Senderos (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
Juventus are ready to make a £3m offer for Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos, according to reports in the British Press.

Giorgio Chiellini could be on his way to the Premiership with Manchester City and the Serie B champions are eyeing the Gunners’ man to strengthen their defensive department.

The Mirror claims that Senderos has emerged as a serious target for the Italian giants, as the Bianconeri have prepared a £3m offer in the belief that the 22-year-old is eager to leave England.

The Swiss international joined Arsenal in 2003, but has since been plagued with injuries and fallen behind William Gallas and fellow countryman Johan Djourou in the pecking order at the Emirates Stadium.

Senderos is highly rated by Juve Coach Claudio Ranieri [pictured], who believes that he could adapt perfectly to his plans for the coming season’s return to Serie A.

The defender would join a recent exodus from Arsenal after captain Thierry Henry’s move to Barcelona, with following Fiorentina target Freddie Ljungberg’s decision to join West Ham this week.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul24f.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Senderos, Zapata... not bad but we are still Juventus. I want us to aim a little bit higher. If we can't get any topclass then we shouldn't bother. Stop waisting money on secondstring players.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
I cannot grasp why we would throw £3 mio. out the window. In my opinion, Mimmo is superior to Senderos. Senderos isn't a player you can build your defence on. Not even when he is paired with a player of Andrade's quality.

Haven't Grande Ranieri said we wouldn't look for players in England? Besides, I don't like the fact that our DC's would be non-Italians. I would like us to have at least one Italian starting at that position.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I would like us to have at least one Italian starting at that position.
The problem is "who, of quality is currently available?" Despite all the talk it's by no means certain we could get Barzagli, & we have less than 5 weeks to find 1 more quality defender, so it will probably have to be a non Italian. Senderos? A gamble!

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
senderos is not a good enough player to be even to be linked with us , so i cannot even fathom the idea of him putting on our colours, we should not be going for average players might as well keep faith with our youngster or otherwise break the bank for a quality player as i am typing this i am watching Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen i say pay for quality and get quality results btw Bayern leading 4-1 second half now we should get a quality centre back not
a player who will cost us points

Adzke

May 19, 2007
The problem is "who, of quality is currently available?" Despite all the talk it's by no means certain we could get Barzagli, & we have less than 5 weeks to find 1 more quality defender, so it will probably have to be a non Italian. Senderos? A gamble!
I would prefer giving Mimmo his chance instead of throwing money away on Senderos.

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
Senderos... I'd pass.

He's a strange player. Had a brilliant start to his career and everyone was pegging him as a future defensive leader. A couple injuries and seasons later, he's vanished into obscurity and is third in the pecking order of an Arsenal team that is not defensively deep. I don't know what happened to this kid, but we don't need him... even if there is a chance he can revive his career somewhere by leaving London.

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
no please no!!!

i would rather have criscito start off. cmon give that lad a chance.
personally i would prefer to see at least 1 italian as CB.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I am a bit of an Arsenal fan, so I can say with pretty good knowledge that he isnt worth the money, nor will he help our team very much

Badass Devil said:
f*ck senderos

boumsong is better
I wouldnt go that far...

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Senderos sucks... this is pathetic. How low can we go. So our biggest hole in our team from last year has gotten 0 upgrade. No CB's... wonderful. Oh well, at least we will be able to pass it around the pitch all day. WEEEEEE

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I just wonder when exactly Juventus became a team that had to gamble?

Senderos may very well bounce back and be an elite world class defender... on the other hand, he might just be in over his head.

This is a player that has Bolton or Sampdoria written on him, not Juve.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I just wonder when exactly Juventus became a team that had to gamble?

Senderos may very well bounce back and be an elite world class defender... on the other hand, he might just be in over his head.

This is a player that has Bolton or Sampdoria written on him, not Juve.
his name is Claudio Ranieri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)