[Seria A] Juventus - Milan (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Altair said:
Which begs the mother of questions: why support a team and not the other? entertainment is relative, and especially in football. i dont know about you but i have been watching juve play for almost 20 years now, not on the internet or teletext but watch. you dont find entertainment in tactical assignments and midfield struggle: I do. You single out one game out of the whole season: I dont. teams enter the league to win it, and Juve is on a historical track to do just that; if such feats are not "entertaining" enough I suggest you save your time, energy, and the 30 quids a year you spend on this team.
I don't think you should be giving people "suggestions" on which club to support, or how they support the club of their choice. There is much more to Juventus than just winning and it's a shame there are fans who cannot respect the views of others who wish our side would just be a bit more convincing. I'm sorry, however playing like crap all season long is not the Juventus tradition.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Andy said:
I don't think you should be giving people "suggestions" on which club to support, or how they support the club of their choice. There is much more to Juventus than just winning and it's a shame there are fans who cannot respect the views of others who wish our side would just be a bit more convincing. I'm sorry, however playing like crap all season long is not the Juventus tradition.

Please elaborate on this juventus tradition you speak of. One very simple concept is once the choice is made no backpeddling is tolerated. Juventus was never about fast open play for the past 20 years i watched them, and i doubt they were before that. Our fortes are resillience, tactical discipline, and a strong D a l'italianna. "a bit more convincing" what the hell does that mean? And please stop with the martyring everytime one's criticized for whining. We are talking about a specific instance here: the juve-milan game, try to stay on course and tell me how our result accompanied by our performence was a bad thing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Altair said:
Please elaborate on this juventus tradition you speak of.
Pretty simple really, and I already stated the reason just prior to that. Under Lippi and Trapattoni we never looked as perpetually miserable as we do now despite the good results in SERIE A. Our results were indeed achieved by typical hard work, passion, and fighting spirit that Juventus success is built upon, however also looked thoroughly convincing (don't know it, look it up) in Serie A and Europe. And if wins in Italy without anything else is what you want, then that is what you shall recieve with Capello in charge.

One very simple concept is once the choice is made no backpeddling is tolerated. Juventus was never about fast open play for the past 20 years i watched them, and i doubt they were before that. Our fortes are resillience, tactical discipline, and a strong D a l'italianna.
Did I ever say it wasn't? Please re-read my post and all the others I have made and tell me whether I said anything to contrary. Fucking of course Juventus is not about fast play and exciting free-for-all tactics...why even dig such a lame argument up like that? I mean where do you get this stuff from? Under Lippi we played with discipline and resillience and had a convincing side to boot apart from a couple seasons. And hey, we actually did something in Europe besides lose out pathetically to Liverpool and almost crash out against Werder Bremen. And you know what...I didn't see much of a fight from our players and manager in those matches, and our fighting spirit is indeed one of our "fortes" as well. At least it damned should be.

We are talking about a specific instance here: the juve-milan game, try to stay on course and tell me how our result accompanied by our performence was a bad thing.
Ahh, yet in your prior post you didn't say a single word about the Milan match, did you. Nope, that's what I thought. You simply "suggested" people should not support this club in their own way because you disagree with their opinion on the proceedings. So please answer to that first before you suddenly back-track.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Andy said:
Pretty simple really, and I already stated the reason just prior to that. Under Lippi and Trapattoni we never looked as perpetually miserable as we do now despite the good results in SERIE A. Our results were indeed achieved by typical hard work, passion, and fighting spirit that Juventus success is built upon, however also looked thoroughly convincing (don't know it, look it up) in Serie A and Europe. And if wins in Italy without anything else is what you want, then that is what you shall recieve with Capello in charge.

Did I ever say it wasn't? Please re-read my post and all the others I have made and tell me whether I said anything to contrary. Fucking of course Juventus is not about fast play and exciting free-for-all tactics...why even dig such a lame argument up like that? I mean where do you get this stuff from? Under Lippi we played with discipline and resillience and had a convincing side to boot apart from a couple seasons. And hey, we actually did something in Europe besides lose out pathetically to Liverpool and almost crash out against Werder Bremen. And you know what...I didn't see much of a fight from our players and manager in those matches, and our fighting spirit is indeed one of our "fortes" as well. At least it damned should be.

Ahh, yet in your prior post you didn't say a single word about the Milan match, did you. Nope, that's what I thought. You simply "suggested" people should not support this club in their own way because you disagree with their opinion on the proceedings. So please answer to that first before you suddenly back-track.

