Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (59 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Huh? He is in no way similar in style or attributes
Im comparing the hype and will for us to get him here. D'Agostino just had a great season in Udinese, we badly needed a midfielder and he was well over priced. We were obbsssed with signing him and the saga went on for a long time but in the end we dodged a bullet.

Im getting the same vibes. That being said I still rate SMS as 10 times the better player its just the vibe im getting. Similar situation.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Im comparing the hype and will for us to get him here. D'Agostino just had a great season in Udinese, we badly needed a midfielder and he was well over priced. We were obbsssed with signing him and the saga went on for a long time but in the end we dodged a bullet.

Im getting the same vibes. That being said I still rate SMS as 10 times the better player its just the vibe im getting. Similar situation.
One difference, we had different managment back then. Right now this exciment about Sergej probably only counts for fans, while M&P are just doing their work.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wouldn't it be better to try and sign Golovin and say, Kovacic? Both combined would be cheaper than SMS.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Chances are very slim to none we'll be signing two more midfielders... We have 7 mids atm...
Well when you have 2 (Stu/Marchisio) rumored to be leaving and since we had a weak midfield last year...2 leaving, 1 coming so far...it make sense to reinforce. Don't think matuidi will be a starter by October.

Mids: Pjanic, Can, Kovacic/Golovin, Sami, Matuidi

Out: Stu/Marchisio

6 seems like a healthy mix for 3 man midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at that, we still don't really have a midfielder that can surge the ball forward quickly and effectively, which is why I mentioned Golovin/Kovacic.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I'd love him here too but is it worth getting into a battle we can't win with Lotito?
I don't think there is even a battle. Brazil won't lose against Serbia and Switzerland wins over Costa-Rica. With Serbs out Lotito has only Seria A performance as a leverage, and it's not the strongest position, no one is going to pay for Seria A-only star except us. I bet Lotito is already sweating and checking his wallet every other minute knowing that Beppe is going to penny-pinch him for hell.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't think there is even a battle. Brazil won't lose against Serbia and Switzerland wins over Costa-Rica. With Serbs out Lotito has only Seria A performance as a leverage, and it's not the strongest position, no one is going to pay for Seria A-only star except us. I bet Lotito is already sweating and checking his wallet every other minute knowing that Beppe is going to penny-pinch him for hell.
Though I can see how a WC performance would effect the price of a player but its not like anyone expected Serbia to advance far in the WC. I still think his hype will keep his price high enough to discourage us. Hope I'm wrong and you're right though :tup:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Though I can see how a WC performance would effect the price of a player but its not like anyone expected Serbia to advance far in the WC. I still think his hype will keep his price high enough to discourage us. Hope I'm wrong and you're right though :tup:
This hype is Seria A only really, outside of Italy he is mentioned sometimes only as a "young talent, potentially good". And one thing is to advance far, and another is to lose against Switzerland like a bunch of wussies.
I'm pretty confident that if Serbia doesn't defeat Brazil we are going to get him.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well when you have 2 (Stu/Marchisio) rumored to be leaving and since we had a weak midfield last year...2 leaving, 1 coming so far...it make sense to reinforce. Don't think matuidi will be a starter by October.

Mids: Pjanic, Can, Kovacic/Golovin, Sami, Matuidi

Out: Stu/Marchisio

6 seems like a healthy mix for 3 man midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at that, we still don't really have a midfielder that can surge the ball forward quickly and effectively, which is why I mentioned Golovin/Kovacic.
You're forgetting Bentancur whose role should definitely be increasing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You're forgetting Bentancur whose role should definitely be increasing.
You're right, I definitely hope he gets more PT. But he still isn't the kind of midfielder we REALLY need at the moment. We need one capable of bring the ball forward quickly.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
You're right, I definitely hope he gets more PT. But he still isn't the kind of midfielder we REALLY need at the moment. We need one capable of bring the ball forward quickly.
I saw him moving directly towards goal with the ball at his feet while dribbling 1-2 players. Did that against Real too.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I saw him moving directly towards goal with the ball at his feet while dribbling 1-2 players. Did that against Real too.
He seems really quick in distribution, not one to hold onto the ball whether he takes the ball himself directly or passes the ball quickly to the attack, either way, we need it. Our transitions are painfully slow.

Hopefully max changes his tactics and encourages to have more freedom and creativity. I think he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)