[Seria A] Juventus - Lecce (41 Viewers)

Dec 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++
i was watching this match wondering why we have not seen these Goals Last wednesday ?

anyway, nedved's strong return was The reason for the 3 points. zlatan Good hattrik and good quality in scoring specially the fifth goal which is came from a smart foot.

Camo please do not keep the ball in your foots for a long time just pass.

Thuram i know your Good defender but against inter we do not want mistakes.

Cana don't be nervous always, calm down we do trust you next match.

i guess now you have felt the Pain Mr zeman, 5 Goals inside you're A*s so shut you're mouth next Time.

Go bianconero Boys, we have tough match against inter. keep Going on the performance. we dont wanna waste the scudetto too !
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus 5 - 2 Lecce
Vucinic 6 (L), Appiah 16 (J), Ibrahimovic 34, 43, 82 (J), Nedved 56 (J), Dalla Bona pen 88 (L)
Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zlatan Ibrahimovic bagged a hat-trick to demolish Lecce and give Juventus a three-point lead at the top thanks to Milan's shock defeat at Siena.

Juve's shock Champions' League exit to Liverpool midweek left the Scudetto as their only shot at some silverware this season, so beating Lecce was imperative. They faced Zdenek Zeman, the Coach who sparked the doping trial with his comments and made his first visit to the Delle Alpi since 1999, but both teams had injury concerns.

David Trezeguet and Jonathan Zebina are out for another three weeks, while Emerson was struggling with a muscular problem. Lecce had to reshuffle their midfield with Cristian Ledesma and Sasa Bjelanovic absent, so Marco Cassetti moved up from full-back to winger.

It was Lecce who took a shock lead after six minutes. A defensive error allowed Alex Pinardi to spring the offside trap and he intelligently chipped the ball over a helpless Gigi Buffon for Mirko Vucinic to score with a bicycle-kick.

Juve took their time to muster a reaction until Zlatan Ibrahimovic's low strike was gripped between Vincenzo Sicignano's knees in an unorthodox save.

The Bianconeri drew level moments later thanks to the disastrous Lecce offside trap. Stephen Appiah sprinted forward on Alessio Tacchinardi's pass from practically the centre circle and chipped the goalkeeper to finalise the move.

Lecce were not awed by playing in Turin and a low Vucinic strike was fingertipped round the post before Suleymane Diamoutene's free header was wide. Soon after, a fast-paced Marco Cassetti counter-attack caused more problems only for Guillermo Giacomazzi to fire over the bar.

Vucinic hooked down a Sicignano clearance and fired over the bar in an example of route one football.

But it was Juventus who turned the result around, perhaps against the run of play, when Ibrahimovic again sprung the offside trap 30 metres from goal and ran rings around the goalkeeper to score.

Moments later Buffon rushed off his line to save from Vucinic, but it wouldn't have counted anyway as he was offside. Nedved's cross reached Del Piero and his header was off target.

Buffon was working overtime and required a double save to keep out Jaime Valdes, but Juventus extended their lead on the stroke of half-time. Nedved sprinted through the centre and set up Ibrahimovic for a powerful angled drive.

Valdes limped off and Lecce introduced Axel Konan in first half stoppages, while Del Piero wasted a golden opportunity as he hesitated and saw his shot charged down.

Fabio Capello chose to leave Del Piero on the sidelines for the second half and threw on Marcelo Zalayeta. It was Pavel Nedved who put the win beyond doubt with Juve's fourth goal, pulling away from defenders before unleashing a rocket from 20 metres that beat Sicignano at the near post.

Lecce should've made it 4-2 in the closing stages, but Konan had a goal controversially disallowed for an offside position.

Instead, Ibrahimovic completed his hat-trick with a splendid curling finish from the far corner of the area that slotted in at the far post.

The action still wasn't over, as in the final minutes referee Matteo Simone Trefoloni pointed to the spot for Fabio Cannavaro's challenge on Konan, though it was probably a harsh decision. Sam Dalla Bona converted the first Serie A penalty awarded against Juve in over a year.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
a very exciting game , we were 1-0 within the first 6 mnts but we played an open game , the credit of course go first to zlatan , then to nedved and appia:D , yes appia played a wonderful game other than scoring he was very alive in midfield , he must stay next season we want him.

Ratings
Gianluigi Buffon 6
Gianluca Pessotto 6,5
Lilian Ulien Thuram 6
Fabio Cannavaro 6,5
Gianluca Zambrotta 6
Mauro German Camoranesi 6
Alessio Tacchinardi 6
Stephen Appiah 6,5
Pavel Nedved 7
Alessandro Del Piero 4
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 8

as for dp the guys who saw the match , saw how pathetic he is all his passes are wrong , he cant run with the ball , camo gave him a ball at the edge he only have to run and shoot but he waited until the defence came:(
this guy must go , we are better without him

arc

Mar 11, 2004
5-2 .. and we cant even score a goal against liverpool at home, exit of the cl is not being compensated by the 3 points lead, but beating milan!! keep this up juventus

Apr 26, 2004
Juventus is unstoppable against Lecce at Delle Alpi. After their lead after 7 minutes with Vucinic, the Giallorossi are overcome by Capello’s side, with a triple score by Ibrahimovic and goals by Appiah and Nedved. The Bianconeri fly 3 points clear in front of Milan, defeated in Siena.