Still dodging the question. Well it's very obvious that you cannot argue results with Cap, so let's start spewing generalities and obscure references that are as documented as the case of iraq having WMD's. So we lost to the same liverpool that knocked out chelsea and beat Milan in the final to win it all, embarassing? hardly. and in our opinion there was no fighting spirit in the second leg against werder? Gimme a break. As far as the trap/lippi eras i wonder how much you've watched. I saw trap's second spell with us and it was simply awful. As for lippi, how many times did we lose out to the deportivo's of the world in Europe?? As for my response, you again chose to conveniently ignore my first post which was later commented on by denco. So once again Andy in clear plain english what do you mean by "convincing"?

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
Altair said:
Still dodging the question. Well it's very obvious that you cannot argue results with Cap, so let's start spewing generalities and obscure references that are as documented as the case of iraq having WMD's. So we lost to the same liverpool that knocked out chelsea and beat Milan in the final to win it all, embarassing? hardly. and in our opinion there was no fighting spirit in the second leg against werder? Gimme a break. As far as the trap/lippi eras i wonder how much you've watched. I saw trap's second spell with us and it was simply awful. As for lippi, how many times did we lose out to the deportivo's of the world in Europe?? As for my response, you again chose to conveniently ignore my first post which was later commented on by denco. So once again Andy in clear plain english what do you mean by "convincing"?
i agree with u 100%
i have been watching juve since 1981 snd yes they still have the same mentalities and approaching
no entertainment but reality and thats the difference between basketball and football

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I think the entertainment factor is now more realised now coz Barca are considered favourites for the CL and they are an all-gunz-blazin kinda team....but 4 me, I've been watchin JUVE since 1994 and I've never had a big problem with our stlye especially since we've usually got the results required - aside from 99/00when we landed 6th. IMO we have rough spells and not rough seasons and this season has been no exception 4 me

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Lippi's team could be a defensive bitch when we had to be,
but could also be, occasionaly, smth more pleasant to watch,
for Juve, the result, has always been and will be, the first priority,
but we seem now, more plain than ever, even when we have the option not to be...
esp the derbies against Inter was smth very enjoyable to watch...

Also there is another change that i dislike in this Cap team,
we have abonded the quick pass possesive football wich allowed some moments of technical inspirations/combinations from some of our players,
for a more physical aproach and EPL like run and gun/long ball tactics...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Cronios said:
Lippi's team could be a defensive bitch when we had to be,
but could also be, occasionaly, smth more pleasant to watch,
for Juve, the result, has always been and will be, the first priority,
but we seem now, more plain than ever, even when we have the option not to be...
esp the derbies against Inter was smth very enjoyable to watch...

Also there is another change that i dislike in this Cap team,
we have abonded the quick pass possesive football wich allowed some moments of technical inspirations/combinations from some of our players,
for a more physical aproach and EPL like run and gun/long ball tactics...
Agreed!

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #1,171
    Altair said:
    Which begs the mother of questions: why support a team and not the other? entertainment is relative, and especially in football. i dont know about you but i have been watching juve play for almost 20 years now, not on the internet or teletext but watch. you dont find entertainment in tactical assignments and midfield struggle: I do. You single out one game out of the whole season: I dont. teams enter the league to win it, and Juve is on a historical track to do just that; if such feats are not "entertaining" enough I suggest you save your time, energy, and the 30 quids a year you spend on this team.
    well said, I am not watching Juve for 20 years like you, but it's been more than 10. Like you said, I never watched any "atacking" Juve till now, ofcourse some matches were like that, but in general Juve plays mostly this way, boring, defensive, sits back and defends when is leading the game. Nothing has changed, and I am ok with that.

And I wasn't expecting to see any change against Milan, what Capello did was the wisest thing to do. To play carefull, and block them, in this stage, it would be a suicide to risk the game, it's not us who wanted to win this game and failed, it was milan who needed it. It's Milan who failed to earn the 3 points and not us, even if it was in Delle alpi.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    juventus ARE a defensive team.we are masters at completley shutting down the opposition at the expense of not expressing our attacking flair.and even though watching barcelona or roma in full flow is more entertaining than seeing a juventus team in full flow,but styles of play have their own attractivness.
    we are masters of the negative game,something that has been a feature of italian football for a very long time.

we are defensive and boring to watch,but if we werent,we just wouldnt be juventus.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Del Piero shows title caution
    Tuesday 14 March, 2006
    Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero insists that his club still haven’t done enough to retain Lo Scudetto.

