Sebastian Giovinco (13 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 29, 2006
With 2 new strikers coming.... or possibly coming..... i find hard to see him getting much playing time.

UNless Conte changes the way he uses Gio..... what we have seen in the last 3 months is just the beggining.... he will e benched much mroe exts eason.
Pros:
Would lower his expectations and fuel his hunger for a move. In the meantime his depreciation in our books would drive his value closer to the realistic selling point incurring us lower accounting losses on his imminent sale.
Anything that might change such trajectory will be mostly on the positive side for us. (ex: he finds his place in the team)

Cons:
Has only 2 years left on his contract.
That definitely won't raise his price.

======
All in all him staying as a sub seems the logical thing to do. Unless an offer arrives, but that is fantasy football. Nobody would give more than 10m for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Not unless we use him roaming from the left side. He doesn't need an entire flank to run into, but putting him into a pitched battle with central defenders is a bit of a joke.
one of the main reasons gio failed big times this year, I liked the kid and was happy he came back and can't believe i saw him fighting vs big italian central defenders every week :sergio: that is like pointing out his main weaknesses (of which he can't do anything about it). and don't come up with ale (cos ale is way more physical that gio).
t

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He could be a pretty good 25-game a season man or more here in the right position.
Agreed, would be a mistake and rash to sell him after just 1 season, if Conte becomes more flexible in tactics can be very useful.

He is one of my favourite players, and with some more patience I would defenitely would love to see him make it with us.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I agree with you all here, if Conte is after some width and incision the Giovinco on the left screams that without having to spend a cent.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Both him and Conte need to realize the reason he stood out when younger, his creativity, specifically exploiting the space from the left while cutting in, we let him go as a more creative oriented player, and got back a player that mainly shoots and tries to just and run straight at bigger defenders head on (mainly because of having the weird role of central striker).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
one of the main reasons gio failed big times this year, I liked the kid and was happy he came back and can't believe i saw him fighting vs big italian central defenders every week :sergio: that is like pointing out his main weaknesses (of which he can't do anything about it). and don't come up with ale (cos ale is way more physical that gio).
t
He has failed and will continue to fail because he is weak mentally, and isn't as good as he thinks he is (and his fanboys believe). I'd be tempted to give him one more season, but I fear that his value will only decrease further. If someone were to offer 10 million, we should sell without hesitation. He is unlikely to ever amount to anything in a Juve shirt.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
He has failed and will continue to fail because he is weak mentally, and isn't as good as he thinks he is (and his fanboys believe). I'd be tempted to give him one more season, but I fear that his value will only decrease further. If someone were to offer 10 million, we should sell without hesitation. He is unlikely to ever amount to anything in a Juve shirt.
no one will offer 10m
I do doubt his mentally too, but seeing him fighting vs two defenders week in and out isn't re4ally fair to judge the kid on.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Both him and Conte need to realize the reason he stood out when younger, his creativity, specifically exploiting the space from the left while cutting in, we let him go as a more creative oriented player, and got back a player that mainly shoots and tries to just and run straight at bigger defenders head on (mainly because of having the weird role of central striker).
Maybe he just isnt nearly as good as you think. And probably, conte cant be arsed changing his formation for him since his endproduct isnt nearly good enough

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I've been trying to say this all season long. :tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
IM almost 30 and im a kid :p

But seriously...he deserves one more season but on the flanks.

He just doesnt cut it as a SS. Like some said, he lacks the mentality for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)