[Seria A] Juventus - Milan (1 Viewer)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Del Piero shows title caution
Tuesday 14 March, 2006
Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero insists that his club still haven’t done enough to retain Lo Scudetto.

The Bianconeri are now expected to win their 29th League title after Sunday’s 0-0 draw against nearest rivals Milan left them 10 points clear with nine games to go.

But the cautious Italian international maintains that he and his teammates have a few more games to win yet.

“It is right and obvious for the newspapers to say that we’ve won it, but we know that our march is not complete,” he warned.

The No 10 started the Delle Alpi showdown on the bench and even his introduction at half-time failed to add any spark to a very tactical battle.

“The poor state of the pitch hampered both sides out there,” defended the club legend. “It was a tough game but the result saw us maintain our advantage and we are therefore very satisfied.”

Del Piero is now obviously aiming to collect his seventh Scudetto and his second Champions League, yet he has one eye on his summer holiday.

“I hope to go to Germany and I hope that Italy have a great World Cup,” said the man who should be selected in Marcello Lippi’s squad.

“I prefer to not say that I will play, but I believe in my qualities and I aim to give my best every time I step on to the field of play.”
He is the man!!!Restrain,Power,Certainty,and good thinking...those words represent our Il Capitano Del Piero!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Altair said:
Which begs the mother of questions: why support a team and not the other? entertainment is relative, and especially in football. i dont know about you but i have been watching juve play for almost 20 years now, not on the internet or teletext but watch. you dont find entertainment in tactical assignments and midfield struggle: I do. You single out one game out of the whole season: I dont. teams enter the league to win it, and Juve is on a historical track to do just that; if such feats are not "entertaining" enough I suggest you save your time, energy, and the 30 quids a year you spend on this team.
Yes entertainment is realtive and it depends on what you clas as entertaining football. It is nt necessarily all out attack. I do not consider Arsenal beating middlesboro as entertaining as only 1 team was in it. But whatis not entertaining no matter how much you wanna sugar coat is our displays generally under Capello. Not just Milan where the performance was just anaemic but against even the so called smaller teams. Everytime somebody mentions that we should play with a bit more flair , Barcelona is always mentioned, who expects us to play like Barcelona? Protecting a 10 point advantage is fair enough with 18 games or so to go but to play that way with 9 games to go at home , with 1 man advantage and with Milan still with their attacking trio is mind boggling. Tactics? what tactics does Capello employ? You have been watching Juve for 20 years you say, well I have too, and under Trapatoni we were not the most glamorous but we sure did have a hell of a team with some very good performances, be it with Platini, Boniek, Rossi Scirea and Gentile or in his second spell with Baggio, Vialli et al. We won Uefa in his second spell with tactics and a bit of flair. you mention losing to Deportivo, is Depor a bad team? Did they not beat Milan 4-0 after losing 4-1 in Milan? Has any performance under Capello reached the heights of beating Real Madrid 3-1? Under Trapatoni and Lippi we won scudetti and Cl and with style in a lot of matches, value for money both in entertainment and tactics and results. But under this guy allwe do is just win without conviction and when we do lose , we lose without so much of a whimper way too many times, why cos he cannot change tact to change course of big games

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I dont think peeps in here who disagree about Capello's tactics and position as coach will ever agree.
If we can manage 2 win a scudetto under him and be on course 4 yet another consecutively with a great season result-wise and yet still say he's shit then I cant see anything changing their minds... not even the CL.
I would just expect "Lippi would have done it better"or "Trap would have done it better" etc
FORZA JUVE!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
With the playes he has at his disposal , he should be doing it with more style , that is the main problem. Lippi did it with worse squads but better football while at Milan , Capello went the whole season without losing a game but most of it was 1-0 boring wins and that took away from his achievements with the squad he had .
Why do you say great season result wise? Why not just say great season? Proving my point is that its just reasults that have made us impressive not our style of play. Like it or not, it does count.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
denco said:
With the playes he has at his disposal , he should be doing it with more style , that is the main problem. Lippi did it with worse squads but better football while at Milan , Capello went the whole season without losing a game but most of it was 1-0 boring wins and that took away from his achievements with the squad he had .
Why do you say great season result wise? Why not just say great season? Proving my point is that its just reasults that have made us impressive not our style of play. Like it or not, it does count.
Not saying anything, but wasn't his Milan described as you did in 1994? And wasn't Romario/Stoichkov's Barcelona described the opposite? And we all know what happened in the final.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Jeeks said:
Not saying anything, but wasn't his Milan described as you did in 1994? And wasn't Romario/Stoichkov's Barcelona described the opposite? And we all know what happened in the final.
To counter that , would you say Liverpool of last season were the most exciting? But did they not take part in arguably the most exciting cl final? That day was aone off cos Cruyff totally disrespected Milan not only because he was disparaging of Italian football but the fact that Baresi and Costacurta would miss that final as well just brought in too much complacency.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
denco said:
To counter that , would you say Liverpool of last season were the most exciting? But did they not take part in arguably the most exciting cl final? That day was aone off cos Cruyff totally disrespected Milan not only because he was disparaging of Italian football but the fact that Baresi and Costacurta would miss that final as well just brought in too much complacency.
The fact that the reputation of Barcelona back then as being the best attacking team would play Milan whose reputation was the most defensive/boring team made Cruyff disrespect Capello. Rijkaard as well can do like Cruyff.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Jeeks said:
The fact that the reputation of Barcelona back then as being the best attacking team would play Milan whose reputation was the most defensive/boring team made Cruyff disrespect Capello. Rijkaard as well can do like Cruyff.
Are you not counting your chickens too soon? There is a whole lot of football to be played before either team will get to the final