Lively match at the Delle Alpi. The Bianconeri start attacking after 3 minutes, with a Appiah-Ibrahimovic partnership and a pass to Nedved, whose finish ends little high over the crossbar. Lecce make the most out of their attack-oriented features, like fastness, and they take the lead on 7’ minutes: Cassetti’s pass cleared by the defence, ball to Pinardi who serves a volley to Vucinic, scissor-kick and goal (0-1). Juventus attempt on goal with Ibrahimovic after Nedved’s assist, saved, and on 16’ minutes they get the draw with a fine goal by Appiah: assisted by Tacchinardi, the Ghanian dribbles the Giallorossa defence from the midfield, gets face-to-face with their goalkeeper, dodges and scores (1-1). Lecce attempt on goal with Vucinic’s free-kick, deflected out, and after the following corner, Diamoutene’s header ends out (18’). Capello’s squad gets near to scoring on 25’ minutes with Del Piero, in front of the goal, anticipated by Diamoutene. The Bianconeri’s lead comes on 34’ minutes when Ibrahimovic, served by Camoranesi, dribbles an opponent and kicks the ball in (2-1). Lecce move forward and engage Buffon with Valdes but it’s Juventus again who score and again with Ibrahimovic. It’s 43’ minutes: the Swede is assisted by Nedved and defeats Sicignano from the edge of the box (3-1).

Capello replaces Del Piero with Zalayeta, during the break. On 9’ minutes, Zalayeta passes to Ibrahimovic, whose finish is saved. On 11’ minutes, it’s 4-1. The author of the goal is Nedved, who fires in a great right-footed shot from outside the box. One minute later, Tacchinardi is substituted by Blasi. The clear Bianconeri’s advantage dampens the tone of the match and few are the action worth mentioning, on both sides. On 33’ minutes, Birindelli replaces Pessotto. On 35’ minutes, Vucinic serves Konan in front of the goal, the ball gets in but the goal is null because of the striker’s offside. The 5-1 goal is extraordinary, scored by Ibrahimovic with a great shot from outside the box (37’). In the last few minutes, Dalla Bona converts a penalty, which seals the match on the 5-2 result.

JUVENTUS-LECCE 5-2
GOALS: 7’fh Vucinic, 16’fh Appiah, 34’ e 43’ fh e 37’sh Ibrahimovic, 11’sh Nedved, 44’sh Dalla Bona (pen.)
JUVENTUS: Buffon, Pessotto (33’sh Birindelli), Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Appiah, Tacchinardi (12’sh Blasi), Nedved, Del Piero (1’sh Zalayeta), Ibrahimovic. Manager: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Montero, Kapo, Olivera.
LECCE: Sicignano, Diamoutene, Paci, Stovini, Rullo, Cassetti (34’sh Eremenko), Dalla Bona, Giacomazzi, Valdes (45’fh Konan), Vucinic, Pinardi (27’sh Mattioli). Manager: Zeman. Substitutes: Anania, Angelo De Almeida, Marianini, Camisa.
REFEREE: Trefoloni
YELLOW CARDS: 21’fh Cassetti
ATTENDANCE: 21.048
GATE TAKINGS: 419.176

Apr 26, 2004
“We struggled sometimes, as we conceded too much at start. We came to this match after a hard time, the exit from Champions League cannot be easily wiped away, moreover we found ourselves one goal down right away.. then our character came out”.
Fabio Capello is satisfied not only with the convincing win but also with Juventus’s reaction, able to catch up with one goal down and overcome Lecce: “We were frightened at first and Vucinic’s position caused us some problem, then their goal shook up. It was important to react like we did, like it was recovering Nedved: I saw him much determined in tackles and he scored a beautiful goal from outside the box, he needed that.”
This Sunday saw Milan fall at Siena and now the Bianconeri move three precious points clear: “Psychologically, it’s an important advantage – Capello continued – anyway there are too many matches to play to say these points will be decisive. On paper, we have the hardest schedule, although every single match is difficult: all clubs are in good conditions, they run a lot and you must play every match to the bitter end, because your opponents will be prepared to give all they can. You need great determination every time you get on the playground and you must not think about the table.”

Apr 26, 2004
“I’m progressing. Obviously, it’s not easy to get back after over two months out and play every three days, however I’m recovering my condition, step by step.” Pavel Nedved was one of the authors of the win against Lecce with a powerful performance, running a lot but also playing with quality, like Ibrahimovic’s assists or his own goal scored with a classy right-footed shot from outside the box: “To assist is my job and I’m always happy when I can make my team-mates score goals. Today’s win is very important, as it came after Wednesday’s disappointment and I can assure you that it was not easy to get on the field today with our minds free of that. That’s why I think all the team deserves a big round of applause for having been capable of such reaction.”