The Bianconeri are now expected to win their 29th League title after Sunday’s 0-0 draw against nearest rivals Milan left them 10 points clear with nine games to go.

But the cautious Italian international maintains that he and his teammates have a few more games to win yet.

“It is right and obvious for the newspapers to say that we’ve won it, but we know that our march is not complete,” he warned.

The No 10 started the Delle Alpi showdown on the bench and even his introduction at half-time failed to add any spark to a very tactical battle.

“The poor state of the pitch hampered both sides out there,” defended the club legend. “It was a tough game but the result saw us maintain our advantage and we are therefore very satisfied.”

Del Piero is now obviously aiming to collect his seventh Scudetto and his second Champions League, yet he has one eye on his summer holiday.

“I hope to go to Germany and I hope that Italy have a great World Cup,” said the man who should be selected in Marcello Lippi’s squad.

“I prefer to not say that I will play, but I believe in my qualities and I aim to give my best every time I step on to the field of play.”

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    axlrose85 said:
    juventus ARE a defensive team.we are masters at completley shutting down the opposition at the expense of not expressing our attacking flair.and even though watching barcelona or roma in full flow is more entertaining than seeing a juventus team in full flow,but styles of play have their own attractivness.
    we are masters of the negative game,something that has been a feature of italian football for a very long time.

we are defensive and boring to watch,but if we werent,we just wouldnt be juventus.
    I guess we are trying to be like this, but we are surly not masters of doing that.. just remember the games against Bremen

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Altair said:
    good post brother.. +rep

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Azzurri7 said:
    Del Piero shows title caution
    Tuesday 14 March, 2006
    Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero insists that his club still haven’t done enough to retain Lo Scudetto.

The Bianconeri are now expected to win their 29th League title after Sunday’s 0-0 draw against nearest rivals Milan left them 10 points clear with nine games to go.

But the cautious Italian international maintains that he and his teammates have a few more games to win yet.

“It is right and obvious for the newspapers to say that we’ve won it, but we know that our march is not complete,” he warned.

The No 10 started the Delle Alpi showdown on the bench and even his introduction at half-time failed to add any spark to a very tactical battle.

“The poor state of the pitch hampered both sides out there,” defended the club legend. “It was a tough game but the result saw us maintain our advantage and we are therefore very satisfied.”

Del Piero is now obviously aiming to collect his seventh Scudetto and his second Champions League, yet he has one eye on his summer holiday.

“I hope to go to Germany and I hope that Italy have a great World Cup,” said the man who should be selected in Marcello Lippi’s squad.

“I prefer to not say that I will play, but I believe in my qualities and I aim to give my best every time I step on to the field of play.”
    wise words from the Legend

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well said altair

everyone is talking abt beaing realist, thats wat capello is looking for, u cant expect him to go into this game and attack only to take "revenge" on Milan, thats a bit childish i think.
    Like many ppl here could remember in season 2000, we had a 9 point lead over lazio if i remember correctly and there were many games left for the season.We lost the title in the last day(we were a bit unlucky) but again we had a sufficient lead and we blew it away.

This could happen again, but why everyone isnt thinking abt that ? cuz unlike the ancelloti days we r solid as hell with cap. And the scudetto looks closer to us than years before.

We r not a pretty team to watch, never was never will.Juve players play with heart and i think we still show that in this season. We r still a tacitcally disciplined team and the milan game was the best example.
    How do ppl think we got 28 scudettos? becuz this team is based on the winning mentality. Roma &lazio can have their beautiful football , milan have their playmaker football or watever, and i dont know wat Inter have. But we have our winning mentality, a win over all odds.
    Cap brought that to juve over the past two seasons.

But we also have the habit of taking small names in football and turning them into big names, but we didnt see that this season and i certainly didnt appreciete it. But that was mainly due to our focus on the CL and we needed a much needed experience all over the field.

abt the milan game, why do u guys think he put mutu not camo? to use his speed to exploit the spaces left behind serginho. He was disappointing but he dismissed the attacking problems caused by serginho.
    He got alex in the 2nd half cuz we needed someone to hold the ball more in the forward line and ibra didnt do that. And he did.
    Unlike the bremen game, neddy didnt cut inside alot cuz we needed to be wider our midfielders on wider positions, cuz the midfield was to conjusted with milan players. And their full backs arent the best of defenders too.

Choosing cheillini over balza was the better option and many ppl here would agree he was the better option defensively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)