Sebastian Giovinco (25 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
Hahahahahhaha 08 :p
As someone pointed out the video is mirrored so that they wouldn't take it down, stupid youtube rules. Anyhow, that was a great piece of skill, i always liked the guys but i can't say for sure he'd succeed at Juve.
He does seem like the cheapest shot we've got for something potentially big.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
So, 9 goals and 6 assists Seba? We currently have scored miserable 33 goals although I believe we're the leaders for time spent in opponents half with (or without) the ball and shots both on and off target. Forza end product.

Apr 15, 2006
Hahahahahhaha 08 :p
As someone pointed out the video is mirrored so that they wouldn't take it down, stupid youtube rules. Anyhow, that was a great piece of skill, i always liked the guys but i can't say for sure he'd succeed at Juve.
He does seem like the cheapest shot we've got for something potentially big.
I'm sure that if he's deployed well, he can succeed here.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
I've watched some Parma games. Giovinco's style has changed. Now he hardly dribbles and beats the defenders and when he does, he doesn't succeed that much. He has 1.5 successful dribbles and is dispossed 2.6 times per game, with less successful dribbles than Vucinic who has less playing time. And remember 1. Vucinic plays against a wall whilst Giovinco's team has far more free space; 2. In Parma, Biabiany is the one who creates space for his teammates with most dribbles in Serie A (3 per game); 3. Vucinic dribbles forward, sometimes beating several defenders whilst Giovinco of now hardly does this and his dribbling is something similar of that of Pirlo (at least this is what I see when watching Parma).

In Parma what Giovinco does is to attack space and shoot (he can shoot whenever he wants and has far more shooting attemps than anyone in Parma), a role similar to that of Vucinic when he was in Lecce (also in a small team that didn't have to face a wall) and scored 19 goals in a season but Vucinic of that time had greater dribbling who could beat several defenders for a row, something Giovinco of now is not capable of (also something Vucinic of now is less capable of, sadly).

Giovinco has some technique and skills and would bring something to the team if he plays as a sub or accept a turnover role but I'm not sure if he is that good to get a starting spot if our aim is to be better than now. And I'm afraid he wouldn't be contempt to play this kind of role.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I still think he'd be a perfect fit. Capable of unlocking defences, whilst very able in our possesion play. His passing has always been precise and smart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)