Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Are you sure? All of those will cost money and we kinda don't have it
we'll sell a few players, rabiot is off of the wage bill. pogba should retire too but we can't have it all can we

anyway, i don't get tuz. we've been rightfully whining about the state of our midfield since vidal left. every single mercato's main topic - and i repeat, for a reason - is that we should find proper midfielders. that was the case even when we had pjanic and khedira, and those two are levels above our current stable. now that we have fagioli who can pass miles better than mckennie, suddenly we're all set? the glaring issue that we can't dominate games and we don't score nearly enough from midfield suddenly disappeared?

locatelli, fagioli, rovella, miretti, cripple pogba is suddenly enough for tuz?

:vdp:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
we'll sell a few players, rabiot is off of the wage bill. pogba should retire too but we can't have it all can we

anyway, i don't get tuz. we've been rightfully whining about the state of our midfield since vidal left. every single mercato's main topic - and i repeat, for a reason - is that we should find proper midfielders. that was the case even when we had pjanic and khedira, and those two are levels above our current stable. now that we have fagioli who can pass miles better than mckennie, suddenly we're all set? the glaring issue that we can't dominate games and we don't score nearly enough from midfield suddenly disappeared?

locatelli, fagioli, rovella, miretti, cripple pogba is suddenly enough for tuz?

:vdp:
Personally, id rather give Fagioli, Rovella and Miretti space. Pogba i still rate too, i just hope he can play a few seasons healthy to show it. Otherwise whenever hes out, it means more playing time for our youngsters. Locatelli is a decent rotation mid and for the 6th mid we should have an eclectic guy like Pereyra, since we like using different formations so much.

Im not sure how much money they can spend but fullbacks are more pressing of an issue. We got no one there really, Cuads is gone, AS too, MDS is useless and Pellegrini will be loaned out again probably. Cambiaso is a sub at most, Kostic and Iling are solid options, as wingbacks tho. We dont have a LB, and we wont have a decent RB either now that Danilo is a CB. If you say we should play with wingbacks and 3 CBs, then we dont have a RWB at all and we will need 2 CBs. Unless you wanna rely on Bonucci there. In midfield atleast you got some exciting options now. Its not the misery of Rabiot, Arthur, McKennie etc anymore. Our defense is quite in shambles tho.

And dont get me wrong, id love Sergej at Juve too. I just think we should fix these areas first

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What, you think he was going to gift to us on a cheap out of the kindness of his heart? Lol

At least you know how to use a thesaurus.
No, but it's not going to cost us 100 or even 80 million. His contract is up in 2024, so we could probably get him for 50 million + bonuses - hardly cheap, but it's not exactly backbreaking. Fuck off Fagiot, sell McNuggets, and Do Not Redeem Parepiss, and that practically funds SMS.

He's younger and better than the two dinosaurs you mentioned. Kante in 2018, 2019 or even 2020? Count me in. Kante in 2022? No thanks.

Gundogan will also be looking for one final paycheck, so I would avoid. What would his motivation be to come here anyway? Let's avoid washed up players with nothing to play for FFS! Not every single purchase turns into a Pirlo - in fact, we've been more miss than hit with our free acquisitions lately.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Pogba, Locatelli, Fagioli, Miretti, Rovella, Zakaria.

If Rovella is as good as Tuz says he is, then we have a midfield potentially as good as any other in Serie A: Locatelli-Rovella-Pogba.

When Pogba is unavailable we have Fagioli to step in.

Sure SMS would increase the quality in midfield but 1) we have other departments more desperate for quality to be added, and 2) as a guaranteed starter he will inhibit the development of the younger players.

If we do need to make a midfield signing I would prefer to go for someone younger, cheaper, less proven who can grow in value and will not be entitled to play every game, thus providing healthy competition among the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)