[Seria A] Juventus - Lecce (3 Viewers)

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
It was a good day for all Juve fans today:)
We scored 5 goals, which is very good IMO and we was clearly the strongest team today!
Forza Juventus!!
Also a very good day for Zlatan, he was excellent!
And Neddy needed that goal for his confidence:)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
LOL FORZA SIENA

I just saw the result and that is a huge blow for Milan. What a joke.
I take no confidence in our three point cushion with Inter coming to town Wednesday. Sure, we finally piled up the goal total today (5?! Appiah?!) -- the most in Serie A since we last played Empoli for the 2003-2004 season opener (way back on Aug 31, 2003). But we were playing Lecce, and their offside trap was/is simply dreadful. (Though I do have to say, Appiah has been playing some of his best ever football for us lately ... which is saying that he's been tolerable.)

But I'll take the three points and goal differential, thank you very much. :D First and foremost, independent of Milan's performance, I'll savor this win.

As for Milan, I was picking a draw in that match ... knowing what Siena is capable of at home, given the relegation implications for Siena, given Milan's penchant for underplaying weaker opponents after big games, etc. But I didn't quite expect one in the L column. Sure, Milan is facing some injuries (though the whole Dida/flare thing is a ruse, IMO). But outside of Pirlo, this Milan side is just playing with a bit of fatigue after their stellar CL campaign.

Tudor headed the post once (what else ;) ). Chiesa has been quietly having a banner year this season -- just few outside of Siena have noticed. But Siena's goalie, IMO, is perhaps who kept them in the W column. Still, anyone scoring two legit goals on Milan has to get some offensive credit. Forza Siena! I am sure the town is going nuts and the Sienese sestieri have put down their arms to celebrate together.

Lesson for us: salvezza can mean a lot more than lo scudetto as a motivating factor when playing some of these teams on the brink.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
My rating:

Buffon: 7 :was really alert today prevented a couple of goals. Too bad two ere scored or he would have easily scored higher than 7 (though the goals were not his fault).
Pessotto: 6.5 : Although alot may say many dangerous chances were from his side,, but hey.. he managed to cover them all himself PLUS he killed Lecce's players with offsides.
Thuram: 6 :a not bad match.
Cannavaro: 6: same as Thuram
Zambrotta: 6: I expected a little better.
Taccinardi: 5.5: Looked shaky did some good passes but lost the ball in curcial places, though Pessotto covered most.
Appiah: 6.5: A surprisingy good game and scored the openning goal which was very important. Though was not as impressive deffencing wise.
Camoranesi: 6: His first half was not that good but second half was really good. Infact all players played a much better second half.
Nedved: 7: All I can say is Neddy is back :cool: Scored a goal played well offensively needs just to work on his deffencing.
Del Piero: 5.5: Not his best match of the season. few good passes, wasted two chances, one which wasn't 100% his fault because Maoro passed the ball too short, but still Ibrahimovic was clear on both ocassions and was in much better position to score.
Ibrahimovic: 8.5: Man of the match.. 3 goals. Good performance whether deffendng of attacking. Was selfish on few ocassions but hey he scored 3 goals and produced nice football whether with DP or Neddy.
Zalayata: 5: Did not move well on the field and wasted an easy chance.. Not a very good performance.
Blasi: 5.5: Gave stability to the midfield but not enough time to judge him well.
Berindelli: 5.5: No mistakes but same as blasi not enough time to judge him well.

:) FORZA JUVE.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
Moggi answers Juve critics Sunday 17 April, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Director General Luciano Moggi has used Juve’s newfound Serie A leadership to hit back at those who suggested the club had miscalculated this campaign.

“We now have the opportunity to work with an advantage over Milan, but the Scudetto race is far from over,” warned the transfer guru after they went three points clear at the top.

The Bianconeri had been bitterly criticised in the Italian Press this week after their sluggish European exit at the hands of Liverpool, but came back to beat Lecce 5-2 this afternoon.

“After the Champions’ League elimination we went back to a performance like the one you all saw today. The players proved what a great side this is and how mentally strong they are to react to this setback.”

Moggi was one of the main club representatives blamed for their Champions’ League slip because of the lack of quality alternatives available to Fabio Capello.

“The Juventus bench is as full as it needs to be and that should be evident by the fact we’re clear at the top of the table despite having David Trezeguet and Pavel Nedved out for most of the campaign,” insisted Moggi.

“Stephen Appiah is one of our squad players, yet we are inundated with offers for his services from Italy and England. Now it’s fashionable for people to say you need at least two whole line-ups, but there are other clubs with three entire sides who have been left behind.”

Adrian Mutu has already been snapped up and there are strong reports that Shabani Nonda and Robert Kovac also have deals in the bag, but Moggi is keeping tight-lipped.

“Juve have some talented youth team players – such as Masiello – who are breaking through and will make their mark next year.”
Shut up Moggi.

It's not like we're still in the Champions League and have the Scudetto wrapped up.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I just saw the Milan highlights and IMO Sheva's goal wasnt dissallowed because of his offside position, but rather because Crespo was in an offside position. I'm not sure if he really was or wasnt, but it sure was close.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
i was watching this match wondering why we have not seen these Goals Last wednesday ?

anyway, nedved's strong return was The reason for the 3 points. zlatan Good hattrik and good quality in scoring specially the fifth goal which is came from a smart foot.

Camo please do not keep the ball in your foots for a long time just pass.

Thuram i know your Good defender but against inter we do not want mistakes.

Cana don't be nervous always, calm down we do trust you next match.

i guess now you have felt the Pain Mr zeman, 5 Goals inside you're A*s so shut you're mouth next Time.

Go bianconero Boys, we have tough match against inter. keep Going on the performance. we dont wanna waste the scudetto too !

Apr 13, 2005
Great result.
It good to see Zlatan score so many goals in Seria A.
All we need now is for him to start scoring in the Champ League next year and we will surely win it.

I have notice lately though that Thuram has not been himself.
He is normally flawless but the past 2-3 weeks he hasn't preformed like he can.
Except for against Liverpool, Juve's perfect defense has started conceding a few goals. Unfortunately it kind of reminds me of last years defense again.:frown:

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I just want to understand why Zeman is considered a good coach.... the teams he has managed always become so fu++ing defenseless.... just check how many goals he has received in serie A.....

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
No 1 has ever considered him a good coach in here, he smokes and talks about his anti-drug campaign too much. Miccoli can join him. They r both of the same calibre since Miccoli said that he respects Zeman as a person + coach.

Jan 7, 2004
while i was watching Novantesimo minuto (an italian soccer show) the commentator said something very significant on Zlatan's third goal. he said "he scored with a shot that a few years ago used to be DP's"

makes you think doesnt it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)