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
denco said:
Are you not counting your chickens too soon? There is a whole lot of football to be played before either team will get to the final
True, but I just wanted to make a comparison, history tend to repeat itself.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
denco said:
IMO, results have definately been the good side of things - with performances being more erratic & I feel that this is'nt out of the ordinary as I've always felt like we r a workman-like side but I do get what u mean. Though 2 ME Lippi's squad was almost of equal calibre - we even lost a final with Zidane at(or close to) his prime so faultering performances are'nt that shocking to me,especially in the CL.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Denco u say there werent any good performances under cap? both inter games this year, the Roma game, and the 2nd bayern game.

And how come ur always saying this squad is better than the squads that trap had or lippi had.Lippi in his first season had one of the best squads in history and we only won the league in the last day

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
sateeh said:
Denco u say there werent any good performances under cap? both inter games this year, the Roma game, and the 2nd bayern game.

And how come ur always saying this squad is better than the squads that trap had or lippi had.Lippi in his first season had one of the best squads in history and we only won the league in the last day
Lippi brought in Sousa and Deschamps, Fusi from Napoli with Ferrara and Tacchinardi from Atalanta. Baggio was injured cos of his wc exploits so he was missing for large chunks of the season, Deshamps was injured for the entire season so he missed almost every game save for the last 2 or 3 games. No one knew Del Piero wil be that good, Ravanelli and Vialli are not really as good as goal scorers as Trez is and neither is as talented as Zlatan. Conte, di livio are not really in the calibre of Nedved, Emerson and Vieira and Fusi is not as good as either Cannavaro or Thuram unless you think Carrera is as good as the guys i just mentioned. Padovano and the always injure dLombardo are not as good as Mutu and Camoranesi. Before Lippi came we were having a very lean time of things as we had not won the league since Platini's era in 1994/95 as verona then napoli won it after with Milan's semi monopoly before we won it again under Lippi in his first season 94/95.
But you no waht you are all right capello is a genius and i am hopeless for even questioning his abilities. Who the hell do i think i am ?
Forgive my remission in not giving full report on the game. So like Rainforest here goes
It was a brilliant game tactically with Capello easily outwitting his main rival, who cares about goal mouth action when you can salivate on game played mainly in the midfield and at the end of the day we got the point to make us still 10 points clear.
Buffon: absolute brilliant as Capello coached him how to dive at forwards feet and thwart danger 9
Zebina: what a magnificent performance, one of the best right full back displays this millennium, boy is Capello a coaching genius or what 9
Chiellini? Way to go performance, just allow Stam get behind you even if he is not a natural right back but well as long as you are pleasant to Capello , nothing else matters 9.
Thuram : so what if you make rashg challenges and let ppl skip by ya, so what if you cannot head for toffee, as long as Capello loves ya and you keep making those blocks we all love, you are the man 9
Cannavaro: what can i say about your performance it was all heart and it was very tactical that noone apart from Capello would have thought of it 9
Mutu: You know what you belong on the wing as your fantastic crosses proved, who cares if they were off target and went into the stands after all thats just a technicality, its not necessary for crosses to be into the opposition's [penalty area. You were tactically brilliant as that whats the genius wants 9
Emerson: Once again you were immense as you totally bossed the midfield and going forward is not necessary as how many times in a season will Cannavaro callout your nickname for you to score, you have done your good deed for the season so its time to jst do what the master wants and you did it to perfection9
Vieria: Another collussus, you were totally out of this world as your committing fouls is all the entertainment we all wanna see as allowing kaka a free rein is not entertaining bringing him down is afterall rugby is the most fun sport in the world to watch after cricket 9
Nedved: Don't wejust love the way you dive about whenever you are touched, its such a masterstroke by the genius Capello to put you on the wing when everyone knows you are better down the middle but like Baldrick in blackadder he has a cunning plan , but you were absolutely brilliant as you managed to totally not play to the hands of 40 year old Costacurta by actually taking the fight to him 9
Zlatan: another fantastic display by you, managing to be offside is a master plan by our genius of a coach to distract Milan's defence. people think you are out of sorts and you cannot his a barn door but Capello knows best as he knows as long as you do those fancy flicks which goes no where in particular, Dp has no reason to be in the first team and you going off at half time was another stroke of genius, it gave you time to go watch Ajax vs Psv on dvd 9
Trez: You are just a pawn in the genius's masterplan, you just run around with no balls to feed on as you need the exercise as you are way too overweight anyways 9
Dp: Well you too were absolutely brilliant as you are also a pawn in the chess game, you will get your reward in heaven son 9
Capello: How can anyone doubt your genius, you have won the scudetto a zillion times, you have won championships in Timbuktu so why should we doubt you and the match was just a masterstroke. You don't attack willy nilly , just wait for Milan to attack you and once they lose possesion, well do not attack either as that will spoil the enjoyment of the game. Its only fair to play for a draw as a win will completely ruin the championship race. I am a born again Capelloist and i implore all his detractors to join me. Its the only way to live 10