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Dammit.I have no idea what you guys mean when you call Buffon the best in the business,how can a keeper so embarrassingly hopeless at crosses be anything like the best.It's incredible how someone with such a glaring deficiency(amongst others which few here would willingly admit) in his game can be so grossly overrated not just by his own fans but also those of other teams.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Dammit.I have no idea what you guys mean when you call Buffon the best in the business,how can a keeper so embarrassingly hopeless at crosses be anything like the best.It's incredible how someone with such a glaring deficiency(amongst others which few here would willingly admit) in his game can be so grossly overrated not just by his own fans but also those of other teams.

i always think lionel lewis was better

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Buffon is way below his standards. Yesterday I watch the Real game and saw that even Casillas made way better saves than our own Gigi, not to forget Dida who is simply the best keeper at the moment.

Oct 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
a very exciting game , we were 1-0 within the first 6 mnts but we played an open game , the credit of course go first to zlatan , then to nedved and appia:D , yes appia played a wonderful game other than scoring he was very alive in midfield , he must stay next season we want him.

Ratings
Gianluigi Buffon 6
Gianluca Pessotto 6,5
Lilian Ulien Thuram 6
Fabio Cannavaro 6,5
Gianluca Zambrotta 6
Mauro German Camoranesi 6
Alessio Tacchinardi 6
Stephen Appiah 6,5
Pavel Nedved 7
Alessandro Del Piero 4
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 8

as for dp the guys who saw the match , saw how pathetic he is all his passes are wrong , he cant run with the ball , camo gave him a ball at the edge he only have to run and shoot but he waited until the defence came:(
this guy must go , we are better without him
hes simply not gud enugh to start anymore, but i wud keep him on the bench, even if its only to keep SUM fans the the stadium, if he goes the stadium will be even more empty

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Cech, Casillas and Dida are all better than Buffon atm IMHO.

Aug 26, 2003
Player of the Week: Ibrahimovic (Juventus) Monday 18 April, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there was one criticism of the way that the impressive Zlatan Ibrahimovic has settled into the world of Italian football, it was his lack of deadliness in front of goal. But five goals in his last two League games have given some substance to the claims that Juventus have indeed signed the new Marco Van Basten.

Ibrahimovic has enjoyed a splendid first season in Serie A since his £11m move from Ajax on transfer deadline day in the summer. Although he had been linked with the Turin giants for some time and had caught the eye with that back-heeled stunner against Italy at Euro 2004, not too many expected the Swede to be so super.

It can even be argued that he arrived at the Delle Alpi as third choice attacker behind David Trezeguet and Alex Del Piero. That statement seems laughable right now because the youngster is undoubtedly the first name down on the team-sheet when Fabio Capello ponders his offensive options. Who knows where Juve’s Scudetto bid would be without him?

Ibrahimovic seems well on the way to becoming a complete striker. He’s got power, some great technical ability – which is a hindrance at times seeing as he does overindulge in the sublime – and now an eye for goal.

Although he has incredibly failed to score in the Champions’ League this term, Ibrahimovic is his side’s top scorer in Serie A with 15. That’s the same amount as Adriano and just one shy of Parma’s Alberto Gilardino – the player Juve opted to ‘ignore’ on the transfer market in August.

The Scandinavian ace already netted a brace last weekend during the 3-3 draw at Fiorentina before his latest heroics on Sunday. With Del Piero suffering another anonymous afternoon and Trezeguet ruled out with injury yet again, the spotlight was well and truly on Ibrahimovic who netted a hat-trick in the 5-2 destruction of Lecce.

It was a performance which took his side back to the top of the table and a display which won wide praise from a club, who some thought had taken a gamble on such an individual. "He is a complete player who can score from any angle and by any method," said director general Luciano Moggi, the man responsible for his capture. "Ibrahimovic is an important player for not only the present but also for the future of Juventus."

Although it’s always difficult to speculate what Juventus’ summer transfer plans are, as Ibrahimovic’s surprise signing itself illustrates, there seems no doubt that Ibra is a player the Old Lady are counting on for some time to come. It is more likely that Del Piero and Trezeguet will leave Turin before this striker heads for the exit.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by loyada ] ++
I wonder what zeman will says about our performance
Zeman Tips Milan As Scudetto Winners
4/18/2005 4:08:00 PM
The Lecce coach was not impressed by Juve despite the Bianconeri beating the Giallorossi 5-2.
According to Zdenek Zeman, Juventus are not on the same level as Milan and that is why the Rossoneri will top Serie A by the end of the season.

“I saw a not-so-brilliant Juve side, which is starting to pay for the accumulated fatigue. I’m convinced that Ancelotti’s squad is favourite for the Scudetto even though Juve has recovered 3 points: but they had an 8 point advantage and they lost it before…”

There are still seven matchdays left before the end of the season, including the long-awaited Milan-Juve match in program at San Siro on the 8th of May.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)