Serie A 2017/18 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So now they want to investigate Allegri because after the game he said in a video

"Ciao taglia" (tagliavento who i believe was 4th official)
"Son stato bravo eh?" (i was good wasn't i?)
"Promosso?"
(promoted but it's more like what they say to a student who has been given the go ahead to pass onto the next year of school)

Someone has put subtitles underneath that say "he (orsato) was good"
Allegri is talking about how he didn't protest being sent off
They always try to find something
Everyone conveniently forgot the clear penalty on Higuain towards the end of the match and is botching about Pjanic
Even if Pjanic was lucky these guys are so salty
Italians never learn, we will keep dominating.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not sure if serious, Napoli have more points than Bayern and yet you say Bundesliga is the shit league? I dont think Neapolitans would get their numbers anywhere else in Europe's big leagues
Maybe pay a little more attention to details. Bundesliga is a 34 match season. Napoli has 2 more points while having played 3 more matches. Napoli would very likely be second in Bundesliga, just as they are in Serie A. There is very little to separate these two leagues in terms of quality.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Maybe pay a little more attention to details. Bundesliga is a 34 match season. Napoli has 2 more points while having played 3 more matches. Napoli would very likely be second in Bundesliga, just as they are in Serie A. There is very little to separate these two leagues in terms of quality.
The Bundesliga has been rubbish for the past couple of seasons. It's well and truly a one team league now, just like the French. Dortmund is nowhere to be seen.
Serie A has 5-6 teams that would do well in the BL.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
FIGC needs to do its job to improve the quality of youth and talent.

As for club mgmt, I think Roma has a good future. Napoli hard to tell but will likely remain on the same level or drop a bit if/when Sarri leaves. One of Milanese clubs needs to get a diff, better owner, but it won't happen. They're not exactly attractive prospects atm nor cheap to buy.

I only see Juve and Roma as top European teams with sustainable competitiveness in the future based on how things are now. And then, if Napoli and eventually one of the Milan clubs get out of group stages regularly and/or we win multiple CLs, things will improve marketing-wise. Otherwise, it won't.

- - - Updated - - -
@Bianconero81 Btw, if not for Oliver, we would've had a good chance of winning the CL this season. And the team knew it. Ref favors and missed chances or not, Real > Bayern.
Roma won't do shit. They constantly sell their best players for peanuts even worse then us but then they don't have the money to replace them. That Barca game was a fluke.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
True, I forgot about the 34 game season. Agree on the rest as well, I don't think there's much difference in quality between Serie A and Bundesliga, that's why I disagreed on them being fucking shit.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don't know about Roma having a 'good future'. One semi final doesnt change that. Their new stadium is like atleast 3-4 years away and it's not like they've secured bumper commercial deals. All depends on their squad building and how prudently they use their budget but if you ask me, I still see one of the Milan clubs being a realistic challenger in the future. They just need to get into the Champions league and it's a whole different ball game for either of them.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And it’s BS anyway, this season plenty of people all over the world have been talking about Serie A and the close title race. The Juve - Napoli and Inter - Juve games were discussed all over social media and on most football shows. It’s been anything but a one horse race this season anyway.
That is true, I have a friend who watches a lot of football he barely ever talks to me about Serie A and he knows that I am a fan. Lately all he talks about is the title race in Serie A and the rest of the league fighting for the other spots.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
FIGC needs to do its job to improve the quality of youth and talent.

As for club mgmt, I think Roma has a good future. Napoli hard to tell but will likely remain on the same level or drop a bit if/when Sarri leaves. One of Milanese clubs needs to get a diff, better owner, but it won't happen. They're not exactly attractive prospects atm nor cheap to buy.

I only see Juve and Roma as top European teams with sustainable competitiveness in the future based on how things are now. And then, if Napoli and eventually one of the Milan clubs get out of group stages regularly and/or we win multiple CLs, things will improve marketing-wise. Otherwise, it won't.

- - - Updated - - -
@Bianconero81 Btw, if not for Oliver, we would've had a good chance of winning the CL this season. And the team knew it. Ref favors and missed chances or not, Real > Bayern.
The marketing won't improve until refereeing stops being the center of football discussion in Italy and until this constant chastisising of Juventus completely stops.

And no, we wouldn't have won the CL this season, regardless. This team had too many glaring holes and was waiting to be exposed. Blaming refs is just taking the easy way out. We choked in the last minute cos of Benatia and that's why we lost. It was a fair call in the end anyway.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That is true, I have a friend who watches a lot of football he barely ever talks to me about Serie A and he knows that I am a fan. Lately all he talks about is the title race in Serie A and the rest of the league fighting for the other spots.
Yep. I have a few friends who only exclusively follow EPL (which is massive here in Australia) and they have been sending me messages and calling me to talk about this crazy season. It has definitely been the most open and entertaining season for neutral fans out of the big leagues IMO.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yep. I have a few friends who only exclusively follow EPL (which is massive here in Australia) and they have been sending me messages and calling me to talk about this crazy season. It has definitely been the most open and entertaining season for neutral fans out of the big leagues IMO.
Even Swedish commentators who usually suck EPL dong all day long are praising the Italian league.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Right! Because fans should not have feelings otherwise they are without dignity.
Being constantly wrong is not feelings, being so loud and bold in predicting things only to be proven wrong on all counts well the only dignified thing is to tone down that bravado and stay quiet, also putting your team down during an important game has got to make one a pretty lousy fan.

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
Even correct calls non Juve fans are whining about saying VAR cost Napoli against Fiorentina and how VAR is a disgrace and only works for Juve, football fans are just some of the most moronic I have come across, red card for inter was justified yet they are still complaining and saying Juve get all the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)