Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
You can't simply look at season's numbers. Watch the players play football.
I'd pick Rossi ahead of Mario Gomez, despite the fact that the German (almost) regularly has better numbers and was a ~35 million euro purchase.
I want the better player, the one who will seriously improve the team in many levels. That is why I prefer Sanchez to most of them. It's because I watched him a lot and I know he'll seriously improve Juve, which Rossi will never do, even if Rossi had not one but 5 seasons behind him with +20 goals scored.

Don't you get it?
Di Vaio can score 20 goals per season in the next 3 seasons while Zlatan could score 14 in each of the three seasons and I'd pick Zlatan, because of the incredible influence he'll have on the team.
Rossi won't have it and I am not sure if Kun will have it either, but for the Argie there is hope while for Rossi I am sure he won't have such influence.
Well said, by the way.

I just don't want Sanchez, like you do. I'd want him for a 4-3-3 and not to be one of the strikers of a 4-4-2.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I think we can all agree that aguero is more similar to del piero than rossi could ever be... I think aguero will be more easily fit/suited as an SS and partnering with another CF/target man than rossi; with rossi it will more likely that we ended with amauri-iaquinta style of twin tower partnership -which is failed- , 2 forward that do not / hard to complement each others.

rossi is good if we sold iaq, amori, quaq, matri and toni all at once, since they're all not that different in the fundamental style of playing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
For me the difference between the numbers isn't as dramatic as you guys make the difference in player and that's why it angers me. The difference between agletico and villareal aren't that big even though it was 4th and 7th and the players not that different either in performance. Reember Rossi starts for his national team while agureo bench warms
Italian national team even gave a starting spot to giovinco a while ago

argentina has messi, di maria, higuain and tevez up there, with a ton of possible subs

plz dont use that as an argument :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
rossi is good if we sold iaq, amori, quaq, matri and toni all at once, since they're all not that different in the fundamental style of playing.
Rossi would have been fine if we didn't buy Quag. It was gonna be like replacing Robinho with Cassano. No big difference in the style and in what they offer overall, even if Rossi could offer slightly more than Quag.
But with the choice we have up front, I simply can't see what more would Rossi add that deserves a 25-30m eur investment. What exactly can he change and offer more than Quag? Perhaps 5-6 more goals per season and less overall effort. That's fine, but not worth 25m eur.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Italian national team even gave a starting spot to giovinco a while ago

argentina has messi, di maria, higuain and tevez up there, with a ton of possible subs

plz dont use that as an argument :D
Dude I'm so tired of hearing your shit. Was Chiellini handed a starting spot as well? If you answer "No" then neither was Giovinco.

C'mon we both know he earned it fair and square, he even looks better than cassano at times and that's a testament to his quality

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think we can all agree that aguero is more similar to del piero than rossi could ever be... I think aguero will be more easily fit/suited as an SS and partnering with another CF/target man than rossi; with rossi it will more likely that we ended with amauri-iaquinta style of twin tower partnership -which is failed- , 2 forward that do not / hard to complement each others.

Rossi can definitely back up Matri.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Rossi would have been fine if we didn't buy Quag. It was gonna be like replacing Robinho with Cassano. No big difference in the style and in what they offer overall, even if Rossi could offer slightly more than Quag.
But with the choice we have up front, I simply can't see what more would Rossi add that deserves a 25-30m eur investment. What exactly can he change and offer more than Quag? Perhaps 5-6 more goals per season and less overall effort. That's fine, but not worth 25m eur.
Well, that's just it. The money spent on him doesn't justify that large of an investment for improvement on a position where they are already in decent shape with Quag.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dude I'm so tired of hearing your shit. Was Chiellini handed a starting spot as well? If you answer "No" then neither was Giovinco.

C'mon we both know he earned it fair and square, he even looks better than cassano at times and that's a testament to his quality
i agree, but you cant quite compare him to tevez, higuain and messi in therms of competition

giovinco wouldnt have gone into the NT based on a good half season at relegation avoiding parma, if we had the level of forwards that argentina boasts

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
i agree, but you cant quite compare him to tevez, higuain and messi in therms of competition

giovinco wouldnt have gone into the NT based on a good half season at relegation avoiding parma, if we had the level of forwards that argentina boasts
It was actually a good full season. If lavezzi is on the team then I'm sure Giovinco would also be. Not starting but on the bench, same can be said of pastore he had a good first-half of the season and he's on the bench. But that's making up scenarios and nothing is certain in such conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)