[Serie A, 19th round] Crotone 0-2 JUVENTUS [8th February, 2017] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Rugani

• Asamoah

• Rincon

• Higuain

• Mandzukic

• D. Alves

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #62

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    It is indeed a great time, I am definitely watching this one.

- - - Updated - - -

My wish is to win.
    That wish will be easily be granted, without jinxing us, but Crotone together with Pescara should never been promoted to Serie A, nowhere near the required level.

But one of my wishes, more like coriousity, to see Mandragora to get few minutes, wont be granted, he isnt even called up for the game. Odd since he was called up for Inter...

- - - Updated - - -

I expect that Allegri might try out Sturaro at AMR since Stu is our new Padoin. Hernanes is gone, Pjanič can rotate with both CM's and Dybala and Asa is a LB so it's not that much imo
    You arent far the truth, except other flank:

“We have to start with Crotone,” Allegri said in his pre-match Press conference.

“Crotone are a team which has lost a lot of matches in the final stages of games.

They conceded the first goal against Inter in Milan in the 37th minute of the second half, they drew in Florence when they’d been winning until the last minute.

“So what does this mean? It means that this is a very well-organised, well-balanced team who are difficult to score goals against.

“They play a very linear 4-4-2, but it’s very difficult to break them down so we’ll need to play correctly tomorrow, with great patience because if we don’t unlock the game at the beginning there will be time to do it later.

“It won’t be an easy game, but we have to get a result because otherwise the three points we got against Inter will have been thrown into the sea.

“This team is very responsible, we trained well this morning. There will be some changes because [Giorgio] Chiellini will be left at home to rest.

“[Medhi] Benatia is back and [Andrea] Barzagli is in good condition after being down with the flu for three days. [Claudio] Marchisio won’t be called because he had a back problem after Sunday’s game and he hasn’t trained for two days.

“That’s part of a process which always occurs after an injury, nothing we haven’t seen before.

“[Mario] Lemina won’t be called, nor will [Rolando] Mandragora, but they’ve been training with the team and will be with us full-time from Thursday.

“There will be some changes, because I need fresh faces both physically and mentally, even if the team is fine physically.

“It could be that Pjaca plays from the start of the game.

“Benatia is fine after the Africa Cup of Nations, notwithstanding the two days of illness he had. Tomorrow he or [Daniele] Rugani will play, one of the two will take the field.

“I have five central defenders of the highest level, and rather than a hierarchy we have a lot of games.

“The important thing is that they all maintain the level they have now, because that means that whoever I choose will definitely be right and will always lead to a good performance.

“Will Juan Cuadrado be rested? [Paulo] Dybala can play on the right, he played there for a bit on Sunday, while Pjaca always plays there for the Croatian national team.

“Tomorrow Lichtsteiner should be rested and Dani Alves will come back in.

“Stefano Sturaro? We’re not going to overdo it. He could play, but it’s likely Mario Mandzukic will continue to play left-wing.”

Will it be difficult to face Crotone after such a huge game against Inter?

“The transition from Inter to Crotone is easy, because three points against Crotone are worth the same as three points against Inter.

“We’ve already slipped up in Genoa, Parma two years ago when we lost 1-0 and even though we’re fewer points clear now we’re in the same situation.

“We dropped points at home to Frosinone last season, we lost the penultimate game to Verona even though we were champions already but now we have a goal to achieve.

“So if we don't face tomorrow in the right way…

“I’m sure that tomorrow the lads will the match in a different way, especially at the start. So everything comes down to the approach, if the approach is right then the match will go accordingly.

“If it becomes a difficult game along the way, then we’ll need to put in three times the effort. We need to try and play a correct match and I’m sure the lads will do it.”

-----------------------------------

Lots of info given there, most telling of all is he doesnt consider Sturaro as CM in 4-2-3-1 (too limited technicaly for sure, more use as a runner), he mentions him more as an alternative for Mandzukic, a hardworking runner for balance as left winger lol (kinda like when he mentionned sturaro for LWF for 4-3-3 lol), that would be a trainwreck too but for Allegri that role is probably close to the box to box pressurring runner Sturaro was for him in 4-3-1-2 as LCM.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
    That wish will be easily be granted, without jinxing us, but Crotone together with Pescara should never been promoted to Serie A, nowhere near the required level.

But one of my wishes, more like coriousity, to see Mandragora to get few minutes, wont be granted, he isnt even called up for the game. Odd since he was called up for Inter...

- - - Updated - - -

“We have to start with Crotone,” Allegri said in his pre-match Press conference.

