Seeking Juventus Info, New Fan (2 Viewers)

ItzLeif

Feb 12, 2012
I hope I don't make the impression of a clueless guy who knows nothing about football, but I've very recently decided that Juventus will be my 'other team' to support outside of the UK.

I know the 'basics' of Juventus' history, and I know how AMAZING Buffon and Del Piero are and so-on, but having only watched a few full 90 minute Juventus games so far, I'm a bit clueless about the rest of the squad, and would very much appreciate it if you could give me a little info and answer a few of my questions.

Who in the current senior team, if any, look like they could be future leaders of the club and become key figures?

Who are the fan favourites in the team?

Who are the biggest under-achievers in the team who aren't popular with the fans?

What's the best formation and starting line-up out of the current players available?

What's the deal with Marchisio? I hear a lot of mixed things about him. Is he good/bad/very good/very bad?

Is there anything else obvious that I may need to know?

Thank you ever so much for reading, and thank you even more if you reply!

Buy on AliExpress.com

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
matri, marchisio, lich
dp, gigi, marchisio, chiello
bonucci
3-5-2, 4-2-4
very good this season, bad in the last seasons
yep, don't make a thread for these questions, you can ask them everywhere...you'll get mods warning you...other than that, keep watching juve and you'll get most of the answers for your questions

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
You know Juve is back when you have separate threads of people wanting to become fans :lol:

Welcome bro beans.

Who in the current senior team, if any, look like they could be future leaders of the club and become key figures? Tough question, I think Chiellini and Marchisio could be the future leaders.

Who are the fan favourites in the team? Buffon, Del Piero, Chiellini, Marchisio, Storari, Caceres, and Matri, lately Barzagli.

Who are the biggest under-achievers in the team who aren't popular with the fans? Krasic is the biggest under-achiever, we all know he can do better. Write Bonucci down here as well.

What's the best formation and starting line-up out of the current players available? 4-3-3: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal; Vucinic, Matri, Pepe

What's the deal with Marchisio? I hear a lot of mixed things about him. Is he good/bad/very good/very bad? Up till last season he was okayish, nothing special but he wasn't horrible. This season he really picked up.

Is there anything else obvious that I may need to know? We are all gays.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Just real quick:

Future leaders: Chiellini & Marchisio.
Fan favorites: Del Piero, Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio. Pirlo, Lichtsteiner and Vidal get a lot of love too I guess.
Under-achievers: We got rid of a lot of them this January. Grosso gets a lot of hate. Bonucci out of the regulars.
Marchisio (my opinion): Talented player who hasn't really performed at the level he should be until this season. During past seasons he's been pretty inconsistent but last year he got waaay too much hate, even though he had an average/below average season.

And I guess you should know about the guy who cuts our grass. Local legend, they call him Marco Motta.

Welcome btw!

OP
ItzLeif

ItzLeif

Feb 12, 2012
  • Thread Starter #8
    Wow ok, I didn't expect this many replies so fast! (Thanks for all of them by the way!)

Without trying to come off sounding cheesy in my 1st/2nd post, I think it's safe to say I've found the best club to support, and I just love the fans. Not in that gay way mentioned above though -_- !
    I look forward to celebrating many victories with you guys.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    You know Juve is back when you have separate threads of people wanting to become fans :lol:
    New section: "Becoming a Juventino 101"? :D

Naw, it's cool. And the guy clearly has taste if he's looking to Juve - with no European play to speak of - when looking outside the UK.

Welcome, ItzLeif!

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
    Wow ok, I didn't expect this many replies so fast! (Thanks for all of them by the way!)

Without trying to come off sounding cheesy in my 1st/2nd post, I think it's safe to say I've found the best club to support, and I just love the fans. Not in that gay way mentioned above though -_- !
    Question is, who do you support in the UK? Notts County?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010

Just don't bail on us if things don't go our way!

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    blʘndu;3513619 said:
    matri, marchisio, lich
    dp, gigi, marchisio, chiello
    bonucci
    3-5-2, 4-2-4
    very good this season, bad in the last seasons
    yep, don't make a thread for these questions, you can ask them everywhere...you'll get mods warning you...other than that, keep watching juve and you'll get most of the answers for your questions
    Matri, Lichtsteiner, 4-2-4? C'mon Blondu :p

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Who in the current senior team, if any, look like they could be future leaders of the club and become key figures?
    Marchisio, Vidal

Who are the fan favourites in the team?
    Del Piero, Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio, Pirlo

Who are the biggest under-achievers in the team who aren't popular with the fans?
    Krasic, De Ceglie, Bonucci

What's the best formation and starting line-up out of the current players available?
    4-3-3: Buffon ; Lichtsteiner--Barzagli--Chiellini--De Ceglie ; Vidal--Pirlo--Marchisio ; Pepe--Matri--Vucinic

What's the deal with Marchisio? I hear a lot of mixed things about him. Is he good/bad/very good/very bad?
    Only sheep here and Carlo Garganese from goal.com thought he was poor in previous seasons. Everyone else in the world of football acknowledged what a wonderful player he is.

Is there anything else obvious that I may need to know?
    Hate Borriello. Matri is overrated. Elia is useless. Pepe is better than he looks. Buffon is the greatest of all time.

Thank you ever so much for reading, and thank you even more if you reply!

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    i hate glory hunters..i can understand these newbies but only if they're 12 or something. if you're 20 and you started watching football since you were 10 and you choosed after 10 years that juve is your team that's bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)