Serie A 2017/18 (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I felt sad hearing of his death. I think you should feel sad if anyone you know of passes away.

But I can't help but wonder if there is a reason for his death untold in the press? I just think it's strange how an athlete can die from a cardiac issue. I would expect such incidents for obese/unhealthy/old people, not a professional athlete? Are players on drugs or enhancing products these days?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I felt sad hearing of his death. I think you should feel sad if anyone you know of passes away.

But I can't help but wonder if there is a reason for his death untold in the press? I just think it's strange how an athlete can die from a cardiac issue. I would expect such incidents for obese/unhealthy/old people, not a professional athlete? Are players on drugs or enhancing products these days?
But that's your ignorance that comes into play and ignorance should never be a determining factor in judging a situation. It's not unusual for healthy adults and children to die 'out of the blue'.

Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_arrhythmic_death_syndrome

Apr 29, 2006

I know from the elders here that when a young man dies it is always a tragedy, regardless who he was. If he was a bad man - he had a chance to turn it around or change his life, since he had time. It could be that someone is hiding something - performance drugs, etc... Still a tragedy, if only for the child.

My best friend just burried a boy he knew since youth. He was living in the flat above him had epilepsy his entire life and died yesterday in the toilet. Amusing as it is - his parents were AT home, couldn't break the door (cause he was blocking it) and my friend had to do it. By the time they went in - the boy(if I can call a 30 year old a boy) was clinically brain dead. Now people may talk mathematics, statistics and bunch of other arithmetical BS to convince us its expected and logical.

Shouldn't close the door of the WC and etc....

But it is another tragedy. Surely, it is not tragic for ME and certainly for most of YOU, but its a tragedy for every decent human. Only a sociopath will think otherwise.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Very sad news about Astori. A 31 year old professional athlete dies overnight in his sleep, just goes to show how fragile life really is.

Of course though, we have the typical edgelord bravado comments as well.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I followed him on instagram and I dont follow your instagram profile. Thats why I care about his death and wouldn’t care about a random death like yours. Thats where I draw the line.
I take it you are too much of a sjw to understand what i mean. Just never say something that could offend someone. Then again why even bother, you didn't even reply seriously about what i said, just a sarcastic one liner.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
It seems it offended you :boh:
Yes, it has already been explained.

We have our own social media bubble on 'tuz:

1: Statement, event etc.
2: People being offended by 1 (original offending)
3: People being offended by people being offended by 1 (the counter offending)
4: People being offended that people are offended that people get offended (mish mash everyones offended)
5: New 1) And everything is forgotten

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Because it's a serious topic for once, and you didn't add nothing with your reply.
Didn't I? You haven't read out my point which isn't that far away from yours? Of course it has been expressed in a sarcastical form, but I thought specially you would understand that there's something in between the lines.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Whenever someone famous dies and people mourn them on social media, there’s always the ones who feel like they have to say something about death being normal and “it’s only a big deal because they’re famous”. Everyone knows that, either pay your respects or keep quiet. That’s my take on it. Not referring to you or anyone in particular.
This :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)