“Crotone are a team which has lost a lot of matches in the final stages of games.

They conceded the first goal against Inter in Milan in the 37th minute of the second half, they drew in Florence when they’d been winning until the last minute.

“So what does this mean? It means that this is a very well-organised, well-balanced team who are difficult to score goals against.

“They play a very linear 4-4-2, but it’s very difficult to break them down so we’ll need to play correctly tomorrow, with great patience because if we don’t unlock the game at the beginning there will be time to do it later.

“It won’t be an easy game, but we have to get a result because otherwise the three points we got against Inter will have been thrown into the sea.

“This team is very responsible, we trained well this morning. There will be some changes because [Giorgio] Chiellini will be left at home to rest.

“[Medhi] Benatia is back and [Andrea] Barzagli is in good condition after being down with the flu for three days. [Claudio] Marchisio won’t be called because he had a back problem after Sunday’s game and he hasn’t trained for two days.

“That’s part of a process which always occurs after an injury, nothing we haven’t seen before.

“[Mario] Lemina won’t be called, nor will [Rolando] Mandragora, but they’ve been training with the team and will be with us full-time from Thursday.

“There will be some changes, because I need fresh faces both physically and mentally, even if the team is fine physically.

“Benatia is fine after the Africa Cup of Nations, notwithstanding the two days of illness he had. Tomorrow he or [Daniele] Rugani will play, one of the two will take the field.

“I have five central defenders of the highest level, and rather than a hierarchy we have a lot of games.

“The important thing is that they all maintain the level they have now, because that means that whoever I choose will definitely be right and will always lead to a good performance.

“Will Juan Cuadrado be rested? [Paulo] Dybala can play on the right, he played there for a bit on Sunday, while Pjaca always plays there for the Croatian national team.

“Stefano Sturaro? We’re not going to overdo it. He could play, but it’s likely Mario Mandzukic will continue to play left-wing.”

“The transition from Inter to Crotone is easy, because three points against Crotone are worth the same as three points against Inter.

“We’ve already slipped up in Genoa, Parma two years ago when we lost 1-0 and even though we’re fewer points clear now we’re in the same situation.

“We dropped points at home to Frosinone last season, we lost the penultimate game to Verona even though we were champions already but now we have a goal to achieve.

“I’m sure that tomorrow the lads will the match in a different way, especially at the start. So everything comes down to the approach, if the approach is right then the match will go accordingly.

“If it becomes a difficult game along the way, then we’ll need to put in three times the effort. We need to try and play a correct match and I’m sure the lads will do it.”

Lots of info given there, most telling of all is he doesnt consider Sturaro as CM in 4-2-3-1 (too limited technicaly for sure, more use as a runner), he mentions him more as an alternative for Mandzukic, a hardworking runner for balance as left winger lol (kinda like when he mentionned sturaro for LWF for 4-3-3 lol), that would be a trainwreck too but for Allegri that role is probably close to the box to box pressurring runner Sturaro was for him in 4-3-1-2 as LCM.
    Rincon could do that.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    Pjaca will start
    We should integrate him slowly. No reason to put to much pressure on the player. Also Cuad,Mandzu, Dybala and Gonzalo needs to play all the time so the formation can gel. We cant risk it all by playing a kid.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Lord Pjaca will deliver.

About Sturaro, it seems allegri doesnt want to play him in a 2 man midfield. I would not like him as a pseudo mandz, he has othing to do there as he has no technique and is shid. As i have said before..train him as a RB because there he will do the less damage, and he has acceptable crosses. He is not bad but he just cant attack..so limit him to defend.

That, or continue using him as an strict DM and see how he fares. But wasting our left wing with him is terribad.

- - - Updated - - -

We should integrate him slowly. No reason to put to much pressure on the player. Also Cuad,Mandzu, Dybala and Gonzalo needs to play all the time so the formation can gel. We cant risk it all by playing a kid.
    I think this is a god match to integrate him. he has been waiting for more than half a season (albeit injured), but still. he is not a primavera boy btw, he should be tested.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Crotone president wants to stop Juve for Napoli. I like it when they start talking.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009

Falcinelli :scared:

Barberis :scared:

And...Mesbah :scared: ::lol3:: Remember when he used to play for Meeelaaahn? :dielaugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Juve's welcome in Calabria

[video=twitter;829180664746561537]https://twitter.com/IFTVXtra/status/829180664746561537[/video]

:touched: @Mark @Hustini

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    Didn't Allegri say Stu won't play in a midfield duo? The fuck is he doing there?

I want el General to start this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)