who give up 100 goals to Roma of all teams and lose.

That is a true laughing stock moment.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wasnt talking specifically about Allegri (who I admire). It’s about Juve’s mentality. We’ve been playing this style of football since forever. Even with Ibra, Viera, Mutu, Del Piero, Nedved, Camoranesi. We always conserve energy and defend lead.
I still don't see the embarrassment in the Allegri era. Cardiff was a disaster because the entire team had a meltdown, had nothing to do with trying to win 1-0.

Capello era was a complete joke. That was the era where our tactics castrated one of the best attacks in football.

Last year was pretty bad at times too, but for me that was more a result of our midfield really sucking once Matuidi went down with injury, and Higuain declining severely.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Roma :rofl:
Atalanta rested most of their starters cause they got an important EL game next Thursday :lol:
It's great that they're actually trying in the EL and still playing so well without Gomez. Full credit to Gasperini. Atalanta play with so much belief. Excellent work ethic, great technique. The overall technical standard of Serie A is better than it has been for a long time I reckon.

As for Roma, they look like they really miss the players they've sold - Stroot, Nainggolan and Allison. All their replacements were very poor. Who is Robin Olsen and why isn't Mirante starting over him?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
:rofl:

I guess you'd know a lot about being a laughing stock, considering your status here on Tuz.
'laughing stock of Europe'

Up there with 'worse than post-Mourinho Inter' comment

I dont know why this dude's even here tbh. You would think that with the kind of squad we have assembled this year, even the most negative people would show some semblance of positivity. Guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

If you disagree that Roma loom stacked in mid and attack, you can just say so, no need to "phaggots :lol: "
Stacked with quantity more than quality.

Both Cristante and Pellegrini were rubbish yesterday. Jury's out on both.

N'Zonzi is a good signing and De Rossi is on his last legs.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I dont know why this dude's even here tbh. You would think that with the kind of squad we have assembled this year, even the most negative people would show some semblance of positivity. Guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Doesn't make any sense. It's really boring all the whining, considering the squad we have. The last weak spot in the team is midfield, and even then we probably have a top 5-10 midfield in Europe with Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira, Can, Bentancur, it's not like it's some disaster, and has a lot of potential to be even better if Bentancur or Can develop under Allegri.

I can understand some worries about whether we're strong enough to win CL this year, or if everyone will mesh and figure it out. But the nonsense about being a "laughing stock" or "worse than Inter post-Mourinho" is just a little beyond the pale.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree on Roma too. They have a lot of quantity in both attack and mid, but it's hard to say just how good they are.

If you call Pastore an attacker, Dzeko and Pastore are class. But that's really it. Schick has lots of potential, but is coming off an abysmal season, and looked pretty mediocre again today. Kluivert, high potential too, but hasn't played in a top league before. Under is closest to realizing his potential and becoming a bona fide top player, but he needs more consistency.

Midfield. Nzonzi is great. De Rossi is class forever, but he's 35 and looks worn out down the stretch of every season. Cristante and Pellegrini are good rotation options who could develop into something, but they're not starters in a top team yet. Coric. Know next to nothing about him.

Out of say, the 6 spots for midfield and attack, they have 4 top players, Dzeko, Pastore, Nzonzi, De Rossi, and a bunch of potential.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
:agree:

Doesn't make any sense. It's really boring all the whining, considering the squad we have. The last weak spot in the team is midfield, and even then we probably have a top 5-10 midfield in Europe with Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira, Can, Bentancur, it's not like it's some disaster, and has a lot of potential to be even better if Bentancur or Can develop under Allegri.

I can understand some worries about whether we're strong enough to win CL this year, or if everyone will mesh and figure it out. But the nonsense about being a "laughing stock" or "worse than Inter post-Mourinho" is just a little beyond the pale.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree on Roma too. They have a lot of quantity in both attack and mid, but it's hard to say just how good they are.

If you call Pastore an attacker, Dzeko and Pastore are class. But that's really it. Schick has lots of potential, but is coming off an abysmal season, and looked pretty mediocre again today. Kluivert, high potential too, but hasn't played in a top league before. Under is closest to realizing his potential and becoming a bona fide top player, but he needs more consistency.

Midfield. Nzonzi is great. De Rossi is class forever, but he's 35 and looks worn out down the stretch of every season. Cristante and Pellegrini are good rotation options who could develop into something, but they're not starters in a top team yet. Coric. Know next to nothing about him.

Out of say, the 6 spots for midfield and attack, they have 4 top players, Dzeko, Pastore, Nzonzi, De Rossi, and a bunch of potential.
pls, you come alive and bring out paragraph after paragraph of over-the-top mocking whenever someone says something out of line about our playing style, boring is the last word you should be using :D

regarding Roma, you forgot Perotti and El Sha, 2 guys that were starters for them last season. of course they're not overflowing with WC quality, but for a club like Roma to fill their bench with promising 30m signings is impressive. their central defense seems very bad though, I think we might even see de Rossi return to CB duties once Nzonzi is settled in, only caught the first half yesterday and Manolas was just unbelievable

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Cristante is gonna be great imo.
Guy has all the potential to be the complete package.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
pls, you come alive and bring out paragraph after paragraph of over-the-top mocking whenever someone says something out of line about our playing style, boring is the last word you should be using :D

regarding Roma, you forgot Perotti and El Sha, 2 guys that were starters for them last season. of course they're not overflowing with WC quality, but for a club like Roma to fill their bench with promising 30m signings is impressive. their central defense seems very bad though, I think we might even see de Rossi return to CB duties once Nzonzi is settled in, only caught the first half yesterday and Manolas was just unbelievable
Perotti and El Shawaari aren't worth mentioning because they are terribly mediocre. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)