Sebastian Giovinco (11 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I`m confused. Isn`t Giovinco`s future is in Parma`s hands?
From what I understand Parma have a fixed price to sign Giovinco`s other 50%
so If Parma make the offer and they already said they will isn`t Giovinco theirs?
Which other 50%?

They have the option to buy 50% of his contract, right now they own 0%.

The remaining 50% will have to be negotiated, probably at a later time. His future is as much in Parma's hands as it is in ours.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
But Parma will buy 50% for sure. Like I said before, I wouldn't mind losing 2/3M with this deal. I mean, Parma pay the clause (3M) and we give them 5/6M to get his full ownership back.

It's a stupid move, but the stupidity of this was in the initial clause mainly.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I can't understand why we even gave them an option to buy 50% in the first place. To me it sounds like the stupidest thing ever. I'm sure we could of found plenty of clubs who woud of been more than happy to just take him on loan for a season.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
it's really simple. the italian attitude towards loanees in general is "don't play them if you do not benefit from it". surely it would not benefit parma getting gio, building their play around thim, just for us to take him back and leave them with a non-functional team. so by giving the option, the club at least has something from boosting the players form and playing him. we did the same with stendardo... loaned him out because we were in need, but never actually played him when everybody was fit.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
it's really simple. the italian attitude towards loanees in general is "don't play them if you do not benefit from it". surely it would not benefit parma getting gio, building their play around thim, just for us to take him back and leave them with a non-functional team. so by giving the option, the club at least has something from boosting the players form and playing him. we did the same with stendardo... loaned him out because we were in need, but never actually played him when everybody was fit.
I don't agree with it at all im sure there would of been plenty teams across europe that would of been more than happy to take a player like Gio even just for the year and played him as much as possible still knowing they would have to give him back. He could be so useful to many teams right now. The italian way of doing things when it comes to football sucks and is so outdated.

Jut for example if barcelona wanted to loan us messi for a year would we say no unless we had an option to buy half at the end of the season?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Stendardo was Lazio's, not ours.
that was my point. we loaned him (without an option) and so we did only play him when absolutely necessary (because of injuries)

The italian way of doing things when it comes to football sucks and is so outdated.
doesn't matter, because it is how it is, no matter how much you or i like it

Jut for example if barcelona wanted to loan us messi for a year would we say no unless we had an option to buy half at the end of the season?
it's a bit of a long shot to compare this to messi.

let's make it a more plausible comparision. do you think we would have gone for a loan of aquilani if we had no option to buy him ? we would integrate him and trust him and probably just boost his confidence to help liverpool have him next season and we would be confronted with the same problem (lack of CM) next season.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I don't think that Aquilani is a fair comparison either because giovinco is too good for a club like Parma and Aquilani is not too good for a club like Juve. Thats the point i was making. Parma should be lucky to have a player like Gio for a season to boost their chances of staying up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)