Serie A 2016/2017 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Bruno Peres: "The Scudetto? We can do it, is our aim."

Juan Jesus: “We’re a team with great quality and big ambitions and we have to prove it. Out of the last nine games, we’ve won eight. These results have made a positive difference to our group. We now believe in ourselves and we’re aiming for all our objectives: the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and the Europa League."

Perotti:"If you get used to winning is easier to think only of this, it gives you that extra step to get to the title. In a season like this you have to win all the games, 10-12 victories are not enough. We are going well, but we are only second and we have not yet done anything. It has been a beautiful year on a personal level, but now we just have to win and win. This must start on Sunday against Sampdoria, it will be a very tough match. But these are the games to win, those that can give you the Scudetto."

Rudiger: "Of course we want to become champions of Italy again one day. But this year the Coppa Italia and the Europa League are also still possible.”

Luciano Spaghetti: "Roma’s Scudetto hopes possible this season? I will just say I get the sensation we are serious about this, our players are serious and the fans have realised we are serious.

“There’s this atmosphere you breathe in when you exit the training ground, it’s confirmed by the number of fans who attended the Sampdoria game (in the Coppa Italia on Thursday).

We feel this wind lifting us up and we don’t know where it can take us, but it means we have to do everything for Roma. This is a serious team that is doing things for real.”

:rofl:
Well ,Rudiger got a point here. Spalleti also......:rofl: I believe Rudiger ,to be honest,"one day they will win the Scudetto":rofl:..... ,when ,not in far future........

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
That's the difference between our players and theirs. Ours always talk about working hard in training and on the pitch to reach objectives and always talk about being careful when it comes to overconfidence. Their deluded fucks already have a treble in the bag according to how hard their fans blow them after winning.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's the difference between our players and theirs. Ours always talk about working hard in training and on the pitch to reach objectives and always talk about being careful when it comes to overconfidence. Their deluded fucks already have a treble in the bag according to how hard their fans blow them after winning.
Dzeko actually mentioned this recently. Said this: "If you win three games you've won the Scudetto, if you lose one everything's terrible."

And he's so correct about Roma fans and most of their players too. They go on a little run of good form, and all of a sudden this is the year they beat Juve to the scudetto.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Dzeko actually mentioned this recently. Said this: "If you win three games you've won the Scudetto, if you lose one everything's terrible."

And he's so correct about Roma fans and most of their players too. They go on a little run of good form, and all of a sudden this is the year they beat Juve to the scudetto.
He is spot on. All you gotta do is read Roma forums. Haha. It's always a combination of the coach being an ass, players who last week were world class not being good enough now, and Juve getting favors.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I swear we say the same stuff about these teams every year. They don't have the mentality, they are mental midgets who don't understand winning.

I suppose one day the trend has to break, doesn't it? Juve can't win every year, keep that desire up to win 7-10 scudetti, surely? If anything I'd say that Roma and Napoli are in danger of missing their best chance to win the scudetto if they don't in the next two seasons, because Juve have a years long advantage over everyone, and the Chinese will put money into the Milan clubs.

Milan of course could win everything in sight once they get their squad upgrade :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I swear we say the same stuff about these teams every year. They don't have the mentality, they are mental midgets who don't understand winning.

I suppose one day the trend has to break, doesn't it? Juve can't win every year, keep that desire up to win 7-10 scudetti, surely? If anything I'd say that Roma and Napoli are in danger of missing their best chance to win the scudetto if they don't in the next two seasons, because Juve have a years long advantage over everyone, and the Chinese will put money into the Milan clubs.

