Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Here is a question? If aguero had a better surrounding cast this year and is better how come rossi had better numbers?
I'm not sure if Aguero had a better team than Rossi did. Even if he did, you should know well that you really can't look at it that way, especially if you're looking strictly at one single season.

There are like million examples which will show the flaws in your theory, so I'll use the first one that crossed my mind:
- If Zlatan had a better surrounding than Di Vaio, how come Di Vaio scored more?

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
In this forum you are either a Moggi hater or a Moggi lover, nothing in between.

Either a part of the so-called "society" or anti-Marotta

Either you think Aguero is 1000 times better than Rossi or you're a Azzurri clown fanboy/fangirl who's full of bias.

Gotta love it.
:tup::D

Loads of mind readers on here as well.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Once again. He claimed that Rossi had better stats on a weaker team, which is simply not true. I'm talking about getting these 2 "facts" straight.
well, I wouldn't take to heart what one person said ... maybe they just had enough with the general trend on the forum - Aguero=God, Rossi=crap ... the person you are referring to was probably just trying to even the field a little :D

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
well, I wouldn't take to heart what one person said ... maybe they just had enough with the general trend on the forum - Aguero=God, Rossi=crap ... the person you are referring to was probably just trying to even the field a little :D
Actually the person Im referring to is, from what I've read, the biggest Rossi fanboy on this forum, so I couldn't resist and correct him on obviously wrong statements :p. Usually I only read this board.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Once again. He claimed that Rossi had better stats on a weaker team, which is simply not true. I'm talking about getting these 2 "facts" straight.
For me the difference between the numbers isn't as dramatic as you guys make the difference in player and that's why it angers me. The difference between agletico and villareal aren't that big even though it was 4th and 7th and the players not that different either in performance. Reember Rossi starts for his national team while agureo bench warms

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Numbers say a lot man. For example tackling and passing completion..saves per game for goalies, shots taken against for the defense etc etc.

Numbers and stats speak volumes though.
Well, in that case I don't know why clubs have scouts. They could always put some geeks doing the job. Here, look at the 09/10 season:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/12909/javier-pedro-saviola?cc=5739
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/108226/óscar-cardozo?cc=5739

Based on this, as they're both strikers, I'd say Cardozo is twice the player Saviola is. In fact, Savi was the best man (team) of that season and were mostly his off the ball movements that allowed Cardozo to have such a numbers.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
For me the difference between the numbers isn't as dramatic as you guys make the difference in player and that's why it angers me. The difference between agletico and villareal aren't that big even though it was 4th and 7th and the players not that different either in performance. Reember Rossi starts for his national team while agureo bench warms
Oh shit man, wouldn't have said that if I was you...

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Also im not a fanboy. I want what's best for my club my loyalty is to Juve not the players. The better scenario for me is getting a good quality player for good money instead of emptying the bank on one great player

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
:sergio:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You can't simply look at season's numbers. Watch the players play football.
I'd pick Rossi ahead of Mario Gomez, despite the fact that the German (almost) regularly has better numbers and was a ~35 million euro purchase.
I want the better player, the one who will seriously improve the team in many levels. That is why I prefer Sanchez to most of them. It's because I watched him a lot and I know he'll seriously improve Juve, which Rossi will never do, even if Rossi had not one but 5 seasons behind him with +20 goals scored.

Don't you get it?
Di Vaio can score 20 goals per season in the next 3 seasons while Zlatan could score 14 in each of the three seasons and I'd pick Zlatan, because of the incredible influence he'll have on the team.
Rossi won't have it and I am not sure if Kun will have it either, but for the Argie there is hope while for Rossi I am sure he won't have such influence.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
The difference of the teams is that, as team, Villarreal is undoubtly better. And when you have a better team, the ball arrives more times to the strikers. Even if Atletico's players are better overall, that doesn't matter.

The bold is ridiculous (and I'm one of the few who isn't azzurri hater here). :lol:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Also im not a fanboy. I want what's best for my club my loyalty is to Juve not the players. The better scenario for me is getting a good quality player for good money instead of emptying the bank on one great player
I'm ok with that. But not with making false statements like before. Just try to check your facts before lobbying for Rossi again.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
The difference of the teams is that, as team, Villarreal is undoubtly better. And when you have a better team, the ball arrives more times to the strikers. Even if Atletico's players are better overall, that doesn't matter.

The bold is ridiculous (and I'm one of the few who isn't azzurri hater here). :lol:
why is the bold rediculous no one on here would want lavezzi over aguero yet he starts over aguero on the national team. How is this not relative?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
why is the bold rediculous no one on here would want lavezzi over aguero yet he starts over aguero on the national team. How is this not relative?
Because Argentina has some tough competition for forwards.

Right now the Azzurri are going through some tough times, Rossi was able to walk right in.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Is Rossi a starter for Italy? If yes, when did he become?

Do you want me to show you where was Rossi (starter or bench warmer) in the last 10 matches Italy played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)