Serie A 2017/18 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If you really mean it and you can relate to it - fine, but nothing worse than those half-assed meaningless RIP's in the comment sections on Facebook, Instagram and so on.

How many of the people posting those comments are sincere, and how many couldn't give a fuck and just post them because they think they are supposed to do so, cause demency demands it?

You don't really feel/mean it? - don't post/say it. Feigned/insincere mourning is worse than saying nothing at all.

It's a slap into the face for those who are genuinely in pain of losing someone close. If you happen to have lost someone close in your life, you know those kind of people are the least you want to come across in times of pain.
Only person I saw making multiple mourn posts was Osman, and someone else said they cried. Hardly anything to get over-analytic about. GordoCentral's posts were stranger.

It was a sudden, unexpected, shocking news and of course sad (always is when you hear about these things) even if not debilitating (doesn't have to be for it to be sad, odd stance/argument), and most left comments stating as much. I don't believe there's anything after death, so I don't say RIP, but those who do wished that. Don't see what's wrong with any of that.

Yeah, there are annoying fake Charmins out there, but you guys are the ones exaggerating here.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Whenever someone famous dies and people mourn them on social media, there’s always the ones who feel like they have to say something about death being normal and “it’s only a big deal because they’re famous”. Everyone knows that, either pay your respects or keep quiet. That’s my take on it. Not referring to you or anyone in particular.
:tup:

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Shouldnt happen? Lol this weird relationship modern culture has with death is really funny

We are simply confronted much less with death than we were before.

I called it horrible myself, didn't i? That has to be enough.

Did you care about him whilst he was still alive? Did you follow his career? Did you like the player? Did you know him personally? Did you at least follow his club? Or did you just like me simply not care about him at all til you read about his death in the news today?

Yeah, that's the people i want to cry for me. People who have had zero interest in me and my life. That, for me, is not only being a hypocrite, it's also being disrespectful towards people who really cared about him and lost a big part of their life.
I never really followed Astori's career. I didn't know him either. And I definitely won't post something on social media regarding his death. But professional footballers are all basically coworkers of Astori. If players like Mertens or Nainggolan (who even played with him) do feel the need to post something, I can only see that as a sign of respect. And then there's the basic empathy most of us have towards other human beings. Astori probably didn't know much of it and it's pretty obvious there are worse ways to die than in your sleep. But his wife remains without a husband and his child without a father. I am sure we can all imagine that this will have a huge impact on their respective lives. And while we may not know them personally, I feel it's only normal to empathize.

Whenever someone famous dies and people mourn them on social media, there’s always the ones who feel like they have to say something about death being normal and “it’s only a big deal because they’re famous”. Everyone knows that, either pay your respects or keep quiet. That’s my take on it. Not referring to you or anyone in particular.
Agreed.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I followed him on instagram and I dont follow your instagram profile. Thats why I care about his death and wouldn’t care about a random death like yours. Thats where I draw the line.
Because it's a serious topic for once, and you didn't add nothing with your reply.
Didn't I? You haven't read out my point which isn't that far away from yours? Of course it has been expressed in a sarcastical form, but I thought specially you would understand that there's something in between the lines.
...few pages later:
If you really mean it and you can relate to it - fine, but nothing worse than those half-assed meaningless RIP's in the comment sections on Facebook, Instagram and so on.

How many of the people posting those comments are sincere, and how many couldn't give a fuck and just post them because they think they are supposed to do so, cause demency demands it?

You don't really feel/mean it? - don't post/say it. Feigned/insincere mourning is worse than saying nothing at all.

It's a slap into the face for those who are genuinely in pain of losing someone close. If you happen to have lost someone close in your life, you know those kind of people are the least you want to come across in times of pain.
That has exactly been my point, no need to be mad.

But why do I make this effort, you already have ignorelisted me, haven't you? :lol:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Actually what annoys me is something like the terrorist attack that hit paris for example and social media asks you to put a French flag as a profile picture yet how many bombs are dropped in other countries killing innocent people there? it's not like we are asked to put up a Syrian flag or any other country's flag that is involved in a war of their own. It's not that I'm not showing support to the French, but you can't show respect to one and not to others.
yes you can and you should, because we're human. if we never did anything good with the excuse that you can't be perfect, then the world would suck.

the fact that you as an individual can't guarantee that every child in the world is well fed or with a roof over his head doesn't mean you shouldn't do other good things that would qualify as less important, like volunteer for animal shelter or donate for the benefit of disabled people.

it's the same in this case, the fact that you can't mourn for every tragedy in the world doesn't mean you're not allowed to do it for this particular one.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
What point? He's just being a bitch, and yes.
Guy asks me a question, even if he won't read my answer. Should just read my post #6329 and it's quotes.

- - - Updated - - -

Criminal proceedings opened up over Davide Astori’a death. Manslaughter charges being laid...this story has taken an even more terrible twist.
WTF?! :shocked:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Criminal proceedings opened up over Davide Astori’a death. Manslaughter charges being laid...this story has taken an even more terrible twist.
Hmm.. now that's beyond strange; tiem to look into mafia connections.

Could just be a legal thing that they open up a case(?), altho I know zero about the italian justice system.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
What do you call a kid without a father?
gordocentral

how many times do u post LOL to a post without LOLing in real life

how many people you think do the same?

you are not changing anything. you are not making a point. the world doesnt care. move on and worry about the things that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)