Milan of course could win everything in sight once they get their squad upgrade :tup:
Someone else will win a scudetto in the next 3 years. I'd bet on it. Marotta and Paratici have done a good job of slowly revitalizing our squad with young players. We have guys like Dybala, Rugani, Sandro, Pjanic, Pjaca that will form the nucleus of the team for a long time if we manage to keep them... and then established starters that still have 4-5 good years left like Marchisio, Higuain, Bonucci... possibly Khedira and Chiellini as well... Maybe Benatia if we buy him... but eventually we will have a lull, perhaps when Buffon retires, or have a rough year where things just don't go our way, and one of these teams will finally take advantage. Whether that be Inter or Milan, 2-3 years, Napoli or Roma next year... I have no idea, but it will happen. It has to... Right? :p

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you look at the most dominant teams in the top 4 leagues in the past 60 years the consecutive winning streaks are as follows:

7 - Lyon (2001/02 - 2007/08)
5 - Juventus (2011/12 - 2015/16), Real Madrid (1960/61 - 1964/65)
4 - PSG (2012/13 - 2015/16), Bayern (2012/13 - 2015/16), Barcelona (1990/91 - 1993/94), Marseille (1988/89 - 1991/92), St. Etienne (1966/67 - 1969/70)

No English team has won it more than 3 times in a row (Liverpool & United)

Quite a difficult thing to maintain unless you are a weak league or are a particular exceptional team. I think Juve fall somewhere in-between but with an exceptional winning mentality, and a second deep run in the CL would perhaps push us more towards being an exceptional team of recent years. For example that dominant Lyon team got to the quarter finals a couple of times, but we should be going for semis minimum.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Milan regressed when their core of Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta etc. retired/left/got old.
Manchester United regressed when their core of Vidic/Rio/Evra/Scholes/Giggs/SAF retired/left/got old.
Inter regresed when their core of Cambiasso/Zanetti/Materazzi/Eto'o/Mourinho retired/left/got old.

When Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Lichsteiner and Marchisio start retiring/getting too old there's bound to be a Milan-esque downfall. Not as bad, but some kind of most likely. We have Bonucci for a couple of years after that and Rugani as an experienced youth product of ours, but there's gonna be a shortage of Italian leaders who have carried the Juve badge for over 5+ years, and have been then main reason we have not regressed over the past 5 years. Keeping a core of some loyal Italian players is what we need. It's what has separated us, and the Milan teams, and judging by the recent comments from Pioli they've noticed that too.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Milan regressed when their core of Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta etc. retired/left/got old.
Manchester United regressed when their core of Vidic/Rio/Evra/Scholes/Giggs/SAF retired/left/got old.
Inter regresed when their core of Cambiasso/Zanetti/Materazzi/Eto'o/Mourinho retired/left/got old.

When Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Lichsteiner and Marchisio start retiring/getting too old there's bound to be a Milan-esque downfall. Not as bad, but some kind of most likely. We have Bonucci for a couple of years after that and Rugani as an experienced youth product of ours, but there's gonna be a shortage of Italian leaders who have carried the Juve badge for over 5+ years, and have been then main reason we have not regressed over the past 5 years. Keeping a core of some loyal Italian players is what we need. It's what has separated us, and the Milan teams, and judging by the recent comments from Pioli they've noticed that too.

I cant see that happening.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah dont see that happening either. Milan lost like half their squad in one mercato while replacing them with no one basically. Union were buying crap players for years in Fergusons final seasons and once their WC starting XI started declining/retiring/leaving they were left with a mediocre squad. Juve? We have already replaced like half our core from the CL final reaching squad and even improved some positions. Barzagli leaves we have Mehdi, Chiellini leaves we have Rugani. Caldara is also there. We are getting a new LB to replace Evra (Kolasinac probably), we have Lirola for RB and will most likely buy someone else too in the next 2 mercatos. Pjanic, Tolisso(?), Paredes(?), Lemina (?), Sturaro, Bentancur, Mandragora, Sensi + we almost always buy a new star when a starter leaves. Attack with Dybala and Higuain is settled for 5 years atleast, Berardi will probably come, Pjaca is there too. Cuadrado will be here for another 4-5 years. We still need to find a Buffon replacement and that will be hard, but we wont suddenly become EL contenders because we lost one starter, a GK at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)