Serie A 2017/18 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
lel Milan - https://www.football-italia.net/117421/report-milan-owner-bankrupt

The Corriere della Sera newspaper claims Milan owner Yonghong Li is insolvent and his assets will be auctioned off on Taobao (the Chinese version of eBay).

This is certainly not the first time questions have been raised on the financial status of the businessman, as the New York Times and financial paper Il Sole 24 Ore also ran investigations pointing to a lack of funds.

However, this latest report suggests the situation has precipitated to the point where Yonghong Li is essentially bankrupt.

Packaging company Zhuhai Zhongfu, valued at €60m and of which his holding company owns 11.39 per cent, has been ordered on sale via an auction by the tribunal in Futian to repay the Jiangsu and Canton banks.

A few days ago, the China Securities Regulatory Commission also announced the start of an investigation into illicit practices from his holding company Shenzhen Jie Ande for hiding their bankruptcy for months.

He spent €740m to buy Milan from Silvio Berlusconi, who had been at the helm for over 30 years, but was only able to complete the purchase via a massive high-interest loan from vulture fund Elliott Management.

Now it’s claimed Yonghong Li not only can’t repay that loan, but he is also being sued for unpaid debts by two banks and the tribunal will put his assets up for auction via Taobao.

The Corriere della Sera reports Yonghong Li only had €100m of his own assets to begin with, funding the purchase through €300m from Elliott and €340m in offshore funds.

The timing outlined by the report suggests Yonghong Li was already insolvent by the time he was completing the Milan takeover in April 2017 and the original ruling to sell Zhuhai Zhongfu came in February 2017, but was held up by appeals.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Leipzig - Dont care
Cagliari - They will win
Roma - at home they are favorites but chance of losing points here..
Inter - Inter are at a bad period of time so I guess Napoli will get the whole 3pts there
Genoa - Easy 3 pts
Sass - 7-0 If we could score that much Napoli could score at least 1...
to me Cagliari, Roma and Inter looks like a run of games where they're definitely dropping some points, all of those teams are capable to take some points off Napoli. Sass might be fighting relegation by then, hopefully they find some grit

Apr 9, 2015
Uhhh ... I know some people here will get mad, but I have to say Milan is one of the most likeable 'big' teams (NOT CLUB) in the Serie A this year.
For me:
1. Juve
2. Lazio
3. Milan

I like there creative players with Calhanoglu, Suso, Bonaventura and Biglia.
I have a huge, huge weakness for Italian youngsters. Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Calabria, Cutrone, Locatelli and foreign talent Kessie. It's just a really interesting team, a team to hold an eye on. Not because of their playing style but Milan's player has plenty of individual highlights (especially Suso and Bonaventura), developing youngsters etc.

Each week there are new youngsters on the bench: Gabbia, Tsjadoud, Guarnone etc.

I love Italian teams with a Italian core, so I am happy we bought Bernardeschi and Caldara, but Milan is doing great job with playing Italians. Yeah ofcourse, they are more mediocre and they are playing for sixth spot or something, but I still like it, just like I liked the Sassuolo of a few years ago with 9/10 or even 11 Italian players in starting XI.

Milan has with Donnarumma, Calabria, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Cutrone, Abate, Montolivo, Antonelli Locatelli and Borini 11 players who makes regulary minutes.

I prefer Milan on a higher position than Inda or Roma with their foreigner squads blehh.

Oh and Bonucci is a shithead

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Gattuso plays Cutrone match-maker
By Football Italia staff

Gennaro Gattuso has given some unorthodox advice to Milan striker Patrick Cutrone, urging him to “get a beautiful girlfriend and make love.”

The forward only turned 20 last month, but is their top scorer this season with 13 goals and three assists in 30 competitive appearances.

“He is young, let’s not put too much pressure on him. Patrick has to work hard on the field and relax off it,” Gattuso said in a Press conference.

“I hope he can find himself a beautiful girlfriend to relax and make love with.”

With that in mind, Sky Sport Italia decided to play match-maker and suggest some potential girlfriends, but when shown an image of the first lady – a professional volleyball player – Gattuso’s reaction was not helpful.

“No, she’s too muscular – she’ll break him! It’s best you don’t show me anymore, or I’ll end up causing trouble…”

Gattuso's such a lovable crazyman :lol:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Uhhh ... I know some people here will get mad, but I have to say Milan is one of the most likeable 'big' teams (NOT CLUB) in the Serie A this year.
For me:
1. Juve
2. Lazio
3. Milan

I like there creative players with Calhanoglu, Suso, Bonaventura and Biglia.
I have a huge, huge weakness for Italian youngsters. Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Calabria, Cutrone, Locatelli and foreign talent Kessie. It's just a really interesting team, a team to hold an eye on. Not because of their playing style but Milan's player has plenty of individual highlights (especially Suso and Bonaventura), developing youngsters etc.

Each week there are new
@Klin

Also their team is the definition of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)