Sebastian Giovinco (48 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
exactly :tup:

I said it the entire season and i'll keep saying it. We cannot use giovinco as a starter, ever. The fact he did just shows how pathetic our frontline was bar vucinic. Against chelsea, he showed exactly what i want from him. Enter a game in wich we are leading, opponents pressing, us defending deep, and their defenders getting tired and stretched.
THEN, bring on the $#@!ing vinco, and he will have his space to run in. In this very situation, he was VERY good at parma. Yes, we should keep him for that very reason, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT START HIM. Defenders will man handle him.
Wide position ? we did that a few times and giaccherini was better then him. He cant get past his marker, he's only good at cutting back and early crossing. thing is, as an impact player, he would be able to do this much easyer.

We need diamanti to give us much needed versatility, and Higuain for the kick in quality.

Having diamanti, vucinic, llorente and higuain for both starter forward spots, is the way to go. having giovinco to come in when we are leading against stretched defences, is just making perfect use of our 5 strikers
The thing is, we will be wasting him on the bench by doing that. He definitely doesnt cut it as a forward, but his qualities should be used. We paid 10 mils for him.

He can be used wide. He can for sure dribble past his marker, the problem when using him in the middle of the park is that most of the time defensive midfielders and central defenders are around the area, so he doesnt have space to run and leaves him just with the option of engaging with the central defenders from the front, and most of the time with is back to goal. When he does that, he doesnt have what is needed to dribble past them, as to do that u need a combination of 3 things: good technique, good decition making and acceptable physical presence, because no good central defender will let you past swiftly without duking it out. His dribbling is ok, his sprint is good. but his first touch, decition making and physical presence are not good enough. Because of all this negatives, we see him running into bad spaces, sending the ball way too far from him, or just going facecheking the chest of a defender.

On the wing, he is given the space and the option to go back and forth at will,to CHOOSE what to do , or do those quick one-twos he loves and overuse, and is not forced to engage on 1v1s always. We need to remember that he also has a decent cross, and surprisingly, a very good free kick shot that we have underused A LOT. Since he is a peedy fellow, he can easily sprint into the corner area and force defenses to go wide to mark him, and if he succeds in a one on one in that area, it means trouble for the enemy team. Now mre than ever that we will have *crossfingers* good headers like llorente and a new striker. Llorente in particular is very tall and loves to score from headers.

Because of this IMO, before benching him forever and use him as a sporadic "impact" player... we should try this or simply sell him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I dont see anything wrong with putting him on that bench. he doesnt have the qualities to be a starter at a topteam like juve

and what you want from him, is far above his skillcap

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And apparently Genoa and Sampdoria interested in him. The latter may throw Obiang, Zaza and one other guy into the deal, if the rumor is to be believed. Forget if it's Poli or another youth we are after. Anyway, just sharing. It's on TJ.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Should go elsewhere to play regular football as he did at Parma. Swapping him for Poli wouldnt be wuch a bad idea...we may need more back up in midfield if the Marchisio deals ever eventuates.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
He is only suited for 4-3-3......And that is that. He can not play anything different than the LW or RW positions. You could just see it. Every single time when he would slide to the wings in the games he played, he was an immediate danger. It is his position. It is where his qualities come to light and his flaws do not matter.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm afraid i have to disagree with this opinion.

Giovinco on the wing, was more of the same stuff. Basically he tries to take on defenders, and NEVER gets past them, allways looses the ball. The only good thing he did from the flank, was that one game where he was switched to the right, where he cut back, and send early crosses with his left foot.
HOWEVER, if we were to pounce on this and make him set his game to this, soon defenders would figure it out, forcing him to take them on instead, losing the ball.

Giovinco was best when lots of space was to be found, and springing on lose balls. He however has shown an ridiculous lack of composure and mostly ballooned these chances out of the stadium. At his age, he could improve here, but nothing groundbreaking.

I'm all for using him as a supstitute for counterattacking play.

But one has to wonder, if we aquire Higuain who has a great burst acceleration and good top speed, and possibly Jovetic on a trolldeal, if Giovinco still has this use in the team ?

With Llorente-Higuain starting, we'd have Jovetic who is better at allmost anything compared to giovinco to possibly come on and do the exact same thing as giovinco, but has the added value he can also start regular games aswel. And then there is the Vucinic relation.

If we can get Higuain and Jovetic, there is no room in this juventus for Giovinco.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I'm afraid i have to disagree with this opinion.

Giovinco on the wing, was more of the same stuff. Basically he tries to take on defenders, and NEVER gets past them, allways looses the ball. The only good thing he did from the flank, was that one game where he was switched to the right, where he cut back, and send early crosses with his left foot.
HOWEVER, if we were to pounce on this and make him set his game to this, soon defenders would figure it out, forcing him to take them on instead, losing the ball.

Giovinco was best when lots of space was to be found, and springing on lose balls. He however has shown an ridiculous lack of composure and mostly ballooned these chances out of the stadium. At his age, he could improve here, but nothing groundbreaking.

I'm all for using him as a supstitute for counterattacking play.

But one has to wonder, if we aquire Higuain who has a great burst acceleration and good top speed, and possibly Jovetic on a trolldeal, if Giovinco still has this use in the team ?

With Llorente-Higuain starting, we'd have Jovetic who is better at allmost anything compared to giovinco to possibly come on and do the exact same thing as giovinco, but has the added value he can also start regular games aswel. And then there is the Vucinic relation.

If we can get Higuain and Jovetic, there is no room in this juventus for Giovinco.
But we will not sign those two in this summer mercato alone. And regardless the new faces, it's stated that giovinco will stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)