Serie A 2016/2017 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016

I cant see that happening.
Way to cherry pick that particular sentence and not include the one that followed just so you could post a funny gif :tup:

My point was that we're probably gonna go through a phase of motivation problems, probably a change of manager and most likely not winning that scudetto for 1-2 seasons at one point. Not because we haven't prepared for it (like zizinho explained), but because no matter how well you prepare for it it's kinda inevitable everytime you rip off the roots and plant new seeds.

IMO the spine is why a team like Juve succeeds, and a team like Inter is losing. They've spend hundreds of millions on great players, but they turn to shet without a Buffon and Chiellini to keep the group focused. That's why Milan fell and United fell aswell. You can buy the worlds best players and managers like United, but you cant really buy a ''team''.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Way to cherry pick that particular sentence and not include the one that followed just so you could post a funny gif :tup:

My point was that we're probably gonna go through a phase of motivation problems, probably a change of manager and most likely not winning that scudetto for 1-2 seasons at one point. Not because we haven't prepared for it (like zizinho explained), but because no matter how well you prepare for it it's kinda inevitable everytime you rip off the roots and plant new seeds.

IMO the spine is why a team like Juve succeeds, and a team like Inter is losing. They've spend hundreds of millions on great players, but they turn to shet without a Buffon and Chiellini to keep the group focused. That's why Milan fell and United fell aswell. You can buy the worlds best players and managers like United, but you cant really buy a ''team''.
Not winning the scudetto isnt the same as becoming like Milan. We have a good managemend, solid financial power, more than solid young players. I agree that sooner or later we will drop a scudetto or two, but no way we are becoming like the likes of meelan with Zapata, Poli, Montolivo, Abate, Menez etc. That was the part that I didnt agree with...

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Not winning the scudetto isnt the same as becoming like Milan. We have a good managemend, solid financial power, more than solid young players. I agree that sooner or later we will drop a scudetto or two, but no way we are becoming like the likes of meelan with Zapata, Poli, Montolivo, Abate, Menez etc. That was the part that I didnt agree with...
we have too much money compared to the rest to drop like Milan did. We may not win every year but i'm optimistic to say that we'll always fight for top3-top4 position.
Let's see what Inter will do. And someday or someway Napoli can't keep replacing goal machine scorer strikers one after another.

- - - Updated - - -

After saving everything Napoli cold throw at him, he lets that go in:sergio:
exactly what i thought. I mean it's basic to keep your legs crossed when doing that.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Yes, well I didn't mean that. Good we're on the same page. ''There's bound to be a Milan-esque downfall. Not as bad, but some kind of most likely.'' meant that after losing our core we'll most likely drop a scudetto or two, have a manager change probably and have a bit of trouble adjusting to some new players. That's it. Happens with every great team at least every 5-10 years.

But like it has been said earlier, I believe the downtime will be short due to the excellent management, scouting of new players and visions for the future the board has with all these new marketing campaigns and bold transfer choices.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
The biggest problem in the future is finding a italian core (4-5players) strong as the ones we had till now.
Next year we'll lose Buffon and Barzagli. Chiellini is going to be 33yrs old soon let's say he has 2 more season on him? considering all the problems he had in the past 2years.
Marchisio as well has 3 at best 4years but not as core member anymore.

as cbs we got Rugani and Bonucci which are reliable. We'll need to find a Goal Keeper as i don't think Neto it's long term solution.
Sadly so far i don't see much of italian talent in the midfield Verratti aside.
I like Baselli and Benassi. Galliardini looking decent at Inter but that's it.
While in atk positions Berardi,Bernardeschi and Belotti are getting better and Better. But in those positions we're filled with talents-big players.

Anyway we need a new Buffon and I don't see one atm. Donnarumma looks like Scuffet 2years ago before Udinese had its revenge on him for refusing a 15m transfer to Atletico Madrid.

If you ask about post Buffon I'd pick Oblak or De Gea but then again they're not italians.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I don't see there being any kind of downfall. When we lose the Scudetto it will be because some team will be very good and possibly more motivated than us.
well and why woudn't we keep on winning then?
Since first Conte we changed 3 teams. Think about it. We often changed our attack team almost every 2 years.
We sold Vidal-Pogba and Pirlo and replaced with Pjanic and Khedira.
In the years our biggest upgrade was on the flank with Alex Sandro. Before we had the average Evra and the bad De Ceglie

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Yes, well I didn't mean that. Good we're on the same page. ''There's bound to be a Milan-esque downfall. Not as bad, but some kind of most likely.'' meant that after losing our core we'll most likely drop a scudetto or two, have a manager change probably and have a bit of trouble adjusting to some new players. That's it. Happens with every great team at least every 5-10 years.

But like it has been said earlier, I believe the downtime will be short due to the excellent management, scouting of new players and visions for the future the board has with all these new marketing campaigns and bold transfer choices.
Now this I agree with. :agree:

Jun 6, 2015
well and why woudn't we keep on winning then?
Since first Conte we changed 3 teams. Think about it. We often changed our attack team almost every 2 years.
We sold Vidal-Pogba and Pirlo and replaced with Pjanic and Khedira.
In the years our biggest upgrade was on the flank with Alex Sandro. Before we had the average Evra and the bad De Ceglie
We will definitely keep winning but one year someone else will win it. Whether it's next year or in ten years time is anyones guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)