[Serie A, 1st round] JUVENTUS 2-1 Fiorentina [20-Aug-2016] (2 Viewers)

M.O.T.M

• Alves

• Chiellini

• Lemina

• Asamoah

• Khedira

• Higuain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike C

Jul 28, 2016
I think we have the players we need to be successful, it's about combining them right. Lemina did well as a defensive mid, he took some decent shots towards the end, but he wasn't there to be creative. Asa did well picking up stray balls and passing, but not creative. Khedira was creative and scored a great goal, hopefully his leg doesn't give out next week. Higuain did what he's supposed to and finished. He wasn't amazing, but did his job adequately for first game. I don't feel that we are missing pogba from this team, we have lots of crosses from each side. Mid could be more creative, but that is more of a luxury than necessity. Sandro made a few errors but he is still learning and will get there. I saw dybala back too much sometimes, I like the effort, but he needs to be upfront more in order to give us that spark. Hernanes was The worst thing on two legs to ever wear a jersey. I hate him. If he interested in seeing pjaca in the midfield as an attacking player, but he is young and allegri should do the dybala on introducing him. He will get there. My .02 we did well and only an error with that one goal. :tup: good start to season!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I am so happy about Asa.He is the old one.Was dissapointed about Lemina.Bad game aside from that two shots.And again first shot on our goal and we concede.Anyway it's good that we win.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Khedira and asamoah stood out well in a midfield which may have raised question marks. Lemina was OK too, loved couple of his shots but we really should learn to dominate more. That first half we should have been atleast 2 up.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I didn't think our midfield looked that bad? I think Asamoah and Khedira were the best players on the field. Obviously it'll look even better when Pjanic and Marchisio are back, but it still performed well IMO.

Good start, much better than last seasons horror show against Udinese. Didn't like how we sat back in the second half, not sure if it was under instruction from Allegri or if the players are not 100% fit yet and were "conserving energy". Certainly didn't take us long to get our lead back, great finish from Gonzalo.

Jun 6, 2015
So statistically we lost out on dispossed and dribbles. Well dribbles will be fixed in no time with cuadrado and (pjaca) but in hindsight truth lies in the numbers we so need to get our midfield battler in to disposses more often.
What are you talking about? So you want our players to be dispossessed more often :shifty:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Unfortunately unable to see the game (fake fan, yes).
How did we really do, bar the 3 points?
Why didn't Pjanic not play?
How was Lemina?
Slick first half, could and should have been up by 2 goals or more.

Meh second half, sat back (due to tactics and lack of match fitness) and got punished by Violas only attempt on target, Higuain scores 10 mins after coming on. Close game out.

Pjanic didn't play as a precaution. Lemina was OK, a bit iffy with his long passing, but generally OK in short passing and defensive duties, had a couple of good shots on target at the end. Prefer him in the mezz'ala role.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Bravo Pipita for goal - but i don't like that he isn't working in defence.
I'm surprised more people aren't concerned about this. Dybala last season was so successful because he was able to Maximilian his abilities because Morata and Mandzukic both work so hard at CF. Higuain on the other hand is one of the laziest CFs in the league

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)