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
denco said:
Lippi brought in Sousa and Deschamps, Fusi from Napoli with Ferrara and Tacchinardi from Atalanta. Baggio was injured cos of his wc exploits so he was missing for large chunks of the season, Deshamps was injured for the entire season so he missed almost every game save for the last 2 or 3 games. No one knew Del Piero wil be that good, Ravanelli and Vialli are not really as good as goal scorers as Trez is and neither is as talented as Zlatan. Conte, di livio are not really in the calibre of Nedved, Emerson and Vieira and Fusi is not as good as either Cannavaro or Thuram unless you think Carrera is as good as the guys i just mentioned. Padovano and the always injure dLombardo are not as good as Mutu and Camoranesi. Before Lippi came we were having a very lean time of things as we had not won the league since Platini's era in 1994/95 as verona then napoli won it after with Milan's semi monopoly before we won it again under Lippi in his first season 94/95.
But you no waht you are all right capello is a genius and i am hopeless for even questioning his abilities. Who the hell do i think i am ?
Forgive my remission in not giving full report on the game. So like Rainforest here goes
It was a brilliant game tactically with Capello easily outwitting his main rival, who cares about goal mouth action when you can salivate on game played mainly in the midfield and at the end of the day we got the point to make us still 10 points clear.
Buffon: absolute brilliant as Capello coached him how to dive at forwards feet and thwart danger 9
Zebina: what a magnificent performance, one of the best right full back displays this millennium, boy is Capello a coaching genius or what 9
Chiellini? Way to go performance, just allow Stam get behind you even if he is not a natural right back but well as long as you are pleasant to Capello , nothing else matters 9.
Thuram : so what if you make rashg challenges and let ppl skip by ya, so what if you cannot head for toffee, as long as Capello loves ya and you keep making those blocks we all love, you are the man 9
Cannavaro: what can i say about your performance it was all heart and it was very tactical that noone apart from Capello would have thought of it 9
Mutu: You know what you belong on the wing as your fantastic crosses proved, who cares if they were off target and went into the stands after all thats just a technicality, its not necessary for crosses to be into the opposition's [penalty area. You were tactically brilliant as that whats the genius wants 9
Emerson: Once again you were immense as you totally bossed the midfield and going forward is not necessary as how many times in a season will Cannavaro callout your nickname for you to score, you have done your good deed for the season so its time to jst do what the master wants and you did it to perfection9
Vieria: Another collussus, you were totally out of this world as your committing fouls is all the entertainment we all wanna see as allowing kaka a free rein is not entertaining bringing him down is afterall rugby is the most fun sport in the world to watch after cricket 9
Nedved: Don't wejust love the way you dive about whenever you are touched, its such a masterstroke by the genius Capello to put you on the wing when everyone knows you are better down the middle but like Baldrick in blackadder he has a cunning plan , but you were absolutely brilliant as you managed to totally not play to the hands of 40 year old Costacurta by actually taking the fight to him 9
Zlatan: another fantastic display by you, managing to be offside is a master plan by our genius of a coach to distract Milan's defence. people think you are out of sorts and you cannot his a barn door but Capello knows best as he knows as long as you do those fancy flicks which goes no where in particular, Dp has no reason to be in the first team and you going off at half time was another stroke of genius, it gave you time to go watch Ajax vs Psv on dvd 9
Trez: You are just a pawn in the genius's masterplan, you just run around with no balls to feed on as you need the exercise as you are way too overweight anyways 9
Dp: Well you too were absolutely brilliant as you are also a pawn in the chess game, you will get your reward in heaven son 9
Capello: How can anyone doubt your genius, you have won the scudetto a zillion times, you have won championships in Timbuktu so why should we doubt you and the match was just a masterstroke. You don't attack willy nilly , just wait for Milan to attack you and once they lose possesion, well do not attack either as that will spoil the enjoyment of the game. Its only fair to play for a draw as a win will completely ruin the championship race. I am a born again Capelloist and i implore all his detractors to join me. Its the only way to live 10
:lol: :lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
denco said:

:rofl: Brilliant.

Long live Capello and absurdly biased fans.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
denco said:
One of the most brilliant posts I read on this forum! :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)