Sergio Floccari (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But Boriello is doing wonders with Milan. Many here considered that transfer stages better than Amauri to Juve.
Everyone, and I mean everyone, knew Amauri was better (19 Serie A goals or not, doesnt matter). And Milan only wanted backup striker really. But the funny thing is the financial difference in these deals when there is a clear quality difference . Amauri, cost 12m euro plus Nocerino plus half of Lanzafame. Borriello cost 10m euro to buy back HALF of his contract, plus half of Di Gennaro.

I would think main thing why Milan didnt went after Amauri was financial one of not wanting to sign a somewhat pricey striker when they were going for Ronaldinho. But its funny how the financial side of Borriello and Amauri is not that big of a difference.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Everyone, and I mean everyone, knew Amauri was better (19 Serie A goals or not, doesnt matter). And Milan only wanted backup striker really. But the funny thing is the financial difference in these deals when there is a clear quality difference . Amauri, cost 12m euro plus Nocerino plus half of Lanzafame. Borriello cost 10m euro to buy back HALF of his contract, plus half of Di Gennaro.

I would think main thing why Milan didnt went after Amauri was financial one of not wanting to sign a somewhat pricey striker when they were going for Ronaldinho. But its funny how the financial side of Borriello and Amauri is not that big of a difference.
Milan went after Amauri but Amauri wanted CL football. That was the most important factor in the deal.

When you say everyone I am sure you mean everyone with half a brain because I am sure some members here considered the Boriello deal better. The argument was: Italian, younger and cheaper.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Atalanta deny Floccari to Juve Thursday 19 February, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta director Carlo Osti denies his club are negotiating the sale of Sergio Floccari to Juventus but concedes the striker is free to leave in June.

Floccari has been a leading light for Atalanta for the last two seasons and has made a name for himself with his exploits in Bergamo.

There had been rumours he would join Roma this summer, but his agent Claudio Vigorelli declared yesterday that he expected the gifted hitman to sign for Juventus.

“He is an Atalanta player and there are no negotiations with any club,” Osti insisted.

“In June we will weigh up the situation and if an agreement is reached between clubs and with the player then we will decide what to do.

“At the moment we don't want to talk about it because we are just concentrating on securing Serie A survival, which remains our objective.”

Channel 4

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Everyone, and I mean everyone, knew Amauri was better
Jack is right about the arguments given in the summer that Borriello might be a better transfer than Amauri. Not many members thought like that though but i'd like to mention that before Amauri destroyed us on Palermo-Juve, the majority here didn't want Amauri and didn't rate him high at all (and in "majority" i'm not counting those who didn't want him for one single reason, and that was "having enough quality strikers". Back then they did have a good point). We already had a better sub striker named Vincenzo Iaquinta,

All this is telling you one thing: They didn't even know Amauri. They never saw him play football. Since they didn't know him and he wasn't a youngster, he must have been an average or bad striker that only Secco could buy.
Then they watched him score a brace against us and suddenly he became a good striker.

That's a very common practice here. People judge players they don't even know and they usually judge by the age of these players.

You know this already though. You can see how great Aquilani is (after the first match they watched Aquilani play) and how awful he became (after the second time they watched him, when he played bad for Italy).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Too true, not accounting for the fickle nature of people.

But regardless of how suprising Amauri's quick transistion may be, that he is a dynamic and very good striker was obvious, only questionable thing was not him as a player, but how he will score consistently or not etc. Being reluctant towards his signing, as some were, because we had good enough striker force (counting them being healthy, neither Trez or Iaquinta been that much), is understandable (or wanting better strikers if we are going to sign one, though too expensive they would be, me personally, I wanted Berbatov the magician, superior to Amauri, without any doubt).

Saying mediocre players like Borriello is better, is not something I even acknowledged for a second. Borriello who I think is good enough player, but doesnt belong in top team as a starter, was repetetive enough about that in XT regarding NT level regarding him :pp

He works hard and would quite good prima punta to have around, in the Iaquinta role (and Milan misses him even if he didnt score), but no Amauri at all. His 19 goals season didnt deceive me, because it was essentially one great first half of the season, and totally off second of it (14 open play goals, last half of the season, he only scored pks, 5 in total, nothing awing, more of a Di Vaio scenario now).

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Borriello's a very decent player and he's been injured for most of the season. When he's played he's been pretty good and Milan fans rate him.

He's not as good as Amauri obviously, but his playing type is similar. His quality is on par with Iaquinta, but Borriello's younger, has a worse workrate but is a better target man.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Milan went after Amauri but Amauri wanted CL football. That was the most important factor in the deal.

When you say everyone I am sure you mean everyone with half a brain because I am sure some members here considered the Boriello deal better. The argument was: Italian, younger and cheaper.
I remember that very much, there were plenty of those, they used the same argument for Aquilani, Montolivo, Cigarini etc.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
anyone, and i mean anyone, who thought Borrielo was going to be a better buy than Amauri needs to staple their scrotum to a corner pocket on a snooker table and let us take pot -shots

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
anyone, and i mean anyone, who thought Borrielo was going to be a better buy than Amauri needs to staple their scrotum to a corner pocket on a snooker table and let us take pot -shots
:lol:

Now you make me check those old threads and see who the lucky winners are.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I checked the official Amauri thread AFTER he signed with us, not too many would be negative when he became official, but I still like Mr Nostradamus:

Welcome Amauri! Great signing. After 6 months everybody who thrashed him will sing his praises because as it is known, they are too fickle.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Speaking of him I haven't seen him in a while, maybe he's at home with the rest of the glory supporters over at the goaldotcom forums

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Barca forum,living in the land of milk and honey and waiting for Juve,manure,Lyon,etc to have a glorious run of form and joj their forums to bask in their respective glory

or maybe he just ran out of things to copy/paste

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I have been thinking and i don't want Amauri, just because Moggi say it's ok, it's not ok, we need more italiAns.

GET CASSANO . GILARDINO AND BORRIELLO HERE.
yeah lets get a nutcase,choke artist and penis cream slathering druggie instead, hey, at least they are ilalian:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)