Sebastian Giovinco (8 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 31, 2008
If we get a RW then it'll be Mirko/Tevez-Tevez/Llorente-RW, if not Tevez-Llorente-Mirko as first choice if we use the 4-3-3 at times.

Hopefully we don't get to see the midget getting time this season. I understand that Beppe doesn't want to sell him after getting him last mercato. Next summer and I hope he packs his bags and leaves us permanently.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
:sergio: Nobody's judging him based on this pre-season but based on ALL the time he's been a Juventus player.

He can't dribble, can't run, light as a feather falls at every touch, horrible ball control and has the finishing of a 3 year old.

Winger? :lol: Are you serious? He's a mid-table team material who will show glimpses of good football every now and then. A bad-decent sub to have but when people here consider him in the starting eleven, it makes me cringe with embarrassment. We've tried the 4-3-3 before and no, he can't handle it.
Hence why he will be a 4th choice coming off the bench.

Who the hell thinks he should be a starter?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
As it stands, we got an excellent squad for 3-5-2. We got the striker for it aswel, and our fullbacks are doing very good. No, they arent as offensive as the fullbacks of some other teams, but they make up in tactical and defensive prowness.

This team could transition into an interesting 3-4-1-2, thats the kind of player interesting in us : a trequartista.

However, this 4-3-3 fetish is absurd. Peluso is far from asamoah. the midfield is exposed on the flanks, it requires much more physical stress, and we dont have the wide players for it.
WHy keep this fetish and do all the work, just to get that formation ?
No, its more logical to have the perfect players for the main formation, and consider it usefull to have players that could enable us to go 4-3-3, but thats not the main importance

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Why do you guys think selling Giovinco was never on the cards this summer? Is it because Conte rates him higher than Quagliarella and Matri, or because he wouldn't attract as high a transfer fee as the other two?

Does anyone still think Giovinco is useful?

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Why do you guys think selling Giovinco was never on the cards this summer? Is it because Conte rates him higher than Quagliarella and Matri, or because he wouldn't attract as high a transfer fee as the other two?

They may not want to sell him at a loss, or the club may want to hold him another season for amortization/accounting purposes, or what have you - I really don't know much about that.

To me, it has always seemed that Conte does rate him higher than Quagliarella and Matri. He has always spoken favourably of the way Seba trains, he seems to like the player's work rate. We all saw how he favoured Giovinco earlier in the season as well, and despite all of the hate around here, Giovinco did put himself in some solid positions to be more productive - he just couldn't finish those chances. Anyway, the player does follow Conte's tactical directions well on the pitch - hence all of that PT - and he didn't say a peep when he saw more of the bench after his injuries, in the 2nd half of the year.

I'm sure management is collectively hoping that he settles in a little more in his second year, and becomes a bit less of a spaz in and around the box (maybe being a father will change some of his life perspectives, make him a calmer individual); obviously they want him to succeed, and it's usually not a good idea to sell a player after one season.

I still think he can be a useful squad member. If we ship Matri and Q off, he could end up getting quite a lot of playing time (one injury away), so we all better hope he can be useful this season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

I think that right now, Juventus dont know what to do with him.
Im rpetty sure that Conte and Marotta know his flaws an would be willing to sell him... but he has not value on the market. Also, we bought him just one season ago, and it would not look good to sell him right now after just one season in which he performed OK.

IMO, the main issue is his transfer value...and also that we dont know what to do with him in the team... now more than ever that we have tevez.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)