Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Loss of respect is part of the deal, that and other downsides of essentially retiring as an elite footballer for money is what the extra 64m is supposed to cover.
interesting concept of respect. what's your respect worth? or mine?

what respect did we show pogba? or cuadrado? or higuain? or dybala?

all treated like shit. booed and even spread false lies about them by "fans"

nah i'd rather have extra money. football is a job afterall

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
what about money? 20m per season no taxes for 4 years vs 4 m per season no taxes for 4 years

80m overall vs 16m overall. that's a significant difference.
how does his lifestyle change though? You cant compare it to a "regular" job.

SMS ain't serious if he goes to Saudi, but then again he never left Lazio so maybe that was already established.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He never was that ambitious. Don’t forget he renewed with Lazio in 2019 when Tici was throwing money left and right, and Ronaldo was still here. He had a year left then too iirc.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
how does his lifestyle change though? You cant compare it to a "regular" job.

SMS ain't serious if he goes to Saudi, but then again he never left Lazio so maybe that was already established.
what lifestyle things can you specify he will miss?

mansions, yachts, first class jets, super cars, 5 star hotels, high speed internet, servants, doctors, accountants, lawyers.etc

all are available where he will go. some even morer readily available than in a a third world shit hole with crumbling infrastructure like italy.

so i'm curious what u think he will have to change? religion? customs?

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
If he decides to join the Saudi league, it would be a relief for us, in my opinion. It seems that he lacks ambition, and we need determined and trophy-driven individuals to get the club back on track.
On the contrary, I would be greatly disappointed if we don't secure Parisi.

petszata

Jul 7, 2020
Just forget about both. Parisi is another youth talent not joining us because we have Sandro, Cambiasso and even MDS playing in that position- first and latter are not going anywhere. Also in 352 we have Kostic and Iling Jr so Parisi is a Big No atm

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Mo money mo problems.

It's really hard to say no to big money coming from a not so prosperous place. Pretty sure those close to him will call him selfish if he picked less money. I'm not trying to defend him but there's a big difference from a norwegian guy saying no to 20 million and a serb doing that.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
interesting concept of respect. what's your respect worth? or mine?

what respect did we show pogba? or cuadrado? or higuain? or dybala?

all treated like shit. booed and even spread false lies about them by "fans"

nah i'd rather have extra money. football is a job afterall
Not saying its not worth it, to each their own. But loss of respect is definitely one of the reasons Saudi's have to pay 5 times as much as the others, once you go there you're essentially retired and everyone speaks about your real football career in past tense.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Also he’s not refusing to sign for Madrid or some serious club. If his only option would be a juve side with Allegri as a coach and no European cup and 20 mil net more…. I sure know what I would choose. He’d be stupid to refuse saudi money, plus with all those players joining now and maybe the next 1-2 years, it’s fair to say it’s a better league than Serie a

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Also he’s not refusing to sign for Madrid or some serious club. If his only option would be a juve side with Allegri as a coach and no European cup and 20 mil net more…. I sure know what I would choose. He’d be stupid to refuse saudi money, plus with all those players joining now and maybe the next 1-2 years, it’s fair to say it’s a better league than Serie a
Serie A might be shite, but come on :rofl:

That is never going to happen.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
This guy might be the epitome of wanting to be a big fish in a small pond. Did that at Lazio, and is going to do it in Saudi.

A lot of the big Saudi signings have been players who have mostly won everything and are nearing the end of their careers, so getting sweet money to top off it all could perhaps be justified.

This guy isnt even 29 yet and could have potentially taken himself to the next level by staying in Europe and a joining another club after Lazio. Instead chooses to go to Saudi.

It’s not just for the money IMO. It’s money + lack of ambition. With all that considered, i’d say JJ dodged a bullet herer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strickland

May 17, 2019
SA might catch up with Turkey and Russian Premier League if they keep this up, but thats about the maximum you can build short term

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
If they have another 2 summers like this wouldn’t be to sure

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Unless entire teams and starting 11 are players making these bigs bucks, there's no way. Sure, the top 2-3 players on each team will be elite but the other 7-8 players are Serie C level AT BEST. Maybe even Serie D level.

And honestly thats not a dig at SA. That just shows how far behind they are in terms of developing talent. They'd do better to import and nationalize from the surrounding countries who would flock to SA for the living standard comparatively in the region.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Any person offered 5 or 6x their salary, particularly with a family is likely to accept imo.

Yes football is a slightly different world and these are exorbitant sums, however do also take into account there is hardly anyone interested, we are a club on a big decline in a dull, boring, rapidly declining league in terms of prestige, entertainment, viewers and money.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Any person offered 5 or 6x their salary, particularly with a family is likely to accept imo.

Yes football is a slightly different world and these are exorbitant sums, however do also take into account there is hardly anyone interested, we are a club on a big decline in a dull, boring, rapidly declining league in terms of prestige, entertainment, viewers and money.
He has links with ManUtd virtually every summer.
So i don’t think it’s correct to say that he wasn’t generating interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

A bit different when you earn that amount of money. Yeah I would understand why he would choose Saudia over Lazio but he is a player who can do more than just play in Saudia.
Its not as if Saudia lose interest in him over time. They want to get everyone worthy (name wise) and SMS is definitely a big name who could be even bigger once he joins a bigger club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)